Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Thursday ****7/18/2013 ****
dollbug posted:
Morning FMily....MiMi in NC where it is already hot, hot, hot....and it is not 8 am yet...OMG....I guess we are in for a really hot and muggy day. They are saying that it is going to get cooler....as we have a front from Canada headed our way.

Yesterday I had to do some errands and I felt as though I was in *slow motion mode*....can anyone relate to this? I think the majority of my life is now spent in this mode. Just can't seem to get myself going. It took me almost all afternoon to get a few things done. I hate driving on the interstate as well, which does not help me to begin with.

Here is hoping everyone had a good night's rest and I hope today will be a good day for us all as well, with little to no pain.

The big boys (labs) will be getting fresh water today. We drained their *pool* yesterday and it will be refilled today. A few years ago I went to Lowes on winter day and they had this big *fish pool* on clearance. I paid for it and asked them to hold it until I could get DH to pick it up. It was a very good deal. At the time DH thought I had lost my mind. (maybe I have)....anyway....the big boys love to get in it when it is so hot. I noticed yesterday I have a small crack in it. I am trying to figure out how to *repair* it so that it will not get bigger.

Welcome to the new members who have joined our FM support group. I am sure that each of you will soon find something that will help you cope better. Hang out here with us and learn what other FMers do that they have found has improved their pain. It does take time and effort to figure out the *just right combination* that will work for you.

My toolbox includes Vitamins and Supplements and using other tools as well. Drinking plenty of water every day and watching what I eat is important, really important for me. Moving is another thing. Doing gentle stretches/exercises is also good. Using my Stopain Spray as needed...(this is good stuff that you can find at walmart or most any drug store-for under $10.)

I do hope new members will check out the info under *tips* and *resources*....and be sure and review the *member toolbox* as well.

Stay cool today, if you can, and remember to pace, pace and pace even more.

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

debrabrooks1960 responded:
Hello to everyone!

Sorry I have not been on in awhile. I popped my kitchen floor and pulled a muscle in my back. By Monday I was so much pain that I cried driving home. I was bed ridden on Tuesday but made it to my doctor's office. He said I had a lot of swelling in the area of the pain. He gave me pain meds and muscle relaxer. I finally made it back to work today but I sat all day and typed. I hurt so bad that I had to leave early. Luckily right now it is not hurting too bad. I took a pain pill and a muscle relaxer so the pain is easing off. I knew there was a reason I should never mopped. Now I remember that I will hurt myself. So I will have to be a lot more careful while mopping the next time or talk one of my niece's into moppinng for me.

I hope everyone has a great Friday and a great weekend.

Cory: I was reading a post from a few days ago where you wote about your twin brother. I am a twin also. I have a twin brother that is 9 minutes younger than me. We look nothing alike. If people do not know us, they think we are married!

Mimi: I get that slow motion mode a lot. I have it so often that I finally quit fitting it and started to walk at what ever speed that was comfortable. I hate it when my arms and hands are in slow mode. It scares me a little. I am glad to see I am not the only one who has it.

Well gotta go put ice on my back. Take care and soft hugs to all.

Debbie Lewis
Your not over the hill until you are under the hill.

mnjeepguy responded:
Good evening everyone. It was a very hot muggy day for us yesterday. It was 92 at my house, very warm for us. The mill was unbearable and it was our hardest day of the week. Everyone slowed way down by about 10AM. Thankfully nobody suffered heat stroke in the suits and safety gear we wear in the plant. Our staff is good at watching out for each other. We are fortunate we get few days that are truly hot, as most of us are not acclimated for it. Today was about 15 degrees cooler and a better day.

The crazy thing about the heat yesterday is that I arrived home at 3:30 to 92, at about 5 it started to drop and it was 68 in 40 minutes! Crazy. Welcomed crazy.

I am tired and sore from the last couple days but doing well, just doing less once home. The boys help me out with chore and it's worked out well.

Debbie, funny, I am younger than my identical twin by 9 minutes. We are considered mirror twins, same features, but opposites. I'm a left handed, he is right, same exact teeth, opposite sides. My right eye is stronger, his left is. Pretty neat.

Mimi, slow motion? yes, I have had some of that too, mostly when overly tired working shift like I used to.

I hope you all sleep well tonight. Take care everyone.

Cory

Helpful Tips

~FM TIPS - LIVING W/ FM - TOOLBOX ~WELCOME NEWCOMMERS~
Welcome to Our FMily! My name is MeMe, I'm an FM suffer of 19 years, along with autoimmune diseases & other conditions. ... More
Was this Helpful?
464 of 539 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.