Skip to content
Rhuematologist says "cut dairy, gluten, sugar, certain fruits and veg...etc.
crystalgreeneyes posted:
Here I go again. I just went to my rhuem.dr. The only thing I take is a sleeping pill at night. Nothing works for my pain and all drugs I have tried make me feel very sick. The side effects are worse than the pain. I am not too badly affected by fatigue but I certainly have insomnia.
At my appt. today she said that dietary restrictions can help. I told her that I don't have coffee or soft drinks or juice, no bread, pasta, cakes, candies or cookies. She told me to avoid tomatoes, eggplant, peppers and potatoes. I had some watermelon yesterday and pain shot through my hip and elbow joints right after. So no gluten, dairy, a lot of fruits and vegetables. I can't afford to see a naturopathic dr. or a nutritionist. What can I eat? I am very thin as it is. I just don't know what to eat anymore so I don't eat much and when I do I am usually in pain afterwards. Does anyone have this issue and what are you doing. Some people cut red meat as well.

fibroinsd responded:
Hi Crystalgreen eyes..

I am so sorry you are having so many problems. This sure isn't fun, is it? I am so tired of people telling me to cut stuff out, to find it doesn't make any difference.

I have a problem slightly different from you. I gained way too much weight..and was terribly obese. My doctor kept telling me to lose the weight,and I would be better...but couldn't tell me how to lose the weight. I tried so many diets..cutting out foods. I remember people saying if I cut out soda, I would lose weight..nope..didn't happen..

Anyway..long story shorter...I went to Medifast and got on their diet. I did lose about 100 pounds. I am struggling to keep it off. The one thing about the diet, was the cutting out of sugars. You don't think you are getting much, until you eat food without all the sugar..and low carb...high protein.

I think overall it has been a good diet for me with the fibro..but certainly has not cured me...I still have constant pain..but at least I am not carrying around the weight...

I guess you could do a very strict diet...start with quinoa and then start adding veggies in..and maybe some fish..that would be healthy...but hard to live on for long..you could add foods every two weeks..

The problem is that I find it hard to believe that it will make a difference...sorry ..just me..

I do hope you have read the member toolbox post in the tips and resource section to the right..people put there things that have helped them.

cece
Let's put the fun back in dysfunctional !- Mary Englebright

Anon_10089 replied to fibroinsd's response:
Hello-

It sounds like she's telling you to avoid night shade vegetables. I've heard of that and am sure you can find guidelines on the Internet.

Also, you may benefit from adding some good fats. I feel better and have more energy when I do this. Try avocados, coconut oil, full fat Greek yogurt, nuts, etc. I think you do green drinks? You can add any of the above to a shake, well only nuts if you have a good blender. My body goes against popular logic in that I feel the best when I eat meat (high quality) and more vegetables than fruit. Grains are not great for me either.

Dietary changes take awhile to feel and to figure out. I hope you're able to figure out some recipes and things that will help!

booch007 responded:
Good morning,

My best days ever...

Lean and green dieting and Green vibrance supplement.

Grren vegetables are LOADED with antioxidants and some say we are loaded with the need for that. To clean our cells up. The green vibrance actually is vegetablet groud up as well. I paid alot of money for this guidance froma physiatrist. IT gave me the ability to stretch the muscle out for the first time since being diaagnosed. So many docs said stretch and i knew I couldn't. Well I could and it felt good after, since doing this simple lifestyle.

This part is hard, as so often we have to figure how to tune ourselves up. .

Don't forget about that book, FM and Chronic Myofascial Pain by Dr Devin Starlanyl.....on amazon. P R I C E L E S S in guidance and help.

Take care and good luck,
Nancy B

Helpful Tips

~FM TIPS - LIVING W/ FM - TOOLBOX ~WELCOME NEWCOMMERS~
Welcome to Our FMily! My name is MeMe, I'm an FM suffer of 19 years, along with autoimmune diseases & other conditions. ... More
Was this Helpful?
465 of 540 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.