Skip to content
Tuesday *****7/16/2013 *****
dollbug posted:
Morning FMily.....MiMi in NC where it is going to be a sunny hot day....with temps up around the 90's....at least they are not 3 digits which is a good thing. It was hot yesterday but at least there was no rain.

I do hope each of you had a good night's rest and I hope today will be a good day for each of us....with little to no pain.

I am still having issues with my eyes. Still do not quite understand this but I am sure that the weather has not helped them at all.

So much going on around the country.....it is indeed quite interesting just how much info people can now obtain without even turning on their tv. The internet provides almost anything to people right at their fingertips. Modern day technology has come a very long way in such a short period of time. While it has been a hard thing for some of us to accept, it seems to be quite easy for the younger generation. I know that my grandchildren have caught on to it without any problems at all. This has been a godsend for my granddaughter who has used her computer to communicate with her dad. She is able to *talk* to him every day and it has made a world of difference in her life.

Welcome to the new members who have joined our FM support group recently. I am sure that soon each of you will find what works for you.....which will help improve you way of life. I am not saying you will be painfree but you will find ways to cope better.

My tools are mostly vitamins and supplements and using other things as well. It took me a long time to find the *right combination of tools* which worked for me but while researching on my own and doing a trial and error process I was able to find what works for me. Now if only I can find something to help my chronic fatigue.

Vitamin D and Vitamin Bs have been very important to me....P5P has been my life saver for my lower back pain. It amazes me that this worked for me. Well worth the time and effort that I took to try it.

Learning how to pace, pace and pace even more is also important....we, FMers, can no longer push ourselves to the limit, which seems to be the *normal* for a lot of us prior to meeting the wrath of the dragon, aka FM. Drinking plenty of water and watching what I eat is also a must. Keeping myself on a schedule of sorts also helps me to cope better.....getting enough sleep makes a world of difference. There are times though when I can not *control the sleep*. I do not take anything to sleep.

Lemon Balm extract*****well....I have tried this and it seems to be a good thing for me. It helps me to relax when I get stressed. I also think it has helped my stomach issues as well. This is such an easy and quick fix....adding the drops to my water. I found this at the Vitamin store. (saw this on Dr. Oz)

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Have a good Tuesday and try to keep cool.

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

missist responded:
Good Morning Mimi & Fmily.

Lemon Balm Oil.. that's so interesting. I have Lemon Balm in a pot here that I use for tea. Its a nice addition to a tea too. I like to have some kind of calming herbal tea just before bedtime.

Quite a few help you get sleepy. peppermint, hops, valerian, lemon balm, tansy (not if pregnant)

Well Hubby is coming in a few days. I worked outside some yesterday since it was finally not raining. Still have things to do out there but it will need to be quick as we will be hot today too. Looks like rain will be minimal if at all this weekend, that will be nice.

Hubby has started to look for jobs only 2 hours away rather than 3. At least that way his drive would be less, and possibly pay would be close to the same.

Just saw a big fish jump! watched the geese land a few minutes ago, the babies aren't quite as good at that yet as thier parents. Lots of splashes.

Looks very nice today. I Have a rose to transplant that never made it in the ground before all that rain, also some moonvines which I'm not sure will flower this year as they've been in a pot too long.

More mayflies have come and gone, I hope that stops soon. they make a lot of mess.

I have lots of driftwood to pick up along the rocks. I dry it and then see if any of it is suitable to use for art projects. If it is I soak it in my tub with just a little bleach--brightens it up and makes sure there's nothing alive in it.

It probably doesn't have bugs.. but something makes me want to make sure.

When you live in the south there's always bugs of some kind.

I've been looking for a part time job but haven't found anything at all near me that I am suited for, so I guess I need to step up my art production and maybe find other places to sell than just etsy.

Looks like I will have a lot of time on my hands so best I be productive.

Hope everyone is well today!
mary

katmandulou responded:
Happy Tuesday!

Still hot and humid here, and they say it'll be a few days before it lets go. SO glad I get to mostly stay inside right now!

Dad was mostly conscious yesterday. By the timeI left we were having a conversation. His doc wants to discharge him to rehab tomorrow, but we have to get him eating! That stubborn Irishman won't even eat the burger he asked for. "I'm not hungry. I'll have it later." AAARGH! He's not going to the place where Mom is, he made that crystal clear. We'll be moving her for sure!

Work has kept me busy, but I'm happy to be in a lull so I can deal with Dad. I'm glad this hasn't brought me and my sibs (5 of us) at each others' throats!

Gotta finish some work so I can got to the hospital. Have the best day you can possibly have!
Lou

rudyandirmouse responded:
Good Tuesday to all. Hope your day is going well and that you do not have to deal with any fibro issues or pain.

This will be a short post as I have a doctor's appointment in a bit and the drive is 30 miles round trip. But, it's near where DH works and we plan to catch a movie after the appointment and then a meal out.

Bought some Twinkies and Hostess cup cakes yesterday to see if they were as good as I remembered them to be. Yes, quite nice.. glad to see them back on store shelves.

Not much news, hot and hotter here. No rain so that's good.

Lou, glad to hear your dad is awake and doing better. Hope he gets to eating and that he just get better and better.

Okay, will close this here.. Gentle hugs to all.. Have a great day everyone.
Linda R.

mnjeepguy responded:
Good evening everyone. It was hot here today, for what we are used to. It hit 87 at my house, only blocks from Lake Superior. At work it had to be close to 100 just on the floor. I'm thankful the work day was not too rigorous.

It was tough going back to work after vacation. Monday was also a decent day, but I could tell it wore me out. I fell asleep on the couch before 9. Off to bed I went.

Here's wishing you all a good evening. Take care.

Cory

Helpful Tips

~FM TIPS - LIVING W/ FM - TOOLBOX ~WELCOME NEWCOMMERS~
Welcome to Our FMily! My name is MeMe, I'm an FM suffer of 19 years, along with autoimmune diseases & other conditions. ... More
Was this Helpful?
471 of 546 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.