Skip to content
Sunday ****7/21/2013 ****
dollbug posted:
Morning FMily..it is too darn early for anyone to put up this time of day..I am only up since the furbabies decided they needed to get up and go out. I was NOT ready to get up and then Harley thought she also needed to be up and about. She is really pretty good about sleeping and resting. I actually had to let her go out so I could then let the little guys out. I keep them separated since Harley is so big. She likes to temp them to play. I do not think she would ever mean any harm to them but she just might accidentally hurt them by just playing.

Yesterday DH and I took some time at the pool. I was only able to float....the water was warm around 85* so it was not bad. Swimming takes energy and since I do not seem to have much of it to spare....I decided to just float and soak up the sun. Soon though it got really cloudy and looked like rain so we our trip was ended soon. Did not want to get caught out in the rain...we are due to get showers again today.

Here is hoping each of you had a good night's rest and I hope today will be a good day for us all....with little to no pain. I think this is what we all hope for each and every day.

I am much better today. It is not a good thing for me when I have stomach issues. It works on both the mind and the body. I have to skip taking my vitamins and supplements it this throws off my entire system and schedule both.

So much going on around the country again. I guess the internet just allows us to be more aware than it use to be. I think I could actually do a lot better not knowing about most of it....since there is nothing that anyone can actually do about it anyway. This is the way the cookie crumbles. I have also learned more than I care to know about when something needs to be addressed. My daughter and her husband has spent a lot of money on attorneys and we are now into the 6th month of court dates and have no idea just how much more is in store for them. Her DH thought that you pay an attorney and got things straightened out....but this is NOT how the system works. It is a very long and drawn out thing and no one gets in any hurry. Of course there are several ways to actually *look* at this...it takes a lot of money to *research* things and get them resolved, possibly a lot more than anyone expects it to be. I often wonder how some people can actually ever have any kind of peace.

It is hard to know that school will soon be up and running again. I noticed they are getting all of the school supplies in again in the stores....with lists of what each grade needs to have. I am now on the look out for the special sales on jeans as well. I normally get the ones which companies put on sale right around school time. My older grandson is really growing tall and he will need new ones this year. He use to wear slim size but that is not the case now. Children really grow up fast.

Welcome to the new members who have joined our FM support group recently and to those who have been missing for a while. I am sure things will soon get better for you. Hang out here with us and learn what others have found that has helped them cope better. Check out the info under *tips* and *resources* and be sure and review the *member toolbox*. You have to figure out what you can put into your *toolbox* which works for you.

It does takes a trial and error process which does take time and effort. There are no quick fixes that I am aware of, if you happen to find something different which works for you, I hope that you will share this with others. What works for some may or may not work for others.

Learning how to pace, pace and pace even more is important for me. This too is a process which is sometimes hard to do. Pushing one's self does not do any of us any favors though. In the end, it is not worth doing so. Most of the time it is taking one step forward and several steps backward. We must continue to try to move forward.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it...
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

dollbug responded:
Ran out of characters and almost lost my post today....which would not have been a good thing for me.

MiMi

missist replied to dollbug's response:
Good Morning Mimi & all to follow.

Having a pretty good weekend. Hubby is home this weekend. Yesterday our daughter's family came over to fish and eat with us and I have been getting a lot of time in with my grandchildren. Just love their ages! 1 and 2 y/o. Mimi's post reminds me they grow up fast so I need to soak in all that toddler fun I can get.

Sat out on the dock and fished with Hubby a little bit. I think I caught just a real small fish. Between all of us we caught quite a lot yesterday but only a couple were big enough to keep--but we didn't keep any.

Our power washer needs repair and we have been getting a lot of mayflies here, in waves of different hatchings. Spiders make webs across the sun room windows and the mayflies get caught in them. The result gets pretty gross sometimes. Hubby put a scrub brush on a pole with our hose and scrubbed and washed off the mess yesterday but of course by night there were more. Still it is much better than it was.

Those windows are our view of the lake and we just love them--so not fond of them being covered with dead bugs.

I'm feeling OK, still have a neuro apt on the 31st. Am having some swelling in feet--so probably need to change my blood pressure pills. Been having more sciatica and a lot of stiffness in my legs used to be just my feet/ankles now its up to my knees. Even though nothing is horribly painful seems like there is always something 'weird' going on. I'd rather just live my life and not be concerned with such things, Really hate going to doctors and messing with so many drugs for this that and the other thing. More and more it reminds me of my Mom and I feel bad that I never realized what a pain things had gotten to be for her. Its easy to say to someone you are on too many meds--but--when you have lots of different issues, it happens pretty easily--and then one thing doesn't work well with another or you get side effects, etc.. very frustrating.

I got the vitamin B1 I mentioned from that study. Funny it took so long to get here by mail--and my brain being what it is--I now have to go look up why I wanted it. It had to do with fog or energy, I think.. LOL.. so crazy.

Well my bright spot this weekend is definitely my grandkids, I don't forget much about them. So that's good.

Have a nice Sunday folks!
Mary

booch007 responded:
Good morning Fmily and Dear Mimi,

Thanks for my breakfast of words you lay down eachday....you are the best. It was so crazy yesterday with the front from Canada coming down....thunder and lightening while in the pool then sunny and hot after. It was IN and then OUT and then IN...crazy.

My poor Olivia woke with an eye shut! She went to the pediatrician and it is another stye*. Geez this girl, I never see her wiping her eyes to get these but it is becoming clear there is a problem here for her. I saw J$J shampoo (no tears) is a good wash for your to use, I am sharing that today with my DIL. I had to run to the Pharmacy to get her antibiotic and I then just ran over to visit a minute with my Godchild who was here with me for the day.....great day.

Today is little EMILY's Baby Shower. It is Sweet n Sour at the same time. But I have a smile on my face and love this girl before she arrives. Sad for my son as the new norm will be different than any of us have had. We will handle it all with them and support them with whatever they need.

Today the weather is to be better and less humid (THANK YOU CANADA) it is not in the winter that I say this, but now!
Spiders have taken over already which is an August thing, but I can see they are confused as the heat is August like. Crazy stuff.....the garden is growing so well though.

OK. Off to pay bills and finish laudry for the week. Not enough time today. Two glasses of distraction going on! .

Hugs to all, Nancy B

mnjeepguy responded:
Good morning everyone. It heat here was short, only 4 or 5 days of it, two that were miserable, and now back to highs in the low 70s for a bit with a light breeze. I hope the heat gives you guys a break soon as well.

I heard some sad news. My aunt Ann went to the hospital with sepsis yesterday and is on a fast decline in hospice care. I don't see her much, but she is a great, feisty gal. She has been in a wheel chair for at least 30 years. I forget her exact disorder, spinal issues since birth. She lost her legs due to many infections in them about 20 years ago. She still managed to live on her own, always smile, and be a rock for her 2 children the Dr. said she could never have. As children we saw her often while playing with my cousin. I will miss her.

rant warning!

I miss my twin lately as well and wanted to see him this weekend. I went to a BBQ he and friends were at to catch up. I kind of wish I hadn't because he unloaded all his dirty laundry in front of many others. He has a 26 year old wife, (we are 38), who left her life as a party girl when they wed. They decided to have a child together, a beautiful 8 month old named Holden. His head is completely flat because neither parents wants to be responsible and expects the other to be. He spends all his time in a car seat. He will likely need a helmet to correct it.They created a storm that never settles, finger pointing, and uncomfortable people around them when they are in a group. He expects her to change, not drink, while he drinks almost daily. This cannot end well.

I wish people would have there own crap together before having a child. This angers me about society to no end. We create little carbon copies of ourselves. We have to ask ourselves if the world needs more of us. A child is not to be taken for granted or used as a pawn is a relationship. Too many parents just don't care. This is very sad.

I am doing okay, I still feel pretty rough, but life goes on. I count my blessings every single day. I have a loving wife, we compromise when not in agreement and work things out. That's how we have been together for over 22 years. I have two wonderful, kind hearted, carbon copies:) I don't know what their lives will be like, but they will have the right tools to succeed.

You folks are all wonderful, I enjoy being welcomed in to this circle. It is an amazing tool of my own. Thank you for the support.

I hope you all have a cool, dry, pain free day. Take care everyone.

Cory

dollbug replied to mnjeepguy's response:
Hello Cory.....so sorry about your Aunt Ann....thoughts and prayers are with her. I find this information that you shared with us quite interesting....as I think we all know doctors do NOT always have the correct answers....only GOD knows the outcome. When my DH had cancer he was NOT given a chance to live through Christmas. (he got sick in July and they figured out what it was finally in Sept)....he was given both chemo and radiation treatments and was treated at a Medical Teaching Hospital. He was only the 10th patient that had been treated by this doctor at the time he got sick. He ended up being in the hospital 106 days over a 8th month time span. The doctors did NOT expect him to ever return to work. It took him a long time to recover and get strong but he did so. The doctors told me though that he had a very good outlook and mind over matter was 3/4 the battle. (He actually coped better than I did).

About *family issues*....Cory, I think we all have them. Well, at least I know that I certainly have had them off and on throughout my entire life. Funny thing about this is that my mother took off and eloped when she met and married my dad...(none of the children knew this though)...and I also eloped, although I did have a church wedding and got married right before I graduated from high school. This is a very long *story*....anyway, I did not find out about this until I had my own children...(many, many years later)....so I guess one can say this came back to bite her...(actually in more ways than one).

You are so right though...there are people out there who do not need children....as so many of them do not care for them and some actually *abuse* them. Children are indeed the parents responsibilities...and they require a lot of work. Actually, I look back now and wonder just how we raised our 3 children. My children were good children though and grew up to be good adults. It does take 2 people though to raise children. There are so many *single* parents these days. Some people actually NEVER GROW UP....and they are still child like when they are adults. A good parents wants what is best for their children and will do whatever it takes to make sure that their children are provided for and looked after. Thoughts and prayers are with you and your family in dealing with this. I hope they can work things out and take care of the baby like they should. Perhaps the age difference has something to do with this. But like I said, some people never grow up.

Cory, by the way...it is ok to rant. I think we all have done this at one time or another...The good thing is that you can come here and *get this out*...and we understand. I do not think anyone here will judge you for doing so. And even IF they did...it really does not matter....since we are all FMily.

I would like to say that when this little boy gets a little older....you can become a BIG part of his life....and make sure that you and your family stay close to him. You just might be quite surprised how this can and will influence him and make a difference in his life as well. I know that with my son's daughter, she is really close to not only her dad but my daughter as well, who is her aunt...they have a very close bond and one which will never be broken.

I hope you will get rested today and will be ready for your work week tomorrow.

Take care....thoughts and prayers are with you and those you are close to as well.

MiMi

katmandulou responded:
Just read yesterday's posts. MiMi said:

Yesterday DH and I took some time at the pool. I was only able to float....the water was warm around 85* so it was not bad. Swimming takes energy and since I do not seem to have much of it to spare....I decided to just float and soak up the sun. Soon though it got really cloudy and looked like rain so we our trip was ended soon. Did not want to get caught out in the rain...we are due to get showers again today.

You were already wet so you should have relaxed some more, unless it was t-storms approaching. It gave me a good laugh! Lou

dollbug replied to katmandulou's response:
Hello Lou....actually the water has to be rather *warm* before I can even stand to get wet. I enjoy the warm sunshine though on my body....but when the sun is hidden behind the clouds, it gets really cool very quickly. Recently there have been very hard rain with lots of thunder and lightning though and the rules are that when this happens you had better be getting yourself out of the water. I do not like taking any sort of chance around water period.

Just a couple of weeks ago there was a young girl who was on a swimming team and an electrical wire snapped and dropped to the ground. (it was outside the fenced area and not that close to the pool at all) The current ran through the ground and as this little girl was trying to get out she touched the metal ladder and was killed. They said the reason for this was because of all of the rain that the area has had recently allowed it to travel quickly under ground. There were others there who watched this take place. I think she was 11 years old. No one even thought about something like this happening but they *felt* something in the pool which did not *feel* exactly right.
I guess these children were lucky that they got out fast and no one else was hurt or killed.

I am one who has never liked taking chances on any thing that might cause any sort of danger. Better be safe than sorry, I guess one might say.

Take care.

MiMi

Helpful Tips

Living Well with Fibromyalgia
Greetings! I have learned patience and a positive attitude is key to my pain management. I developed Fibromyalgia after a hysterectomy in ... More
Was this Helpful?
193 of 210 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.