Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Saturday *****7/6/2013*****
dollbug posted:
Morning FMily....MiMi in NC where it is still very damp with more thunderstorms expected until next week...(Wednesday, I think they said) I can NOT believe just how much rain some areas have gotten so far. There has been flooding in some places with a lot of damage along the way. So much going on around the country.

I do hope each of you had a good week and I hope today will be a good day for us all, with little to no pain. I hope there is sunshine in your corner of the world as well.

Welcome to the new members who have joined our FM support group. I am sure that each of you will soon find something that will help you cope better. You should remember that we are all different and what helps one person may or may not work for you. So hang in here and keep trying different *tools* to find the just right combination. Eating right and drinking a lot of water and learning how to pace, pace and pace even more is important to me. I have to keep a schedule of sorts in order to keep my pain level down. (the rain has not helped me recently at all-which is not a good thing and I have no control on what the weather does).

A heating pad is good though even when it is so hot. Stopain Spray also helps....I like to use this right after I get out of the shower...it seems to soak in and work better for me. Taking a hot shower at night using lavender bath salts is another good tool that I use....especially when I am not feeling good anyway.

Taking vitamins and supplements has been a very good thing for me.

Vitamin D and Vitamin B....so important to a lot of people these days. Speak to your doctor about getting your levels checked. Low Vitamin D can cause additional pain for some people and it can also affect other illnesses as well. I also know that being able to process Vitamin B 6 is also important for me. I had no idea just how much this could affect my lower back pain. Since I have tried the P5P my back pain has improved 100%....as long as I remember to take it. (my back reminds me though if I forgot).

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Have a good day and remember to pace, pace and pace even more. Feel free to send some sunshine my way if you have any to spare.

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

booch007 responded:
Good morning Mimi and fmily,

Surprised no one commented on the insurance help I shared? Thought more needed help. Such a great program.
Maybe quietly it is being used.

OK, H-H-H here! Rain is a threat eachday and we are at a record high for rain. The grass is so high, poor DH after working all day had to cut it last night....he was soaked when he got back in.
Our relatives from Austrailia are here and it is so much fun (as always, as they speak English) but it is British English with a twist* and I can't understand the 6 year old to save my life...
I brough him to ToysR US and thought he would go crazy....but he just wanted a soccer ball and I got him those huge styrofoam planes (gliders) Well he (among other words I don't know...) was asking about the plane...the plane..

Too funny. There were 60 people at my SIL's so much activity and the heat outside was a killer....thank God for the air conditioning. All went well. Tonight is my turn, I already hurt bad from straightening my own home. I guess this is good, it got me to finally MOVE the crap from the closet job that was still in the living room....(such a shame...I just have no extra energy)

So tonight we go to a Trattoria (Italian restaurant family run) and I rented the back room for the crowd. Good menu and wine so we should have a good time...plus my GD's will be there.

A long week awaits me this week I am back with patients on Monday and get my shots in the middle of it...not a good move.
I will add a savella as my extra tool for the day and motrin after shots as the game plan to be successful.

It is amazing in thinking how much I have changed since joining this group, the planning to each day and forthought that is needed to etch out a memory or a moment or just survive the workforce. I see so much is in my head and my perspective on the issue. If I start to get out of sort or don't really like what is happening....my dang body follows right with that and it is so much harder to move forward.

We have so much power to tap into. I always want distraction on my plate....not confusion, but it is a big tool for me.
OK, I hope you all are having a good summer and staying cool and have things to occupy your time.
Mom's saying was, idle hands are the devils workshop. Right? Or was it idle minds are the devils workshop*..Hmm such a poor memory at times..

Have a great weekend....a low pain day for today is on order for you..........Nancy B

dollbug replied to booch007's response:
Hello Nana B.....don't let it worry you about no comments....as it seems lately that the board is really very slow....have not even heard from some of the *regulars who normally post*....I am hoping that this means things are going well with them and they are out and about or just busy with other things.

It has been raining in NC off and on now for 13 days straight (I think this is what they reported today)....and chances of more has been predicted for the next 5-6 days....OMG...I can not even believe how much damp cloudy weather we have had recently....which is not a good thing for the mind or the body, at least for me. I still do not quite understand the connection but I know it is something and something that my body could do without.

I think I have posted this several times and I have not seem you put your 2 cents in about it. Do you know anything about P5P? I found out that taking this Vitamin B 6 form has helped *wonders* with my back pain....(thanks to my DD who heard a local doctor speaking about it)....I am still trying to find something that will help the chronic fatigue....but so far have not lucked up with it yet.

I was watching a doctor this morning talking about Vitamin D and just how important it is to a lot of other illnesses and to our other major organs as well. He was promoting his Vitamin D spray and indicated that 90% of people being tested do not get enough of it. I have to also wonder about this as well....he said that a lot of people do not *process Vitamin D as they should too*....so this makes me wonder since the P5P is Vitamin B 6 which is processed in a form that our body can use. I was quite shocked when I read up on Morton's Toe and just how our feet can affect our bodies. Who would have thunk this? LOL. Not me, that's for sure.

I also wanted to comment to you about how worried I am about my future grandbaby....it has been detected that the baby is having kidney issues. They are keeping watch on this but I continue to worry about all of this and how much it might affect the baby.

Here is hoping things get better for you this week-end. Sounds like you are going to be quite busy though. Have fun and remember to pace, pace and pace even more.

Take care.

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

rudyandirmouse responded:
A good Saturday to all. I do so hope that your all doing well today and that you'll be enjoying the weekend with family and friends.

It's cool and raining here too MiMi. Will be for the next few days as well. Last year this time we were in the 100's. This year we can't crack the 80's And we are way over rain totals for the year now, from this time and are under flood watches. The creeks and rivers are over the banks and some homes on those banks are getting water into their yards. I live up on a hill so I have no flooding issues persa. But if the roads beneath me flood I'm stranded and can't drive out. I can walk back thru my neighbor's yard to get to the main road, but the car can't go with me. I wish it would stop raining long enough for us to dry out. Not asking too much.

DH and I went to the movies and had dinner out last night, Saw
Me 2. And we were dogging rain the whole time. UGH. It's sure a cute/ feel good movie and worth the price of admission. I liked it better than The Lone Ranger from the day before. It was nice to get out with DH. A date night of sorts and then a very nice meal afterwards. Yup, nice.

Tonight DH has a dinner to attend over at the church. He has to be in full 4TH degree Knights of Columbus attire ( Tux, hat, etc.) While I'm spending the night with my BFF at the same event at the church but back in the kitchen putting the dinner together. Always so funny to see him out there with drink in hand talking to everyone and having himself a good old time while I'm back in the kitchen with the pots and pans. But this is the last one BFF says she'll be doing. Oh please. I'd like that in stone before I believe it. LOL

MiMi, sorry about the rain coming from my state into yours. I would, if I could, stop it from going east. I'm tired of days of rain myself. And I am keeping your soon to arrive little one in my prayers and light a candle for your GB each time I go into church.

Nan, your Australian family sound amazing and fun. So glad you get back to seeing patients next week and that your shot is going to kick in at the same time.

Okay, beside the rain not a lot to post about so will close this here with best wishes to all for a good weekend. I hope the sun is shining where you are and that you have no fibro issues or pain to deal with.

Gentle hugs, Linda R.

fibroinsd responded:
Dad called this morning...again having had a "twitch" and spilled the pills..so off I went to their house...took some magazines..

got the pill stuff sorted out..and then put a warm damp wrap around dad's neck..like my physical therapist did with me last week..and he thought that was great..why his physical therapist never does that I don't know..

Then mom and I sat outside and read magazines..very nice..

then off to lunch..mom actually ate her whole lunch..then home..so sad to learn of the plane crash..but I put on a movie for them..seemed ironic to put on the movie.."Those magnificent men in their flying machines.."...but it is a good movie..

came home..and went to exercise..now home watching the tour de france bike race..so interesting...

time to get a few things done around here..not much though..looking forward to church tomorrow.

cece
Let's put the fun back in dysfunctional !- Mary Englebright

Wolfsong452 responded:
MiMi,

I've been having trouble with taking Vitamin B, yuck,

how do you do it?

next time I'm at the drug store or health food store I'm looking for a liquid version.

gotta work on that bad word WATER!

would love to try lavender bath salts, but my tub just isn't comfortable!

I've totally messed up my schedule the last 3 weeks, working to much.

I can tell, my skin color, and sores I'm getting from not eating correctly, not taking meds. and sleeping

so everyone listen to MiMi,

I'm a prime example of WHAT NOT TO DO!

booch007 responded:
Morning Mimi,

I write Sunday on Saturaday as I got up with DH's alarm and thought it was Monday...shot out of the bed and said "thank you I forgot to set my alarm....got to the foot of the bed and realized it is SUNDAY! Cripes what a way to start a day off!

Yes I see the board is quite slow and I too would take it that all are out and about in life and this is a good thing. Hoping they check in to the fmily though to support a newbie who shows up.. Still growing with patients we are!

As far as B6 goes, my knowledge is it is used for neurogenic repair and assit. When people are Carpal tunnel or early neuropathy the hope is to get them on B6( Pyridoxine), but it is water soluable so you urinate out any excess...probably most you take in. So this new item I don't know about.

Getting to the baby...are the kidneys small? How old is your daughter? Does the baby have an upturned nose? How do they know there is kidney issue unless it is the small I speak of.

Let me know.

I am sad for mine as they cannot have a son....unles it is invitro and genetically chosen $$$$$$, did I say $$$$$$$$$$$$$
As well as painful, all that insertion and injections to raise the hormones and manipulation...so sad. A son will have this disease as the only X it receives will be the bad one. I feel for my son. We also have no hope to carry on the name.

Well we will see what God provides...miracles can happen.

I am hoping they have more then 1 child. But whatever they will is what I have.

Got screwed yesterday......I cleaned the house top to bottom and really pushed so the Aussies could pass through, and in the end they didn't come as it was late before my dinner at the restaurant and the daughters feet were so swollen from the humidity and salt load of the food people are choosing for them. . .

Today I rest a bit. BIG day tomorrow I am nursing a full schedule and I have shots....I KNOW I will hurt tomorrow. Then things will be better in the office and I can start thinking of ME again. Walking before work...eating right and dancing on the trampoline to get someof this weight off. YIKES I am huge again. It doesn't help to have energy or muscle peace when youare this heavy. I am probably on overload just to fight gravity!! Feet are barking all the time too. Got to work on this.

OK, a day to start and not a moment too soon.........

Hugs from me, Nancy B

Helpful Tips

For All our new members
Welcome all new members, I want you to understand how important it is to be o.k. with coming here to lift your spirits and release ... More
Was this Helpful?
363 of 390 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.