Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Saturday *****7/27/2013 *****
dollbug posted:
Morning FMily....well....another week end is here and we are ending another month as well. OMG....where did the time go....it is moving by again quickly....and school will soon be in session again for another year. The school supplies are out again and so are the fall clothes. I had to do some errands and found some good buys for the *GS*....one is hard to buy for so when I find something that I want to get him....I have to buy it OR it will get gone. The other one is not too hard so I do not have to worry as much about him.

There has been *major cutbacks in school this year* and I worry that this will not be a good year for most. They continue to *reduce spending* but yet everything continues to rise. Something not right with this picture at all. I often wonder IF those in charge of making decisions could live by what is being done throughout our nation, IF things would not change. I have always said that no one thought about how they should *save for a rainy day* when things were so much better than it is now. When the government had any sort of *surplus* they found ways to *spend it*....and now our country is in a *terrible financial mess*. Washington leaders have NOT put things in priority and only WHEN AND IF this happens....the struggles will continue.

That's my soapbox for today. Too much going on everywhere.

Welcome to the new members who have joined our FM support group. I am sure that each of you will soon find something that will help you cope better. It does take time and effort. There are no quick fixes that I am aware of....BUT if you have found some sort of *magic* please share it with our FMily.

Vitamins and supplements is what I depend upon. I was really disappointed when I ran out of my multi vitamins (source one + 50 for women)....Walmart no longer sells them. So I ended up having to get another kind. Don't know how this is going to work.

Other things are as important too....such as moving as much as possible. (muscles get stiff and cause more pain for me)....drinking lots of water is also important. Learning how to pace, pace and pace even more. (I still struggle with this as well).
Stopain Spray (good stuff to use)...hot showers using lavender bath salts right before going to sleep...this helps to relax the body so that I can sleep better. Sleep is so very important for us FMers.

News members....be sure and ask your doctor to check your Vitamin D level, which is important to a lot of people these days....low Vitamin D can cause additional pain and it can also affect other illnesses as well. Do your own research about this...you might be quite surprised.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it. Here is hoping everyone will have a good day, with little or no pain.

Remember to pace, pace and pace even more.

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

missist responded:
Good Morning Mimi and all/any who follow.

Mimi-- just wanted to mention- check Amazon.com for your vitamins. I get some things there that I can't find. I get a good multi vitamin from Earthfare too--they are in Rock Hill SC and also I think in Raleigh--not sure where you are if either is close.

So I had another one of those weird aura episodes last night. I'm thinking this is some sort of migraine. I see the neurologist Wedsnday so hopefully it will be figured out soon.

After I see him I want to transfer to my old dr in Matthews NC--its a bit of a drive, but I liked her and my current GP I think is not able to multi task well. I always have more than one issue when I see a doctor-- just the nature of the Beast.I do try to be organized and not take too much time--but for a dr to tell me I need to make a separate appointment for each thing--that's crazy. I should have realized that when he said it yesterday.. but you know--I'm fibro slow--took a few hours to mull that over and realize it was just the last straw with this guy.

I need someone I know can manage things better than that.
And who is nice--as in seems to actually care about her patients as my old dr did.

Anyhow I have some orders for my artwork/wood items. So I'm going to be plenty busy til I go to neuro which is good.

I 'think' I will have the nerve to finally go to that church I mentioned a while ago--so will visit that tomorrow. I've been hearing the sermons online and like them. The pastor sounds a bit like Larry the cable guy-- voice/accent-- but seems to have a good grasp on theology-- just hope I don't chuckle during sermons.

Today I'm in search of a bigger size bottle of jojoba oil--so think I'll go up to Trader Joes in Charlotte.

Another nice distraction so I don't worry about my head. LOL.

Hope you all have a good day!
Mary

booch007 replied to missist's response:
Morning Mary and Mimi and all the Fmily,

I love a good distraction Mary, just don't buy too much at Traders! You go in for 1 thing and come out with 20!

This week was a tough one for me, I have alot of pain and range of motion issues. I got my shots yesterday and I NEEDED them. I had to extra medicate on Thursday at work and then when I got home the receptionist's voice was a welcomed sound out of the phone telling me I had a 9am appt!!

Today I plan to just stay homebound and maybe pool and sun with the chores. Tomorrow the 4H fair with the girls...Olivia loves animals and I can't wait to see this fair, it has been 20 years since I have gone. Hope it has blossomed to a great fair.

My body s changing a bit here. Neurology said yesterday that my muscles can be spastic enough to pull a bone out of allignment....BUT WHAT DO YOU THINK?

My left clavicla seem to be protruding forward at the mid line of my chest? Not painful to push on it. I AM asymetrical now...I knew this was changing it is over time...not sudden....but now the Urologist I work with Noticed it and assessed me. I told him I was just in need of shots and now I am thinking I need a CT scan.

The thyroid is higher than that point but I think the THYMUS gland is under there.....I am getting paranoid.
I wonder if just favoring the left arm as I do has shifted things?
Any input.....anyone have this? Anyone get a bone protrusion for NO reason?

I have seen the process under the sternum or chest plate get damaged and pop upward. That is primarily cartilage and can do that. But this is weird.....I HATE WEIRD! I have enough about me that is weird!

OK off to the laundry and the day at hand.

May the sun be out at your house and a low pain day in store for you all......................(Oh if I could only make that happen)
NancyB .

rudyandirmouse responded:
Good Saturday MiMi, Mary and all those to follow. I do hope your day is off to a good start and your weekend as well. I also hope that you are not dealing with fibro issues or pain and are able to be out and enjoying the last of the July's mid summer weather.

It's going to rain some today, but right now its a warm morning with a few clouds here and there. I have the doors open and I have noticed two hummingbirds zoom thru the back porch area. Nice to have them back!! We noticed them a few days ago.. a mother and her baby. With them here that means the rest are not far behind. We put up all the feeders and put fresh ' juice' in them along with two water feeders. So when they come back, they will have flowers and ' juice' to welcome them.

MiMi, hope your feeling better today. I know you have been dealing with allergy issues, as have I. I hope they have cleared up and that you are feeling much better now. As for the summer moving right along, it sure has. I will be in NC, Norbert, third week of August with the GC just days before they go back to school there. Spent the last free summer days with my Nashville GC and today will be with my GS. All three go back to school next week. Summer went much to fast.

Mary, I'll be @ the Trader Joe's in Nashville today. I really like Trader Joe's.. has things there that I just can't find any where else... but my over all best store is Whole Foods and I'll be shopping there today as well.

Not a lot to post about today so will make this post a very short one. My day is just going to be about run errands, church service withy my oldest DD and her family and dinner out afterwards. Slow weekend going on. But's that's okay, I like slower rather than faster.

Okay, closing this here.. wishing each of you a wonderful, fibro issue and pain free weekend.
Gentle Hugs, Linda R

missist replied to rudyandirmouse's response:
Trader Joes will be fun.. just got off the phone with one of my old bff up in WI. she's got Lupus and we yacked about ailments and grandkids..

Anyhow Nancy B-- I have some muscles that have been that spastic. I think right now my 'gluteus max' s you know.. .butt. I've got very spastic calves too.

what happens to me is something is so tight I really feel it more in the 'next' muscle group or even further as it tugs on everything.

I swear I can see things moved--but I guess others can't cuz I get some weird looks when I say that.

Best of luck with it. I think it is that myofascial thing-- now my last Rheumy--bless his heart--(southern for cussing) just said that's the same thing--which I know it is not.

the myofascial pain is the worst-- not an ache its a scream.

Hope your shots help .

Best to all! Mary

mnjeepguy responded:
Good afternoon everyone. It is a brisk day for July. I woke to 66 in the house and turned the small electric heater on. I do not deal with the cold or sudden drops in temp well. I used the butt warmers in the Subaru when we went to the city for some errands. It is raining here off and on as well.

I feel terrible today. It's a head to toe problem. When it gets cold and damp the body just locks up on me. My shoulders, elbows, hands, back, hips, and feet all chime in for it. They all crack and snap loudly. It makes it difficult to get anything accomplished. What bothers me is that it is more and more often. I am thankful it happened at home.

Mary, I wonder if I need a different doc as well. My GP is a very nice man, but seems to not quite know what to do with me. I think I am the only one he treats for fibro. I don't feel like he can help me after trying for a few years now.

Nancy B, my right clavicle pops and snaps like my knees do. I have a growing bump where it meets my sternum too. It does not give me trouble, it's just uncomfortable. I think for me it's just wear and tear arthritis. Try not to worry too much. I hope you find answers to your issues and that your pain gives you a break.

Mimi, allergies....I feel your pain as of late. With the eyes it gets dangerous, especially when driving. I had a few close calls. Keep allergy meds in your car. I know I repeat things, it what has helped me. I hope you find relief.

The spirit is good and I counted my blessings today. I hope you al have a great, (rest of the) day.

Cory

debrabrooks1960 responded:
Hello everyone!

My back is doing much better today. I think getting a good night's sleep and not having to work today really helped. I got to spend my first whole day with my new puppie. She had only one accident today. I am trying to train her on the blue puppy pee pads while she is in the house (which is working great) and I am taking her out with my other two dogs during the day. It is so funny to watch this littlen puppy trying to play with my lab. So far all the dogs are getting along.

I watched the Dr. Oz show online about FM. It was really good. It did give me hope that more research is being done than I though would be. I hope everyone is having a nice weekend. I am going to see my sister tomorrow. She came home from the hospital Thursday. Take care all and soft hugs to all.

Debbie
Your not over the hill until you are under the hill.

dollbug replied to debrabrooks1960's response:
Hello Debbie....MiMi in NC....so glad to hear that your back is doing better. Pain is for the pits....especially *extra pain* that we have to deal with.

Puppies are so sweet but the house training can be a tough job also. I am glad that she is doing well with it. I know that when I got my last puppy (at 6 weeks old)....for a while I thought *what was I thinking*? or not....but once I accomplished this task....it was all good. He is really very jealous though and I thought this would get better....it didn't....it actually got worse...and I have a major problem because he can NOT stand for anyone to touch his feet....(even the vet can not do the nails)....so this has been a major problem. I had to get his teeth cleaned and they could not even do it then when he was dazed. Perhaps someone might have a suggestion.

Anyway...yes...Dr. Oz did have a good show on FM. I was disappointed though that he did not mention Vitamin D or any vitamins/supplements....which I think is really important...but I guess he can not cover it all.

I do hope your sister is doing well also. I hope her recovery is going to be short. Thoughts and prayers are with you both.

Take care.

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

Helpful Tips

Living Well with Fibromyalgia
Greetings! I have learned patience and a positive attitude is key to my pain management. I developed Fibromyalgia after a hysterectomy in ... More
Was this Helpful?
191 of 208 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.