Skip to content
Tuesday-July 9, 2013 *****
dollbug posted:
Morning FMily....MiMi in NC....where it is cloudy and predictions of showers again....this seems to be the *normal* for this area....has been now for many days....I have to wonder exactly how and where all of this rain comes from. They did say the temps have been lower than normal for this time of year, perhaps it is due to so much rain. I am thankful it is not been any hotter than it has. I did a bit of outside work yesterday, just trying to get some weeds up and overdid myself. It did not take long before I crossed the line and I should have known better. Bending over is not a good thing for me to do a lot of. There are days when I despise the wrath of the dragon.

I do hope each of you had a good night's rest and I hope today will be a good day for us all with little to no pain.

My GS got back from camping and he found the little desserts that I made on Sunday and ate his. My son said he came in and helped himself to his and ate it all up. It was just a very small (muffin size) dessert of a new recipe that my older son have found on he internet. They did not last long so I swooped up 3 for them so they could try them as well. I think they were a hit.

Welcome to the new members who have joined our FM support group. I am sure that each of you will soon find something that will help you cope better. Please check out the info under *tips* and *resources* and be sure to review the *member toolbox* where you will find some good tools that will perhaps help you cope better.

Vitamin D and Vitamin Bs.....speak to your doctor about getting your numbers on them....low Vitamin D can cause additional pain for some people (it sure did for me) and it can also affect other illnesses as well, according to the medical research. Do your own research on these 2 vitamins and supplements to see just how important they can be for our bodies.

Have a good day and remember to pace, pace and pace even more. (this is a must for me and I still get caught up in the battle of the wrath of the dragon) Learn how to dance with the dragon, instead of draggin the dragon, as Nana B says.

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

missist responded:
Good Morning Mimi & All Fmily to follow..

I almost think maybe it didn't rain yesterday? maybe just in the night. I don't know--so used to rain now. Its sunny just now--but there are huge clouds about to get here again. I do think it is cooler than usual. I'm sure its usually 90s in July as far back as I've lived in the Carolinas.. this rain seems to have kept it to the 80s. Which is really nice. I love 80s. Don't love quite so much rain though. This is getting a bit silly and like Mimi I'm thinking--where is this water coming from?

My plants all seem very happy however--and I have not finished my spring garden work--but such is life.

I have been struggling with my legs lately--and I think this is one for that neurologist when I go end of the month. I don't know what is wrong if it is from my neck or lumbar or just my butt & legs themselves? It started about a year ago--but I think is worse now. I find it hard to get our of chairs and often hard to walk--my legs just feel weak and sometimes 'disconnected' if that makes sense. Once I'm moving around I can walk OK--but at first I'm just having a lack of power. Really difficult to go up and even down stairs.

So I'm wondering If I need a cane soon. Frustrating. I know my mom ended up using a cane and a wheel chair, but I'm quite a lot younger than she was when she had her problems.

I tend to 'beat myself up' over things--like if I lost weight, I'd be better , or exercised more (which I think may be what caused this) So my strong side has to talk to my weak side and say--"hey! stop beating yourself up, if you don't be nice to you, who will?" stuff like that.

Had a rough end of day yesterday, after feeling good that I got some things done and lined up right-- then being nearly unable to walk-- that was sad.

So today I have a fairly good sized 'to do' list again--and am feeling like I have to downsize my plans for the week... again.

ugh. I'm sure everyone is familiar with this sort of thing.

God bless you!

Well my son has not left yet to move away--he is leaving soon this morning. I told him to let me know when he is there safe. I know he needs to drive though the mountains and Chicago too--which I hate traffic there. He's going alone so l'm a mom--I worry. He's an excellent driver and a grown man--so I know he will probably be fine. I will sure miss him.

well.. off I go to start my day. Hope you are all well today--or at least fairly well.

Mary

rudyandirmouse responded:
Good Tuesday everyone. Just stopped by to say Hi to everyone and wish everyone a good day.

No news here. Rain chances again. Going to be warm and may be muggy too. Have lunch plans with BFF around one thirty and will be happy to be out and about if it isn't raining. UGH. If it is, so what new??

Okay, my best to all. Wishing you each a fibro issue and pain free day. Gentle hugs, Linda R.

mnjeepguy responded:
Good morning here from the chilly North Shore. I woke to 51 degrees. Here it is July 9th and I had to run the heat to get the chill out of my bones. Cold and damp is the thing that seems to make me feel the worst. Every part of my body is bothering me today so I will take it easy. The low 80's are supposed to arrive tomorrow, we will see.

The spirit is good, I just need things to distract me. The problem I have is that I can't focus well enough to read a book or just watch a movie. I find my self on the computer until I get bored. Does anyone else have that issue? I plan to build a shop at some point to keep me busy, but the money hasn't been there for that yet.

I noticed that when I took Effexor I could focus very well. It made me too tired though and caused other issues. It hard to know how to treat things. Some work, some don't and everything seems to have side effects.

Mimi, I hope it dries out for you before you float away.

Mary, I hope you find out what's going on with your legs. It sounds like nerve troubles.

Linda, enjoy your lunch date!

Have a great day everyone.

Cory

dollbug replied to mnjeepguy's response:
Hello Cory....sorry that you are not feeling better....51*...REALLY???

I, too, have issue with trying to focus on things....between this and eye allergies....well....I do not do good either.

I was just talking to my daughter about the *on-going issues* that she has had....and I told her that I think it is sad that this mess has taken over my life....I go to bed worrying about it, wake up at night thinking about it and then when I finally get up in the morning I am still worried about it. This is not good for the mind or the body. And yes...I do know just how much stress can affect us FMers. So with this being said....does anyone have any ideas on just how NOT to think about something which is worrying you? I am open to any and all ideas and they would be appreciated a lot.

I hope things get better for you Cory. Take care.

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

fibroinsd responded:
afternoon all..

feeling a little down and out today...nothing particular..think I had a few min. to relax and it all is getting to me..

I went up yesterday to the college to check on some things about taking some classes to add special ed to my credential..I took my DH along for the ride..he had never been on the campus, so we had a nice walk around...It isn't a very big campus..so didn't take too long..Still not sure how I am going to do all this..

The weather here is nice...so I won't complain..and I won't go on and on about it..so sad to see so many places either too hot or too rainy..

Cory..I am feeling so unfocused..I know I have a pile of stuff to do..and not getting to it. I remember when we here had a "thing" going..where we would get the timer out...the first five min. you write a list of things to do..then take a five min. break..Then a ..let's see...was it twenty min. work time..checking off stuff off the list..then a twenty min. break?? I can't remember the time things..It worked pretty well..but it is hard to be consistent about it..and you had to set the timer..and then we would come back and talk about what we had done...I can't remember exactly how it worked..but I have to get back to that..and I also need to go to the store..hmm..doubt I will get everything done.

I have really been having some issues with my neck..so achy..I went last week to physical therapy.and that was great..but it is back today...I go back to physical therapy tomorrow..hope it helps..

cece
Let's put the fun back in dysfunctional !- Mary Englebright

Helpful Tips

~FM TIPS - LIVING W/ FM - TOOLBOX ~WELCOME NEWCOMMERS~
Welcome to Our FMily! My name is MeMe, I'm an FM suffer of 19 years, along with autoimmune diseases & other conditions. ... More
Was this Helpful?
471 of 546 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.