Skip to content
Monday, Monday ****July 15, 2013 ****
dollbug posted:
Morning FMily....and a good morning it is today in NC....actually it is going to be a good week of weather....NO rain. We have had weeks of rain every day for so long. Perhaps this has set a record. It will take a while before we get dried out I am sure.

MiMi in NC....and I am so glad to see the sun shine for a while. They also said that the damp weather had kept the temps down as well....that we have been cooler than we normally are. So I guess we will really get hot now. It will be a trade off though....I hope I can deal with the hot better than the wet. I do know just how tired I am of the rain. I think a lot of places are like this.

I am still having issues with my eyes. I thought, for sure, that the rain would take care of what was causing my eye problems but that has not been the case. I have a library book that I have been trying to read and it is due back today....I have not finished it so I guess I will just turn it in and perhaps try to read it another time.

Here is hoping everyone had a good week-end and I hope today is a good day for us all....with little to no pain.

Welcome to the new members who have joined our FM support group. I am sure that each of you will soon find something that will help you cope better. It is a blessing to just know that you are not alone in this journey of dealing with the wrath of the dragon, aka FM.

Vitamins and supplements have become my way of coping, along with doing other things as well. I am NOT pain free....and I still have to deal with the *chronic fatigue* but I have learned how to *control my FM pain*....It took me a long time before I found what exactly would help me but with a trial and error process....I found a good match for me.

So hang in here with us and learn all you can about what others do to cope better. It does take time and effort....as there is no magic pill that works for everyone. (perhaps one day someone will indeed discover it)

Vitamin D....and Vitamin B. OK....I have promoted Vitamin D for a long time now and just recently I found the answer to my lower back pain. P5P works for me. So I guess my body is unable to process the Vitamin B 6 in the normal form. I could not even believe that this is possible but I am here to tell you that it works for me, as long as I take the P5P like I should. One a day and around the same time each day.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Have a good day and remember to pace, pace and pace even more.

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

slovene54 responded:
Good morning Mimi! Glad to hear the weather is improving. We've had weeks of 100 degree weather here. I'd gladly trade right now lol! I tolerate rain better. Looking forward to a better week than my weekend. Some of the most severe headaches I've had in a long time. I've been getting daily headaches but these were intense. Of course I wake up Monday morning feeling fine just in time for work. Love the way our bodies work!! Hope everyone has a wonderful as little pain as possible week!!!

katmandulou responded:
Happy Monday!

We're back in the soup again this week, temps will be in the 90s and the humidity will be high. A couple of weeks ago I was on the verge of calling the rheumy, then the humidity dropped. I'm hoping to be better this week. LOL, I know...

Dad is still in the hospital. calling him "agitated" they have been medicating him to the edge of sedation. We had a good conversation Friday, but he was out of it Saturday. I talked to the doc Friday night, they're supposed to be giving him minimum doses of the meds, and I'm not happy. As the oldest, I'm in charge, and i WILL get me way!

We went to my niece's wedding reception yesterday. They were married two years ago this Sept in Guam, and their son will arrive in early Nov. Both were in the Navy at the time, he is still in and stationed in the Pacific somewhere. They were glowing, and I'm so happy for them!

Making this short and sweet - gotta make sure Dad's conscious. Have the best day (or days) you can possibly have.

Til I get back,
Lou

maggiethedoglover replied to katmandulou's response:
Hi All,

Too often, caregivers take the easy way out and over-medicate patients they consider troublesome. Kat, your dad is lucky to have you in charge!

MiMi, thanks for being so faithful in welcoming newcomers and pointing them in the right direction!

We're in the middle of a few days of high humidity and high temps and, as Slovene54 said, I would prefer the rain. I hate hot weather, especially with high humidity.. Give me winter anytime (except for the icy roads and sidewalks). Actually, my favorite season is fall with the cool days replacing the drippy ones of summer.

I recently injured my rotator cuff on my right arm and, wow, that's no fun. I joined a health club for women that has a lot of upper body machines,. I also shampooed my carpets. I think one or both of those caused the problem. I went into a week long flare after 2 weeks of the club. My doctor put me on 50mg Diclofenec, which is an anti-inflammatory and it has helped already, after just a few days. I looked at her closely when we were together and realized that my doctor is getting old, not just me. It is unimaginable to think that I may have to find a new doctor. Every single doctor in her group is....well, I better keep my harsh opinion to myself here. Needless to say, I wouldn't want any of them.

Soft hugs,

maggie

Life is a shipwreck but we must not forget to sing in the lifeboats - Voltaire

Helpful Tips

~FM TIPS - LIVING W/ FM - TOOLBOX ~WELCOME NEWCOMMERS~
Welcome to Our FMily! My name is MeMe, I'm an FM suffer of 19 years, along with autoimmune diseases & other conditions. ... More
Was this Helpful?
471 of 546 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.