Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Monday, Monday *****July 1, 2013 *****with the 4th approaching*****
dollbug posted:
Morning FMily, MiMi in NC where it is damp and muggy again....thunder showers are expected off and on today. We had a nice cook out for my GD and she had a really good time. One of my GS though got sick yesterday and he had to go to doctor due to his temp....it seems he had a really bad sore throat. He also had a sore spot on his foot from a splinter he had gotten on vacation.

Here is hoping each of you had a good week-end and I hope today will be a good day for us all.

Welcome to the new members who have joined our FM support group....I am sure that soon each of you will find something that will help you cope better. Hang in here with us and learn all you can about what others have found that has helped them cope better. You should also remember though that what helps one may or may not work for another.

Vitamin D.....so important for a lot of people these days. Speak to your doctor about having your Vitamin D level checked. Low Vitamin D can cause additional pain for some people and it can also affect other illnesses as well.

Preparing for the 4th? So what is in store for this holiday? It has been reported that some of the fireworks which are normally displaced has been canceled this year. I am assuming that getting sponsors for this event has been a problem. So many companies have cut back and laid off people in NC.

Have a good day and remember to pace, pace and pace even more.

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

missist responded:
Hi Mimi.. and all..

Holy cow we have rain here! Mimi is not kidding it is every day, and I think its been that way for ? since April?

crazy.

We have a new invasion of may flies. This morning I opened the door and there was a pile out there a foot high of dead/dying mayflies. I accidentally stepped on some and -they were slippery too. Didn't fall, thankfully. I guess they come to the lake to mate and die. crazy.

I have never seen that many bugs.

So glad Hubby is home this week, for his vacation--he got the leafblower out and cleared the deck before I got home from my errands.

So.. I'm doing something new, taking my meds with dinner instead of at bedtime. Hope to sleep better and avoid heartburn.

should work I think.

Found out we have a yoga class at our community center here in town--so I think I may look into that. be a way to meet some folks, its probably mainly grannys.

also have a saturday local farmers market and they accept local artisans too--so who knows--maybe I will get a booth there sometime.

tomorrow I'm getting a calligraphy lesson from a fellow etsy seller who lives not far from me. So that's nice.

Time to venture out in the world and meet people.

Well I know we are supposed to rain every day this week, hopefully it will end soon--but at least it is keeping it cooler. mid 80s and humid is better than high 90s and humid.

Have a good evening folks!
Mary

debrabrooks1960 responded:
Happy Monday to all!

It has been raining here everyday for over a week. It is suppose to keep raining though the weekend. By Thursday we could get anywhere from 1-7 inches of rain. 4th of July will be the worst day for rain. Looks like we will get rained out for fireworks. Hopefully it will clear long enough to be able to see neighbors set off their fireworks.

I am volenteering (spelling ?) to help with the dogs where I work; I work in a women's prison. The inmates train dogs to help handicap people and help abused dogs get use to being around people so they can be adopted. The help a lot of greyhound dogs get adjusted to people. Those poor dogs are so afraid when we get them. I get to bring home a dog for over night to help them experience home life. I think it is going to be fun. I have a black lab that will love to have a play mate for a night.

I hope everyone has a good lnight's rest. Soft hugs to all.

Debbie
Your not over the hill until you are under the hill.

Bette_K replied to debrabrooks1960's response:
Debbie,

Sounds like fun. I would wind up with a loose greyhound. Imagine trying to catch the fastest dog on earth. Our beagle thinks he's Houdini. There's nothing to do but wait for him to come back--usually at dinner time--so we can hook him back on his chain.

He'll never make a house dog. He marks the furniture in the time-honored doggie way.

Bette

Anon_10089 replied to debrabrooks1960's response:
Debbie-

What a great program with the dogs! I'm sure that provides healing on both sides!

debrabrooks1960 replied to Anon_10089's response:
The dog program is great. It helps the dogs and the inmates as well. It is amazing to see the difference in the inmates after they are assigned to a dog. They get love from the dog that many inmates have never had in their life times. Then the dogs get love in return. We have actually had inmates go home and adopt the dog they took care of in prison. It is a great program.

debrabrooks1960 replied to Bette_K's response:
Dear Betty,

I use to have a golden lab that we called Houdini! She knew how to open the screen door with her nose! If that did not work she would pop out the screen in a window (we use to leave the windows up a lot until she started getting out) and get out so she could wait for us in the driveway when we got home. She could get out of any fenced in area. She would climb over the fence or dig her way out. Luckily she never left the 2 acres we had. She just wanted to be outside. Sadly she is not with us anymore. She got cancer and we had to put her down. I miss her everyday. She was such a loveable dog!

Debbie

Helpful Tips

~FM TIPS - LIVING W/ FM - TOOLBOX ~WELCOME NEWCOMMERS~
Welcome to Our FMily! My name is MeMe, I'm an FM suffer of 19 years, along with autoimmune diseases & other conditions. ... More
Was this Helpful?
463 of 538 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.