Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Happy 4th of July *****7/4/2013*****
dollbug posted:
Happy 4th of July FMily...MiMi in NC and it is still very damp...and showers are expected again today, actually they are expected through Tuesday, I think. Some places have been flooded in NC...too much rain to deal with. I think they said we have way over the *normal level* of rain for this time of year. 100s of places have been condemned in some towns with so much flooding. People who have to now find somewhere else to live and figure out just how they will now manage. So I guess it could be worse so we just have to deal with it since there is nothing else we can do. Lots of outside activities which are normally held outside had to be moved or canceled. I am hoping that the parade will still be held but it is cloudy and sometimes the rains does not give a heads up. I guess we will see. Don't know about the fireworks either.

Here is hoping each of you have a good night's rest and I hope today will be a good day for all of us as well, with little to no pain.

I have top hats for the grandbabies and t shirts for them to wear. I had hoped to take a picture of all 3 of them last week-end when my GD was here but one of my GS was sick so that did not happen. Perhaps I will be able to do this at a later date. The GS had found the hats and wanted to take them home once they saw them. Funny just how children are.

Welcome to the new members who have joined our FM support group recently. I am sure that each of you will soon find something that will help you cope better. It does take a trial and error process before you figure out just what the *right combination of tools* will be for you...so hang in there and keep on keeping on. Be sure and check out the info here under *tips* and *resources* and review the *member toolbox* where you will find things to try. We are all different and what helps one may or may not help you. You have to be the judge of this.

Be safe today and remember to pace, pace and pace even more.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it on this Thursday, July 4th.

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

katmandulou responded:
A simple wish that you all have the best 4th of July ever. Stay safe!
Lou

fibroinsd responded:
Well...we are doing well here weatherwise..we have cooled down a bit from the really hot temps we were getting..so it is perfect weather today..

I went to the fair yesterday..it was a spur of the moment thing..It was foggy and cold at the fair ! It is right on the ocean..(Do you know the song..Where the Surf meets the Turf down in Old Del Mar....??? Well..that is where the fair is..)..anyway, it was fun..but six hours of walking wore me out..sleeptrain was selling massage chairs ...they cost between $8,500 - $12.000...but the demo was free and it was AWESOME>...man..wish I could get me one of those !

I had to go over to my mom and dad's...the caregiver is out of town the next four days..and dad had spilled the pills and was confused..they are ok..but not doing much...Dad says he does not want to go to assisted living.."but I guess we have to."...so I am so torn about what to do with them..if anything..I could just call the caregiver company and tell them to cover all hours..but is it better to be in assisted living with other seniors or at home.??? My sisters are madder than hops at me..telling me to get them into the assisted living..I am so stressed out with this... I NEED that massage chair !

cece
Let's put the fun back in dysfunctional !- Mary Englebright

fibrosarah replied to fibroinsd's response:
cece, it is hard when having to work around our elderly parents. Going into assisted living can be a good thing. But it still takes them out of what they are used to.

The elderly also do not do well with change. Myself at my age do not like change. It's a hard decision. The question comes to mind for me, will they be willing to join in and do with other seniors?

A hard decision you have on your hands, and I know how stressful it can be on you. Will send a hug your way, and prayers that you can come to a decision that is good for everyone.

rudyandirmouse responded:
Happy 4TH of July everyone. I do hope you get out of doors today and get to enjoy your day.

It's been raining here since last evening and isn't supposed to stop any time soon. Every city in middle TN has canceled the fire works shows. There are flood alert warnings everywhere today. Last night they said 3-4 inches had fallen and today I'm sure it's been way more than that. Shades of flood of May 2011. Scary.

Okay.. wishes each of you a wonderful day..
Gentle hugs, Linda R.

rudyandirmouse replied to fibroinsd's response:
Hi cece, glad it's cooled down there and the fair sounded fun. California fairs are always good, I miss going to them.

Sorry your sisters are upset with you, but your there with your parents and can tell first hand what needs to be done. But honestly you need to come to some kind of decision soon as your parents are getting more and more confused and need 24 - 7 help. Part time care giving doesn't seem to be the answer any longer. So, whether it is you by moving in or by you finding an assisted living ' home ' for them some change needs to happen.

And if it were up to me, you'd have that massage chair..
Gentle hugs, Linda R

dollbug replied to fibroinsd's response:
Hello cece....it does get to be stressful when you are stuck between a rock and a hard spot. I know that dad stayed with me for a very long time until I could no longer take care of him. When he got sick the doctor told me that he would have to have 24 hour care and that I would need to put him in a nursing home. I actually did not make the decision. Of course the doctor also said that dad needed a serious operation or he would not live long either. But he also stated that he did not think he would live through the surgery, so I elected not to sign for him to have it. (I later found the paperwork that he had signed many years before that he did not want to be put on any sort of machine-I was so happy when I found them).

Dad lived several years beyond what the doctor told me. So trust me....the doctors do not always know either.

I hope things will soon settled down though and you will decide what to do....go with what your heart tells you to do.

I googled the massage chairs and was looking at them on line....OMG....I could hardly believe just how comfortable some of them look. I saw where some of them can be picked up in Ca as well. I bet it would be really good to have one of them to use every day.

I am glad you have had good weather today....it has rained off and on all day here....and will do so until Tuesday, or so they say. Mercy me....I am sick of rain myself...it does not help my body at all.

Take care and I hope you have a good night's rest as well.

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

debrabrooks1960 responded:
Happy 4th of July to all. We were totally rained out today. We were getting 2 inches of rain every hour. Flood warnings are out. It should be interesting trying to get to work tomorrow.
I am heading to Tampa tomorrow after work to see my mom. My sister and brother are going with me. Mom had moved to an apartment now. It has a swimming pool and she is wanting to go swimming. She is not able walk very far. Only about 10 feet with the help of a walker. Between all of us we should be able to get her in and out of the pool. That is if it stops raining long enough for us to use the pool.
I probally will not be able to get back online until Sunday. So I am wishing everyone a safe and happy weekend. I hope everyone can do something that will make you smile or better yet laugh! Soft hugs to all.

Debbie Lewis
Your not over the hill until you are under the hill.

Helpful Tips

~FM TIPS - LIVING W/ FM - TOOLBOX ~WELCOME NEWCOMMERS~
Welcome to Our FMily! My name is MeMe, I'm an FM suffer of 19 years, along with autoimmune diseases & other conditions. ... More
Was this Helpful?
460 of 535 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.