Skip to content
Wednesday ****7/3/2013****Rain for the holiday ****
dollbug posted:
Morning FMily....MiMi in NC where it is raining again this morning....I think they said this is day 11 for showers present. OMG....can not even believe just how much rain parts of NC has received....up to over 12 in for some places....which brought flooding to some people....ruining people's places to stay.

Yesterday I actually heard the word Fibromyalgia on tv....talking about pain pill and just how many women get addicted to them and over dose on them. So I guess there must be a lot of doctors who still prescribe them to people with FM....they were referring to middle aged women on this. I am sure doctors will now soon crack down again on providing pain pills to people. I am thankful that I have figured out how to *control my FM pain* by taking vitamins and supplements and doing other things as well. Now if only I could figure out how to control the chronic fatigue.

Here is hoping each of you had a good night's rest and I hope today will be a good day for us all.

Welcome to the new members who have joined our FM support group. I am sure that soon each of you will find something that will help you cope better. It does take a trial and error process which does take time and effort. There are no quick fixes that I am aware of.

With the 4th of July approaching us I hope everyone will take the time to remember the military people who are serving our country. So much going on still around the country. I guess fireworks and parades will be postponed this year....both being big deals here and in so many places.

Enjoy your holiday and stay safe.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it on this damp day.

MiMi

IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

missist responded:
Good Morning Mimi & all fmily.

Well, as Mimi mentioned we've had a ton of rain-- she is in NC, I'm right below her in SC and by golly this is getting ridiculous.

But so it goes.

I had a rough night unfortunately and woke up with my 'everything hurts'. Been awhile, but yup, I'm flared all over.

frustrating.

Hubby is on vacation and wants to work on our boat, but it needs some paint and some clear coat and he must work on it out in the driveway--so not happening. He needs about 40 hours of dry weather.

So he's not getting that done at all.

He has gotten another section built on our dock though, and maybe he will finish it up since the boat is not happening--or maybe finish up putting our new gutters on the house. There's always another project somewhere.

I'm not doing much that seems productive, will have to think of something useful I can do today too. Maybe put some salads together for tomorrow, our kids will be here for the 4th. That will be fun.

Hope everyone has a good day!
Mary

debrabrooks1960 responded:
Happy Wednesday to all!

So much rain here. The dirt roads where we live are already starting to wash away. Yards are flooding. I pray it does not get worse, but with all the rain yet to come, it does not look like it will stop any time soon.

My pain level has been a 8 today. I now have a total body weather machine. My poor dog is so scared of the thunder that she has been hiding behind the couch. She did come out to eat, but went right back as soon as the food was gone! I am so glad I do not have to work tomorrow. I plan on taking it easy all day. I was hoping to grill out, but I am not sure if the weather will clear long enough to let me grill. I do have a watermelon getting cold in the refrigator. So we will have a taste of summer wether the sun comes out or not!

I hope everyone has a good 4th of July that is pain free or at least manageable. Soft hugs to all.

Debbie Lewis
Your not over the hill until you are under the hill.

Helpful Tips

Living Well with Fibromyalgia
Greetings! I have learned patience and a positive attitude is key to my pain management. I developed Fibromyalgia after a hysterectomy in ... More
Was this Helpful?
198 of 215 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.