Skip to content
Hump Day *****7/10/2013*****
dollbug posted:
Morning FMily.....MiMi in NC and the sun is shining bright today.....someone turned the lights on HIGH. When I got up this morning the computer was down.....could not get any kind of connection. I turned it completely off and on several times and finally called in.....kept monkeying with it and finally it got connected.....I have no idea what the problem was but perhaps it just fixed itself. Computers are wonderful tools, when they work correctly and when they don't, well, they are a pain and a BIG one at that. Funny just how we now depend upon them now.

I still wonder, at times, just how we managed when we did not have them. Too funny. All of this modern day technology available to us now and when something happens.....we can hardly wait until it is fixed again.

Here is hoping each of you had a good night's rest. I had a rough day yesterday....again. I did sleep good last night and I do feel better today. It seems to always be something to deal with...one thing or yet another.

I was watching a news piece on the TV this morning and it sure opens up a lot of questions.

Migraine relief and headache relief by Equate and sold at Walmart.....the same identical medicine, with one priced so much higher than the other. OMG....it seems that there is all sorts of people getting *duped* by someone. They are saying people should indeed *read the labels*.

I have to wonder about other things as well. Do we really know what we are consuming in our bodies and what it may or may not do to us???? This goes for any kind of food. The only way we can be for sure is that we have our own gardens and grow the food ourselves. Otherwise, we truly have no idea. No wonder there are so many people with so many problems these days.

It is odd to think about such....but it is indeed so important. OK....enough on my soapbox today.

Welcome to the new members who have joined our FM support group. I am sure that each of you will soon find something that will help you cope better. It does take time to find the right combination of *tools* that will allow you to feel better. So hang in there and do your *trial and error process*.....to find what works for you.

Be sure and check out the info here under *tips* and *resources*....and also review the *member toolbox*....where you will find some good things to try.

Vitamin D and Vitamin Bs.....so important for a lot of people....(I know it was indeed important to me).

That's my story and I'm sticking to it on this hump day.

Have a good day and remember to pace, pace and pace even more.

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

mnjeepguy responded:
Good morning MImi, I already feel a little better already. I woke to 63 degrees and lower humidity. The sun is out and the fog is gone. I think it is going to be a nice day.

My ex-sister in-law and her husband are moving today. They asked me to help, as only one person offered. I would like to be there for them but I know it isn't the best idea. I haven't decided what to do yet. They are great people.

I have the fishing bug now and my youngest just loves it. I am on the hunt for a small boat. My neighbor has one that has sat for years, but he is a bit of a hoarder and I don't think he will let it go. I will keep looking. It will take me a while to afford it anyhow.

Here is hoping that you all have a wonderful day free of pain. Take care everyone.

Cory

slovene54 responded:
Hi MiMi!! Happy hump day!! Woke up in one of my fibro stupors where I fall asleep walking in so exhausted. Fall asleep at stop lights and my eyes will close on their own!! It's taking everything in me to make my muscles go. Only 5 more hours and I'm off work!! Yay!!

fibroinsd responded:
Morning...oops..afternoon all..

I had my physical therapy appointment today..Man..that guy is good...wish I had married a physical therapist !!! Anyway, he worked on my neck a bit..and it feels so much better..just hope I can get it to stay that way..There are still some knots to be worked out..

I have to go talk to my folks today about the assisted living again..wish I didn't have to do this..

Cory..hope you can find a way to be helpful, without doing the actual moving yourself..you need to think of you and your family first and if you get exhausted/ hurt moving them, that wouldn't be good for your family...I vote on the fishing idea..maybe you could catch some fish and cook it for them to eat when they are exhausted...Do you know anyone you could call to help them?? Wish I had a better idea..

cece
Let's put the fun back in dysfunctional !- Mary Englebright

missist replied to fibroinsd's response:
Hi Mimi and every one..
we are still being swamped with rain here. I cannot believe the amount of water this spring/summer--it is crazy.

Anyhow I'm feeling pretty good. I think my brain fog flare has cleared a bit. Which is fantastic!

the rest of me is 'meh' could be worse.

I'm keeping pretty busy at home and on errands, which is nice. My pace is a little better today than usual. I love when a fog lifts for a while-- or a flare up.

Looking out at my herb garden on the deck near my window here and everything is very happy and getting huge. I do need to do some harvesting and fertilizing I think. Gonna wait til we get a non-rainy day-- there must be one coming soon.

Funny when your brain feels clear the pain here and there is not as annoying. Wish it would always be the case.

Hope everyone has a good day, and stay dry.
Mary

mnjeepguy replied to fibroinsd's response:
I contacted them and they haven't closed yet, so no move yet. They understand. I will probably help by bringing my truck and lifting smaller things. Thanks;)

Cory

Helpful Tips

~FM TIPS - LIVING W/ FM - TOOLBOX ~WELCOME NEWCOMMERS~
Welcome to Our FMily! My name is MeMe, I'm an FM suffer of 19 years, along with autoimmune diseases & other conditions. ... More
Was this Helpful?
467 of 542 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.