Skip to content
With fibro pain and other underlying conditions how can you separate when talking to your doctor?
An_248463 posted:
I have other conditions in addition to fibro. Degenerative athritis, nerve damage, and recently pain that is worse on the right side of body and total numbness that happens almost every night of leg, foot and hands. How to address separate issues without everything being connected to fibro?

missist responded:
Hi, I have a lot of that overlapping and confusion of things too. When i got to dr I generally deal with symptoms--which sometimes I'd really like to know what is causing something that is 'new' and at that point it usually ends up a rabbit chase, tests, more tests.. ugh.

Its difficult--I do agree. My last dr visit I was discussing some new weird symptoms and said that 'not everything is fibro' which got me an apt. with a neuro. and I don't know, now I'm thinking this will be a spendy time consuming waste of time.. but maybe not..

It gets discouraging.

I think though, going symptom by symptom when a few of them start to be treated well enough, it becomes a little easier to pinpoint what needs to be addressed next.

I found when my widespread pain got more under control, I could pinpoint the other difficult things that are keeping me from having the best quality of life possible.

don't know if this helpful or not--just I know. I have stiffness and numbness and fatigue/depression, pain and constant noise in my ears/head, as well as a few other weird things. So I just try to get it improved as I go.

Helpful Tips

For All our new members
Welcome all new members, I want you to understand how important it is to be o.k. with coming here to lift your spirits and release ... More
Was this Helpful?
376 of 403 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.