Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Monday, Monday *****7/8/2013 *****
dollbug posted:
Morning FMily....MiMi in NC....where it is muggy and hot again, with more rain expected....good grief....what on earth has caused so much rain these days? I can not believe that it is supposed to rain the rest of the week, off and on. There are places in NC where the roads are washing away and people's houses are being flooded. So much going on around the country as well.

Here is hoping everyone had a good night's rest and I hope today will at least be with little to no pain for us all. I at least hope for this. I think we all know though that the weather does affect just how some of us feel. I know it does for me.

I had a rather quiet Sunday since my younger son and his family were camping this week-end. My grandson who is 3 1/2 rode on a jet ski....they sent my DD a picture of him. He was riding it with an older relative. He was really smiling and happy in the picture. He loves the water.

Well, with all of the water, I thought for sure that my eye problems would go away....not so though. I can not even believe just how bad they have been this year. They are reporting though that there are lots of problems with allergies....so I guess I am not by myself on this.

Welcome to the new members who have joined our FM support group recently. I am sure that soon each of you will find something that will help you cope better....there are no quick fixes that I am aware of....so it does take time and effort to figure out what may or may not work for you. We, FMers, must keep on keeping on....until we find the *right combination of tools*....since it normally takes more than one.

Vitamin D and Vitamin Bs....speak to your doctor about these. I have found that they do make a BIG difference for me. I no longer have to suffer from lower back pain since I started taking the P5P....which is a process form of Vitamin B 6 that the body can use without having to process it. So I am assuming that I am one of the people who can not process the Vitamin B 6 in a form that my body needs.

Low Vitamin D can cause additional pain and it can also affect other illnesses as well, according to the medical research.

Have a good day and remember to pace, pace and pace even more....This is a way of life for us FMers....which does help in more than one way.

Good to see Sharon (angelswife) post....I hope things get better for you soon.

MiMi

IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

rudyandirmouse responded:
Good Monday Y'all. I do hope you all had a nice weekend and that the sun was shining brightly where you were.

It's not raining here right now. The sun comes in and out.. so yippee on that! Our rain totals are way up now. Some areas got 8 inches over the past week. Ours about 5'. We're soaked to the core and have rain chances all week. But their low rain chances, pop up rain storms, over my back yard so not feeling to down about it. Yea that!

DH and I ran errands yesterday while the weather was good to be out. DH did some grilling and we sat out on the porch for a bit and enjoyed the cool evening breezes. Sadly we still haven't gotten our hummingbirds back. Some strays show up, feed and then move on. But our yard ones, nope. Feeling pretty sad about not having them and don't have a clue as to why they haven't come yet. No one in our area has gotten them back. I do hope they come soon as they leave the first week of October so the later they come the less time we have with them.

Okay nothing much to post about today. No news at all to post about. So I guess I will close my post here wishing each of you a fibro issues and pain free day.
Gentle hugs, Linda R

missist responded:
Good Morning-- Mimi & All Fmily!

Well last night I said goodbye to Hubby who went back to work for the nxt 2 weeks. Also said goodbye to my youngest son who is leaving today and plans to make his home up in Wisconsin. (we came from there originally) He is going to stay with a friend and try to find a welding job there, if he can't find one he will come back here where there 3 jobs waiting for him.

I have some strong mixed feelings on this. I want him to live his own life of course, but our oldest boys settled in WA state, which is even further, and I just hate having this one go.
He is the one who seemed to enjoy the most being around family. He's a great uncle to his sister's kids and a great son to us. All our sons are great sons, but this one does seem to enjoy being around us, so sort of had hoped he would stay here. Perhaps he will come back.

We had to move many times after a job loss about 10 yrs ago now. Our kids were all teens or early 20's when our difficulties began and so with all our moves we'd leave a grown kid here and a grown kid there.. and some would come back, then go again. So our family turned into scrambled eggs more or less.

Finally, Hubby & I found a place we really love in SC--unfortunately this is not a place the kids really love too. I wish it was, but at their ages it is probably harder to deal with a different culture than they grew up with and they don't see all we see in nature yet.

I hope my youngest-- my daughter--won't leave us too with her family--I'd miss the grands so much, I already have 2 in WA and never see them enough.

But anyhow--that's worrying over milk that's still in the cup.

Well I'm sad to see my son go, but I am also happy that he is making his own mind up for himself--and if he reconsiders--that's fine too. It is his life to live, not mine.

Its quiet here today. I looked out and saw the baby geese I've been watching have all grown up now.

We had a lot more rain again last night. my neighbors dock is totally under water, ours is partially a floating dock-- hubby made it so that it should never be underwater. Our lake level rises and falls a lot but never goes all the way down and this is the highest I've seen so far. There is a dam further down from us and it is controlled to maintain the water level and produce electric power.

Saw some gorgeous pure white cranes over the weekend hope to see them again.

Been getting my house back in order--paper work first-- a lot to catch up on after having family here so much for a week or so.

Hope you all are doing well today!
Mary

katmandulou responded:
Hi Everyone!

Still hot and humid in southeastern New England, and it will stay that way all week. They keep predicting showers and t-storms, which come thru very quickly with no relief. I've had all I can take! Is anyone else aching all over? I'm blaming the weather for sure!

Yesterday my brother found Dad half-dressed on the floor of his bedroom. Dad said he fell yesterday morning, and spent all day stuck. One ambulance ride and many x-rays later, they're keeping him for observation for 2-3 days. I'm sure he was dehydrated, but he knew his name, address and birthdate for the EMTs.

Work is staying steady, 2-3 days a week, and that's good for me. I like a little free time during the week for my extras and my non-profit work. My downtown org has a BIG Block Party coming in two weeks, and I'm in charge of the media (news releases , on-line media, etc). We're getting good press, and I hope it will continue to be successful!

Got a lot to do today, bringing the dog to the vet, so happy thoughts for a successful day. I wish you all the best day you can possibly have,
Lou

mnjeepguy responded:
Good evening everyone. It has been cool and damp here for 2 days. I can most definitely tell. I was miserable yesterday. We have had a few inches of rain but nothing like some have of you dealt with.

We went fishing on Friday, Saturday, and today. We had good luck with pan fish, we caught enough to have a nice meal tonight. The DW made onion rings to go with it.

It has been a nice relaxing vacation. I don't have to go back to work until Monday. I will be on here more after company leaves in a few days. Take care everyone.

Cory

Helpful Tips

~FM TIPS - LIVING W/ FM - TOOLBOX ~WELCOME NEWCOMMERS~
Welcome to Our FMily! My name is MeMe, I'm an FM suffer of 19 years, along with autoimmune diseases & other conditions. ... More
Was this Helpful?
463 of 538 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.