Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Thursday ****7/25/2013****
dollbug posted:
Morning FMily....MiMi in NC and it is going to be another hot day....it is dry though for now. I had no idea that the showers made such a difference in the temps. My allergies are back in full force again. I have never had so many problems with my eyes before.

I do hope everyone had a good night's rest and I hope today will be a good day for us all with little to no pain.

Vitamin B 1-I am now taking this....only 2 capsules a day which is just 200...I do not think I can tell a difference yet but I will continue to up them...I wanted to see if they were going to cause any side effects. When I first started the I thought they might cause headaches...but then they stopped. So perhaps not. I hate headaches to deal with. I continued though and am not having them now. So I guess we will see.

Welcome to the new members who have joined our FM support group. I am sure that each of you will soon find something that will help you cope better. It does take time and effort, along with a trial and error process...to find the tools which might work for you. For the new members you should allow at least 6-8 weeks of whatever you decide to try before making a decision as to whether or not it is working...(this is indeed a long time)...of course, IF what you are doing is making you sicker than you were to begin with, then I would not continue. There are no quick fixes that I am aware of...so if anyone happens to know of something which works right away...please share this will everyone.

Vitamin D...I continue to remind those who have not done so...to please check with your doctor about getting your Vitamin D level checked. Low Vitamin D might make a difference in your level of pain...and according to medical researchers...it can also affect other illnesses as well.

I also want to say that I found P5P (Vitamin B 6) worked for my lower back pain. I am still quite amazed that this is working for me...P5P is a process form of Vitamin B 6 - it is already in the form that the body can use. I had no idea that it would help my pain but I am here to say that it does. I guess I will be taking it for the rest of my life.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Have a good day and remember to pace, pace and pace.

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

missist responded:
Hi Mimi & all to follow.

Well I stayed up too late 2 nights in a row and morning came way too early for me. My dawgs must go out and seems if I am really tired they are up extra early. LOL works every time.

I am having my coffee and need to shower soon and drive to my dr.. didn't plan this but so it goes. My feet have been swelling up way too much lately so I thought I probably need a change in my blood pressure combo. always something.

Dr. won't change an RX w/o seeing me so off I go. I wish just once I could go a whole 3 mos between visits!

Could be worse I know, some people don't even have doctors at all.

I'm pleased with myself - found a nice little microwave for $9.99 at Good will yesterday--i stop there a lot as I'm a big bargain hunter and its a small store--love small.

I brought it home and cleaned it and by golly it works. :)yeah!

I didn't have a microwave cuz when we got his place we had a brand new one up where Hubby is staying during the week and I just did not want to buy another one. Since I'm here alone and my kitchen is tiny--I just figured I'd do without. Its annoying sometimes as microwaves are convenient--but so it went.. Until I found one for 9.99! yeah! I also found a brand new in the box parrafin wax melting thing the sort you put your sore arthritic hands in. 2.99!! wow I will use that.

So yes, that was a good little trip.

Well I guess that is all for now. Hope everyone has a lovely day!
mary

rudyandirmouse responded:
Good Thursday one and all. I do hope this week has gone well and that you have plans to enjoy the up coming weekend. I also hope that your today is starting off well and that you will not have to deal with any fibro issues or pain. : ) Not always the case, as I so well know, but wish it for each of you just the same.

It's sunny here.. going to be a very nice day. 86 with clear skies. More like a mid September day than a late July one. But so goes this weird weather of late. We've had so much rain the trees have yellow leaves with black dots. Not a good thing looking up towards Oct and having leaves on the trees for the fall color change. UGH.

I have an early morning dr appointment with my skin dr today. Am having a few dark spots, here and there, burned off. They may come back or not, and are not a cure all, but for awhile, at least, it will be better than the darker spots I have. I am originally from S. California, The San Fernando Valley, and I loved being out in the sun. Also, I have light olive skin and over time I guess I have taken in a bit too much ( of the good stuff ) sun which has caused the dark spots. So I'm trying to ' lift ' them this morning by having them ' heated ' off.

Am busy trying to getting my bi yearly appointments finished up from June. Everything depended on when the dr's were on summer vacation so a couple of them got pushed into July. On that note I went to my ' old ' lung dr, I sooo missed him, on Monday for my yearly check up and X rays. Because of the nonsense that went on with me last year with the misdiagnosed ' lung cancer ' chest x ray, CT Scan and 7000 dollar PET scan, Monday's films were reviewed by my dr, his partner and the Radiologist @ the hospital before I left for home. No phone calls with wrong information this year. The lungs are perfect from top to bottom! Yay that!

DH is up stairs sleeping but will have to get up before I go out the door because a GE repair man is due here this a.m. to put a new door seal on the dishwasher that's only 2 months old. Ugrrr. I had hoped that DH could go with me this a.m. to my skin appointment, but am guessing not. When I get home from there I have to go right back out and travel up to Nashville and pick up our two youngest GC and take them to Opry Mills for treats. Today will be the last Thursday I can just go get them during the week as they both will be in school from now. All grown up, not my little babies any more.

MiMi, so sorry to read that your allergies are still bothering you. I do hope that you find relief soon.

Let me close this here.. sending wishes out to each of you here on the board for a great all around day..
Gentle hugs, Linda R.

katmandulou responded:
Hi Everyone! Sorry I came late today. No work but plenty to do.

It's been cold (60s) and rainy most of the day. A week ago my elbows were sweating! That's New England for you!!!!

The big Block Party was cancelled after I reported in Tuesday. The committee called the National Weather Service office, and were told we would have huge t-storms, and the safe thing to do is cancel. So we did, calling, emailing, and making sure the word got out. We got a storm of awful on FB! We did say "rain or shine", but thunder and lightning are another thing. I was astonished how some people were actually mean. The worse part is that it did rain, it hailed not far from us, but no thunder or lightning. Better luck next year - if we do it again. There was talk of not spending so much time and effort to get cancelled because of bad weather and then get insulted in public.

Thanks for letting me get that off my chest. Now I just need sleep. I wish you all the best rest of the day you can possibly have!
Lou

slovene54 responded:
Happy Thursday!! Having tough day. Woke up utterly exhausted. Still had to get daughter to daycare and work but couldn't keep eyes open driving. Really scary. Left work went to dr. She took me off work for a few days so I can rest. The stress of the divorce and husbands verbal attacks along with work and fibro and realizing I need a second job I think I'm really overwhelmed and tired. Still keeping it together despite everything so I'm still ok!! Mimi- I recently was introduced to doterra essential oils. I swear by them. They have one called breathe that is incredibly effective. All natural no fillers. All plants grown indigenously to their countries. No chemicals. Sometimes when all the chemical drugs they give you aren't working it might be time to go back to what nature gave us. Healing plants. I use them day and night topically automatically and ingesting them. It's what allows me to work full time and not be another pain med addict like most of my family. If you want to know more let me know. Going to sleep with some lavender oil on bottom of feet!! Hope everyone has a good Thursday!!

mnjeepguy responded:
Good evening everyone, it was an interesting Friday at work. We had serious issues until 10:30, not a huge deal. It did make time go by fast. I had a quick talk with my boss yesterday AM that suggested I get my last raise to full millwright soon. This means that my program will be finished completely. The school books are done, but I am not finished until the boss says I am fully capable. It will be soon, and is a $1.56 raise to do the same work as now. This is a good thing with the DW done working in 2 weeks to go to school full time.

It did bother me that he mentioned I needed to work on my people skills with management. Haha, I guess I need to keep opinions to myself, I always shoot high, do what I am told, and never, ever, call in or show up late, a decent employee. It's funny to me. I know alcoholics well, and he is textbook. You know how you just have too many signals that you are smarter than the other participant in the conversation? It's frustrating and I just want to take out the Crayons. This is where I count the blessings.....

I love helping the little guy, my favorite store is my local True Value. It is locally owned and is the only store in a population of 4k or so that has almost anything you can think of. It may cost a little more than driving 35 miles, but well worth it. The little things make the biggest difference. Support your local business if you can. Bigger is not always better.

Allergies are not good right now for me. Mimi, I feel your pain. For me, this year has been mild until about a week ago. The sudden heat brought it out I think. It starts with the eyes, then the nose never stops. I sneeze constantly and need a drip rag if I mow the lawn, ick! Benadryle is the best I have found, ( I use the Target brand to save money). I have not found any other alternative that worked for long. I keep it in all of my vehicles.

It wasn't a bad day. It was Friday and payday for me. I have to start preparing for soon to be, 10 and 13 year old starting school. I cannot believe that I feel like a kid sometimes, and here I am, the father of 2 boys. Time really does fly, enjoy every moment you can.

I hope you all sleep well, take care everyone.

Cory

Helpful Tips

Living Well with Fibromyalgia
Greetings! I have learned patience and a positive attitude is key to my pain management. I developed Fibromyalgia after a hysterectomy in ... More
Was this Helpful?
191 of 208 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.