Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Our FM Support Group****
dollbug posted:
Hello FMily....I wanted to take the time to say that I do appreciate the kind words from some of you about my posting daily. I do want to tell each of you though that this community belongs to *ALL of us, FMers*....it seems like a lot of the oldie goldie members have stopped reaching out. I do not know why....perhaps they are just tired of posting every day.

I have also visited other communities on WebMD and it seems like the traffic there is also very slow. I am sure this has something to do with our *experts* being taken taken away.

The support group will only survive if indeed we all stick together and continue to post. There are days when I do not have much to share with others but I continue to post regardless to let any of the new members know that there are others who care and share what new members are seeking.

I know that a lot of the members went to FB in the beginning. I, too, have a FB account but do not use it except for posting on other sites and to keep up with my family. I am careful about using FB since I know firsthand just how many problems can result from people doing so. Being charged with criminal issues has caused a lot of *issues* in my family....and yes....some of the charges were cyberstalking and harassment. My daughter was *targeted just recently with threats made on the internet by the person who has brought the *self initiated warrants* against her...I think there have been a total of 9 charges against her and she has done absolutely. This has been a very expensive and stressful time for my entire family. So I do take caution here.

I do know though that it takes all of us to make this work. I know that I have learned a lot about how to cope with the wrath of the dragon here....and I hope others have also learned from what has been shared here as well. I think we all know that 2 heads are better than one and the more heads we have the better.

Thanks to all of the FMers who continue to share and care about those who are seeking to find support here.

Have a good day.

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

fibroinsd responded:
Hi Mimi...and I do want to take a min. to tell you how much I appreciate you keeping this page going..I so miss Caprice and I do think she was a gem at keeping us going when we were down....for all the good info, etc..I feel sorry for many of the pages doing without people like her...I know even when she was here..I would go to some other pages and just didn't get much response and it was frustrating..

I am guilty as charged of not posting as much..I don't know why..I come here and read and then think..oh, I will write something later in the day..and then I don't get back to it..I know I am really busy, and basically fairly depressed, and don't always feel like going into it all..Speaking of which..I think I will go lie down outside..feeling the "sleepy " coming on..

Take care..and thanks again for hanging in there.
cece
Let's put the fun back in dysfunctional !- Mary Englebright

Fibrosarah replied to fibroinsd's response:
I'm with you on the procrastinating on responding on a post. I lurk and read, and sometimes post to a new one on weekends, etc
Talk about depressed, it seems every holiday it seems to really set in with me. Just being alone, and family is either working or out of town.

Then I think about going to town or do something, and it seems to take more energy then I have,

Happy Independence day to everyone!

booch007 responded:
Mimi,

It is sad that Caprice lost her position with us BUT, let me say again BUT...she was a patient too. She was fmily.....she can post and be with us anytime she would like.

You and I don't get paid to be here, we assist where we can. I am suprised she disappeared the way she did......this is an open forum for all......Hmmm.

I was here for a few of the group issues and crashes and then those leaving and those coming. Cyclical like lfe I think.

Some have said they can't pick people up all the time....my feeling it is a leaning in to someone. Holding them up...pointing their face in the right direction. Giving them direction and tools to survive this.

I don't think I can ever leave as I find this the biggest thing I have had to deal with. The strangest thing I have had to deal with...so I will always share.

Yes, I only come in on the weekends...but my heart is here. I am so very busy and it is still good medicine to come and lay some words on the page and share the issues, a story or gripe...cry...laugh (sometimes at myself) and let someone know they are not alone that that pain you are dealing with is the pain I* had in the past...I KNOW IT.

It is validating to know someone else KNOWS and you are not crazy....Here is hoping it stays together as there is defenitely a need. This page has alot of information on it.

Nancy B

dollbug replied to booch007's response:
Hello Nana B....you are right (again)....this is a good FM support group. I know that I have learned a lot from being here and I hope that I have shared something that perhaps has helped some else as well.

I have no idea just how many people lurk and perhaps never even join or post.

Computers are wonderful *tools* for people, IF they use them for the right reasons. Modern technology is a very fast pace issue these days....with newer and better up to date ideas being introduced all the time.

I think we all know though that there is indeed a lot of *junk* on them as well....and actually those who try to cause harm to people as well.

I think everyone should use the computer with *caution*....I know I have from the beginning. (don't know exactly why though).

People now have *up to date information* on almost anything and everything these days....if you dare....and *this* has become a way of life....whether we like it or not, whether we use it or not. It is here for those who care to put it to good use.

Thanks to you and the others who are dedicated to this group. It will be only what we allow it to be.

Take care.

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

angelswife responded:
I know I'm guilty of not posting lately, and I'm sorry. Life has its usual challenges, plus I'm currently dealing with Lyme disease and an injured knee. Not a lot of energy to go around these days! I'm working three hours a day, which is more than I should be doing but it's keeping us afloat; and I have zero energy when I get home. I will probably feel perkier once I'm off the Doxycycline! That stuff can really do a number on you.

You will always be my FMily, whether I'm posting or not. I think of you all the time.

rudyandirmouse responded:
I just want to say how much I appreciate the daily Roll Call created by MiMi and this site in general. What a wonderful place this is to come ( and be a part of ) and see one is not alone with all the fibro issues and conditions fibro causes.

It's such a useful site where info about fibro is out there for us to see and try. I owe my mental well being to this site as I had just about given up dealing with all the fibro issues alone just about 4 years ago now. The wonderful people and kind helpful words here lifted me up and helped me get through a terrible winter of mental depression and pain. For that there are just not enough words to say Thank You all!

And I too am guilty of not posting each day as I should
Honestly some days I am just to weary to post, others don't feel much like ' talking ' and on others when I do try to post the ' black hole ' takes my post away.

And I too miss Caprice I am sorry that the powers that ' are ' took her away. I liked having Dr P but if they were to give me a choice between the doc and Caprice she'd win hands down on being back with us.

Gentle hugs to all.. Linda R

Helpful Tips

Living Well with Fibromyalgia
Greetings! I have learned patience and a positive attitude is key to my pain management. I developed Fibromyalgia after a hysterectomy in ... More
Was this Helpful?
179 of 196 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.