Skip to content

Announcements

Exciting News for WebMD Members!

We've been busy behind the scenes building new message boards for you. You'll have new and easier ways to find messages, connect with others, and share your stories.

And, this will all be available on your smartphone or other mobile device!

What Do You Need to Do?

The message board you're used to will be closing in the coming weeks. While many of your boards will be making the move to our new home, your posts will not. Want to keep a discussion going? Save posts you want to continue (this includes your member profile story), so that you can re-post them in the new message boards.

Keep an eye here and on your email inbox, we'll be back in touch soon to give you all the information you need!

Yours in health,
    WebMD Message Boards Management

Air conditioning affecting fibro
    franr posted:
    Good Morning Everyone
    Hope you are having a painfree summer.The heat and humidity do not seem to help. I was wondering if anyone else is experiencing stiffness and aches and pains from being in air conditioning too long.It is so humid here in the Boston area we have it going non stop.And I wake up stiff and in pain.What is the alternative. Hugs Fran

An_252696 responded:
    You bring up an interesting point for me today.

This morning I woke with some of the worst hip and knee pain that I've had in a while.

We had some pleasant weather last week with warm days and cool nights and I had the house open. Yesterday the weather started to heat up and I turned the AC on. It's going to be hot and humid for a good apart of this coming week.

I wonder now if the pain today is from the changing conditions outside or inside my house.

Not sure there is an alternative to having the AC on. I turned it on because I have even more sleep problems than I normally do when it's too hot and humid.

Hoping your aches and pain go away!

Helpful Tips

~FM TIPS - LIVING W/ FM - TOOLBOX ~WELCOME NEWCOMMERS~
    Welcome to Our FMily! My name is MeMe, I'm an FM suffer of 19 years, along with autoimmune diseases & other conditions. ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    489 of 564 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.