Skip to content
TGIF*****7/5/2013 *****ROLL CALL *****New members too
dollbug posted:
TGIF****MiMi in NC where the sun is bright and shining today, at least for now. Thunderstorms are expected off and on again, not that we need another bit of rain. Don't know if it is ever going to dry out. It was strange weather here yesterday....sun out shining one minute and next minute it was raining. We skipped going to the parade because of this....there were fireworks but I elected not to go. One of my furbabies was upset about all of the noises which happened yesterday. He would not go to bed last night until around 1 am. I actually gave him some medicine but it did NOT help him at all. At one time I opened the refrigerator door and he hopped in and did NOT want to move. I could not believe this and when I tried to move him he acted like he wanted to bite me. All week between the rain there have been workers across the street trying to replace the roof and I guess the noise has bothered the dog since he is not use to hearing it.

I thought for sure that my eyes would calm down especially with all of the rain we have had....that has not happened either. I hate having issues that nothing seems to help, no matter what you try.
It is not good for the mind or the body.

Here is hoping each of you had a good night's rest and I hope today will be a good day for all of us with little to no pain. I have a couple of errands that I need to get done. I hope I will be able to do them. Not having enough energy is not a fun thing at all to deal with.

Welcome to the new members who have joined our FM support group. I am sure that each of you will soon find something that will help you cope better. Hang in here, learn all you can about what others have found that has helped them and you will soon find what works for you as well. It does take a trial and error process. One of the best things that I have found that truly helps is to pace, pace and pace even more. This is NOT an easy thing to do but it is surely worth the effort to learn how.

Vitamin D and Vitamin Bs are important....speak to your doctor about getting these checked. I am so very thankful for the P5P that has eased my lower back pain....and this was just a fluke that I decided to try and it worked....thanks to my DD who heard a doctor on tv talking about Morton's Toe....I would have never figured this out and I had already been to several doctors who could NOT figure out what was causing my lower back pain.

Who would have thought that the toes might be connected somehow to other places of pain? It is indeed quite strange how we figure things out at times.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Have a great day. I hope you can enjoy some nice weather.

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

katmandulou responded:
Hi Everyone - I hope you had a great Independence Day!

Hot, humid and hot here in southeastern Mass today. And I mean hot! It's 10:30 and 90?, feels like 97? according to the Weather Channel! God bless the guy who made the first air conditioner.

Today is my parents 55th wedding anniversary. I called Dad, and he said, "well someone remembered." I'm sure my sibs are working and will call later. I'll probably head out in the heat to see Mom in the nursing home, then visit with Dad.

Work still keeps me from you, FMily. I've had all kinds of symptoms, my big joints hurt like crazy and I can't sleep. I'd rather think it's the weather more than the work, 'cuz I'm not giving it up! I'm spending time indoors, reading and knitting.

Sorry, MiMi, but your furbaby opening the 'fridge gave me a laugh. I'm glad mine hasn't figured out how to do that. Many years ago, we had a beautiful black cat and she loved wrapping herself around my ankles while I was making dinner. One day, I was in and out of the 'fridge, she was being a pain and I yelled at her. After a few minutes I realized she wasn't around; I couldn't find her in our very small condo. I finally found her in the fridge, on the bottom shelf, giving me that "how dare you!" look. LOL

Stay out of the heat and the sun. I wish you all the best day - and the best weekend - you can possibly have,
Lou

rudyandirmouse responded:
TGIF everyone. I hope that today is going well for you and that you have few to any fibro issues or pain to deal with.

It's over cast here and cool. More rain today, like the last two days of it isn't enough. We're inches and inches ahead of what is normal rain fall here. We're much cooler than where we should be and no end to this cool, rainy weather in sight.

I hope everyone had a nice 4TH of July. DH had to work and when he came home, it had been raining all day, it was raining still, so he said he just wanted to stay in. Our city canceled the fire work show and we had gone to the movies the night before so we just stayed in and watched movies on TV. BORING thanks to the weather.

MiMi, so sorry that your eyes are still hurting you. I do so hope that you are able to find the right med or OTC eye drops to help.

Nothing to post about today. Slow news day as it were. So will make this a very short post and end it here.

Extending well wishes to all and I do hope this is a very good day for each of you.
Gentle hugs, Linda R

fibroinsd responded:
morning.

just got back from a physical therapy appointment on my neck..I don't know if it will cure it..but man, it felt great..warm moist heat and some massage..awesome.

went to mom and dad's last night..had a quick swim and some dinner..then came home...it was nice...at 9 pm heard the start of the fireworks around town..so I went out and walked a couple of blocks and could see four sets of fireworks off in the distance..DH didn't get out of bed..he watched the fireworks in D.C. on T.V...then we watched the Macy's ones in New York..The ones downtown looked good this year..but I am not up to fighting the crowds..

Last year in our town, there was a problem and all the fireworks went off within 30 seconds, so this year the fireworks company gave the town a free show..so I guess it was a good one to make up for last year. Thank goodness no one got hurt here last year, like the ones in Northern California...(I think that is where it was..)

Hope you all have a restful day today.

cece
Let's put the fun back in dysfunctional !- Mary Englebright

missist replied to fibroinsd's response:
Hi All! We are raining.. we've been raining every day for about 2 weeks I'm guessing and we have it projected for the next 9 days on weather.com which is amazing.

We enjoyed our 4th anyhow. Our adult kids came and we've had our grandkids for a couple days. We did fireworks in between down pours. Worked out just fine.

My little dog did not like the fireworks noise nor did the little grand kids so we went in the house. I put the 1 y/o to bed and the 2 y/o and I watched the show from the sunroom where it was not as noisy as down on the porch with the family.
She liked the pretty lights much better when they didn't also go BANG! very loud.

As for fibro-- just been busy a lot lately and my hands are sore, but otherwise I'm ok-- pretty stiff when I wake up. Pacing away.

Hope all are well!
Mary

mnjeepguy responded:
Hello everyone. I hope you all had a good 4th. The weather here was nice yesterday. There was no wind, and it was about 85 inland and 80 by the lake. The big pond always keeps us cool.

Today the boys and I went fishing with grandpa. We look forward to it whenever they come up from Texas. We borrowed a boat and could not get the thing to run so we had to fish from shore, but we all caught fish. We still had a good time.

I am doing alright. My body is not too bad. The wrist is still sore but I have 9 more days to heal before I go back to work. My back is not good but it hasn't gone out, the break will help a lot.

If I don't make it on here for a bit, don't worry, just busy with company. I will pop in when I can. Take care everyone.

Cory

Helpful Tips

Living Well with Fibromyalgia
Greetings! I have learned patience and a positive attitude is key to my pain management. I developed Fibromyalgia after a hysterectomy in ... More
Was this Helpful?
191 of 208 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.