Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
TGIF****7/12/2013 ****
dollbug posted:
TGIF****well....another week is almost over. The weather has been so very strange. MiMi in NC and at least it is not raining right now....but we will probably get showers again today. We certinaly do not have any water shortage right now. I use to hear that when it rained it is GOD crying. Well....I guess GOD is really very sad and has been for some time.

I do hope each of you had a good night's rest and I hope we will all have a good Friday as well.

Welcome to the new members. This site has been slow this week again. I am hoping everyone is just too busy doing things and this is the reason no one has visited here to update others on how things are going.

Cory I do hope you enjoyed your vacation with your relatives. I hoped you also got to fish some more as well. I use to fish when I was younger. But I do not have the patience now to go fishing.

A lot going on around the country....actually around the world. I guess we are all more informed due to the modern day internet technology that we are exposed to these days. Sometimes I think perhaps we get TOO much and yet I feel like the media does not always share the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth. Perhaps the media just wants to keep everyone *guessing on things*.

For the new members I do hope you will check out the info here under *tips* and *resources* and be sure and read the *member toolbox*....you will find some good *tools* that you might want to try. Be sure also to speak to your doctor about getting your Vitamin D level checked and Vitamin Bs as well. Yesterday I went to the vitamin store and was speaking to the manager about taking vitamin Bs...I also picked up a magazine that was reading about *easily available, inexpensive vitamins may delay dementia* and they were saying just how important Vitamin Bs and folic acid are important as far as affecting Alzheimers. It also stated that in people starting at 60 years old their brain starts to shrink at about .5 percent per year, and quicker for those who are deficient in Vitamin B 12.

I hope the Vitamin B 1 helps my fatigue....I guess we will know sooner or later.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it on this Friday.

My GD was not allowed to arrive early this week. So I am hoping we will see her tonight.

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

missist responded:
Good Morning Mimi and other Fmily.

I'm taking it easy this morn. Counting back I think I've been coughing and hoarse now for about 6 weeks.. yuck.

I think it may well have been raining almost that long too. We have enough rain now I think. And I"m sure I've coughed enough too.

I think I got good sleep cuz it was morning all of a sudden--so I must have just blacked out. Usually I remember a lot of the night because I don't sleep deep.

But that's probably common to a lot of fibro folks.

I have some new ideas to work on for art projects for my shop and for my house--but I'm just too tired and can't keep my brain on track. And I think that is also a common problem for others here.

Need to drive to town for some RXs this afternoon otherwise I tihnk I'm gonna get a nap. yes, already.

This is not my normal thing-- but then what is normal?

Best to you all!
Mary

katmandulou responded:
Happy Friday Everyone!

I'm back for a quick check-in. The weather has been hot and humid here, like most of the country. They say it's will get more humid next week. woohoo?

This week ;'ve been dealing with my Dad. Sunday my brother stopped by late afternoon. The windows were open, the AC was off, the car was in the driveway and the newspaper was on the stairs. He called out, and Dad called back, "do you have your key?" Dad had fallen and had been on the floor since morning! Long story short, nothing was broken, but he was bruised all over from that and prior falls. They've kept him in the hospital for observation, given him fluids and antibiotics (for an infection), and are talking about releasing him for rehab. I got him a rehab room at the nursing home where Mom is. I'm still waiting for a call from the doc.

There's always something!

Yesterday was HDH's birthday, and I blew it. I hadn't planned on Dad's fall, and I had a schedule for stuff. I ordered his b-day gift yesterday morning. So I'm having a TBW - Total Birthday Weekend - for him, where he gets to pick what we do and where we go. Sunday we have a wedding reception for a niece who got married in 2011. I can't wait to see her and her hubby - they're expecting their first baby!

I wish you all the best day - and the best weekend - you can possible have!
Lou

rudyandirmouse responded:
Good TGIF everyone. I do hope that everyone's day is going well. I hope the sun is out and shining where you are today and that none of you are dealing with fibro issues or pain today.

MiMi, hope your eyes are feeling better now and so glad your GD is spending more time there with all of you.

Mary, do hope your cough clears up soon.

cece, sorry about all endless amount of paper work. I am assuming it's for your application for Fall classes? If not, then, for your mom and dad. Hope by now it's finished.

Cory, hope your visit with family went well and that the sun is out and warm temps are keeping you nice and warm.

angelswife, Hello Just thinking of you. Hope you are feeling better and that things there are going well.
Gentle <<< HUGS >>>

As for around here it's clear skies and sunny. Yea that! The rain storms have moved east or south east of us. Going into the high 80's today and rain chances for later today are really low. Speaking of rain and storms DH and I got caught in a really bad storm Wed night. We had gone up to Nashville to shop @ Traders Joes and Whole Foods and we dodged rain and lightening the whole time. When we got down to Franklin, TN to shop at PUBLIX's the storm was right behind us. Then straight lines winds hit the two streets around the store we were in. Winds tore down telephone poles. took off roofs and street lights and street signs. No power and traffic was a mess. OMG it was something. We got home safe but it was an adventure I'd have passed on if it had been a ride in a Disney Park.

DH and I went luggage shopping last night for newer travel luggage and got sticker shock. =-O . Carry on's were starting at 199 and going up thru 450. R U kidding me? We wanted the newer ones with 4 wheels, easier to move around than the two wheel ones we have, and to our surprise, OMG they were pricy. Name brands were over the top. One example was Jennifer Lopez's label, it was 359. Same design and size as the 199 brand, but her name on it. :-? We finally bought 2 that were 199 each but I can't for the life of me figure out why these smaller pieces of luggage with 4 wheels are so expensive. :-?

Today is my youngest GD's birthday. She is 7 today and tomorrow we are going to her birthday party. She has requested that we give her money so she can buy My Little Pony's. She collects them, so DH and I will put some cash in her BD card. Takes the fun out of finding something she'd like, but kids today want to shop themselves, even at 7.

Speaking of shopping I have to get up from here and do the marketing.. so will close this here with my best wishes to all for a wonderful day.
Gentle hugs, Linda R

debrabrooks1960 responded:
Happy Friday to all,
I made it to Tampa last weekend. My sister and brother went with me. We had a really good visit with our mom. I even got to go swimming and got a little sunburn on my shoulders. Luckily it was not bad. Next time I will be sure to pack sun screen. I was in training at work all week. We have to complete 40 hours of training for the state each year. So I am glad my is now done for the next year.
It has been raining here everyday for weeks. The pond down the street that is usually dried up is now full to the rim and ready to go over the edges. We had a terrible storm tonight. Lots of rain, lighting and thunder. My black lab is so scared. She hides behind the couch or hides in my bed. I feel bad for her. I have been looking at the thunder shirts online to see if they are worth buying. Has anyone bought one for their dog? My niece's dog will hide in the bath tub!
We are celebrating my great nephew and my sister's birthday tomorrow. We were suppose to be having a pool party. My niece bought a new pool from Walmart and has spent the last three days putting it up and filling it up with water. Now we are wondering if the rain is going to rain out the party. Looks like we may have to move it indoors.
I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend. Soft hugs to all.

Debbie Lewis
Your not over the hill until you are under the hill.

Helpful Tips

~FM TIPS - LIVING W/ FM - TOOLBOX ~WELCOME NEWCOMMERS~
Welcome to Our FMily! My name is MeMe, I'm an FM suffer of 19 years, along with autoimmune diseases & other conditions. ... More
Was this Helpful?
464 of 539 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.