Skip to content
fresh fruit and increased pain
crystalgreeneyes posted:
Yesterday I made myself a fresh fruit smoothie, using a banana, peach, and mixed berries with some walnuts thrown in. I have a nutribullet appliance which extracts all nutritional components from fruits and vegetables. Even skin and seeds (some seeds cannot) can be used. Water is added and I use bottled. I heard this was good for energy, skin, hair, sleeping, lowering BP and cholesterol etc. After I had it, my pain flared up so badly. I avoid sugar and sweeteners because I already know that it affects my pain. Does this mean I can have fruit sugars as well? Does anyone else have this problem?
Apart from this, I would recommend the products to others if you are ok with fruit. You should ideally mix 50/50 amounts of fruits and vegetables. Spinach alone is high in so many nutrients.

missist responded:
I was dx'd with ibs early on in my fibro history-- there are food allergies that you might have--or sensitivities perhaps.

What I have found is weirdly for me-- the flare is what decides if food will bother me. If I am flared up with fibro symptoms--including foggy brain, depression, pain etc.. I tend to have a pickier system regarding food. I can eat the same foods when I'm not flared and its just fine.

I don't know if that is common in fibro folks or not as I never had so many to talk before I visited this site.

So--anyhow-- it is possible that what you can't eat today--may be ok to eat in a week or two.
'maybe'

Mary

dollbug responded:
Hello....I am not sure that any of us even know exactly what we consume every day when we eat anything anymore. Sure the fruit is supposed to be fresh....but we do not know what has been used on it now do we? When we go out to eat we really do NOT have any idea just what is in whatever we have chosen.

I think some of this food does indeed affect the way we feel. I might eat something one time and think it is what I ate....but IF I eat it again and it does the same thing to me by causing pain....then I will NOT want to eat it again.

I am one of the FMers here though who does not have much pain to cope with....unless I overdo things that I should have not done in the first place. I do have the chronic fatigue though and this is actually worse than any pain that I have had. I can not find anything that has helped it either. Some days are better than others...and for the life of me I can not figure this out either.

I hope you figure out what is going on with you. Perhaps it was just one of the fruits or vegetables that you used.
Maybe next time leave one out and see if you can tell a difference. Eventually you just might find out which one caused your pain.

Take care.

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

Anon_10089 responded:
Hello-

I am pretty sensitive to sugar, and yes, even sugar from fruit. You could try not using the bananas and only using lower sugar fruits. I also find that I can't handle sugar in the morning but am better with it in the afternoon. Perhaps you could try your smoothies at different times of the day.

My favorite green drink is an apple, a lime, and greens. It's very refreshing. Hopefully you find a recipe that works for you!

Helpful Tips

~FM TIPS - LIVING W/ FM - TOOLBOX ~WELCOME NEWCOMMERS~
Welcome to Our FMily! My name is MeMe, I'm an FM suffer of 19 years, along with autoimmune diseases & other conditions. ... More
Was this Helpful?
473 of 548 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.