Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Ugh! One of those days
Pastrygirl04 posted:
Good Morning! I haven't been on this site in quite some time, but I'm having "one of those days" (or should I say one of those months!)....I don't know if it's the wacky weather we've been having here in New England or what, but my FM is going CRAZY! I want to wrap my enitre body in a heating pad because everything aches so badly! The fibro fog is pretty bad lately also. I'm having a lot of trouble concentrating. The hardest part is trying to act like nothing is wrong at work, because no one knows I have FM.

I hope all is well with everyone and thanks for letting me vent!

Gentle hugs to all!

dollbug responded:
Hello Pastrygirl and welcome back...it has been a long time. I am glad you decided to post though. It seems like there are many FMers who join and then for whatever reason disappear....perhaps they are still here *lurking*....I have no idea. It is always good to hear from everyone.

I was *visiting some of the other communities here and I was surprised that some of them no longer have hardly anyone who posts. I guess since the doctors and other special professional guests are no longer on board, people have decided to leave as well.

It is sad when this happens though...as I think a lot of people needs a good support group, especially those of us who are faced with *draggin the dragon* each day...(as Nana B says)...we all have to learn how to dance with the dragon instead and it does take time and effort, plus support from those who actually understand to be able to cope better.

I do hope things will get better for you soon...and yes...I do think the *wacky weather* does affect us, FMers....as other things too such as *stress* and also other illnesses as well.

Take care and I hope you will continue to post when you can.

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

Pastrygirl04 replied to dollbug's response:
Thanks MiMi. I've actually been off and on the board a few times over the years. I've left because it seems to cycle that the board goes through negative cycles with people getting angry with each other or judgemental. To be honest, I just didn't want to deal with it anymore. I did miss many of the gentle souls I met on here though. I posted a few months back and one of the replies was curt and almost rude. The person told me to "do your research before you post a question". So much for support! I decided to try again and I'm glad I got your reply today and not that person.

The stress level has been pretty high for me as well, thanks to work. I know I need to get back into yoga or meditation and that it will help, but I just haven't been able to get up in the morning. It takes all I have lately to get my butt into work!

Oh well, enough whiing for today! I will try to be better about posting more frequently. Hope your day is going well.

Pastrygirl

franr responded:
Hi Pastry girl

So sorry you are feeling lousy ,yes the New England weather is so up and down but that is New England. Try to enjoy the warm sun because you know we are in for a really cold winter. I am sorry you received negative posts. Actually I feel this site has only positive feedback and information. The Yahoo site for fibro is very negative so I resigned because of the attitudes.I know what you mean about not telling anyone about the diagnosis of fibro.They appear to feel bad but they have no clue .Please continue to post I know most of these current members are seasoned fibro members are seasoned members and will give you much encouragement. HUGS Fran

reclaimer replied to franr's response:
I know what you mean.... Bad day for me also. Wife does not understand

Pastrygirl04 replied to franr's response:
Thanks Fran. I'm glad the board is back to positive feelings! I will try to come on more often. Hugs back!

Pastrygirl04 replied to reclaimer's response:
Sorry you're having a tough time.

Helpful Tips

Living Well with Fibromyalgia
Greetings! I have learned patience and a positive attitude is key to my pain management. I developed Fibromyalgia after a hysterectomy in ... More
Was this Helpful?
190 of 207 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.