Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Tuesday ****7/30/2013
dollbug posted:
Morning FMily....MiMi in NC....we had a nice rain free day yesterday. It was a very stressful day though anyway. I hope today is better.

My DD and her DH will have another court day today. It has now been 6 months with lots of money spent and still going. The Judicial System is a network and IF a person happens to get *tangle up in its web*....it is not easy to get out. But I guess this is what makes the world go round...whether it is fair and just or not. I think about this and I know that it could be worse. I have also found out that doing things the *legal way* is not always best either. Sad, but true. I continue to worry about violation of our US Constitutional Rights....little by little, inch by inch, bit by bit they are being taken from us. It makes me really very concerned and yet there is nothing that anyone can really do.

OK...enough on my soapbox today. I do hope everyone had a good night's rest and I hope today will be a good day for us all, with little to no pain.

I want to get some school supplies for my GS this week end...since it is *tax free* and probably the last one that NC will have, according to what has been reported. There are money shortages everywhere. Cutbacks in schools and teachers are not happy.

I was able to find each of my boys some jeans for school. I got them 4 pair (different colors). Children grow up so fast...they do not get much wear out of them. But at least they can hand some of them down.

Welcome to the new members who have joined our FM support group. I am sure that soon each of you will soon find something that will help you cope better. It does takes a trial and error process which does take time and effort. A person should allow at least 6-8 weeks of whatever they decide to try before making a decision as to whether or not it is working. It takes this much time to get the full potential of how it might affect one's pain.

Vitamin D....and Vitamin B.....so important for a lot of people.

News members....speak to your doctor about getting these checked...low levels might be causing extra pain for you. It does take time to get the level back within the *normal range* and the best part about this is that it is a *cheap fix*.

My last comment here is about my GD....the ex told my younger son (who picked her up this past week-end) that when she drops her off she is *happy* and when she returns she is *sad*....the ex thinks we are causing this. I know the answer but I want to see what thoughts anyone might have about this, if you can to provide what you think.

Have a good day and remember to pace, pace and pace even more.

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

rudyandirmouse responded:
Good Tuesday morning MiMi and to all those who follow. I do hope that your today is off to a good start and that your weather will be sunny and nice so you can be out and about enjoying it.

Will make this a very short post today as I have little to post about.

Our weather went cloudy yesterday but no rain. Today will be cloudy later and then rain.. ditto for Wednesday. Every news caster here is saying " Gee doesn't this just feel like a fall day?" Doh... don't want to hear that with August still coming at us and part of September yet to have warm, hot sunny days.

Have no plans for my day. Staying indoors until DH gets home then perhaps a trip out to get a few things at the market. Got my dr appointment in the a.m. done but called and canceled my afternoon one with the foot dr. Just felt to much like a migraine coming on so didn't get behind the wheel. Thinking it was the pressure from the storm clouds over head that made my head hurts so. Even went to bed early and slept thru the night. With another storm on it's way more then likely I'll be down and out tonight as well.

MiMi, I'm really sorry that your DD and husband are still at it with the JS - Ex cop, there in NC. Having heard how the system there worked for your family over the years I'd hope to never get even so much as a traffic ticket there. And I have to be in NC 22ND thru the 25TH.

Okay, going to get my slow day going here. Wishing each of you a good day.. a fibro issue and pain free day .. a stress free day too.

Gentle hugs, Linda R

katmandulou responded:
Happy Tuesday everyone!

Warm and dry here today, a nice change in the weather. I'm so tired of the humidity, it's just not funny. It looks really pretty out, a soft breeze. I'll be out of the house soon enough.

Dasd is still in the nursing home for rehab. He doesn't know what's going on about half the time, and his doc isn't returning calls. I'm concerned that he's not really progressing, his left knee (the one he fell on) and lower legs are terribly swollen. I';m going up after lunch and will try to get some answers.

The project with my client has come to a temporary stop, while we wait for information on the next phase. I'm glad to have the downtime to deal with Dad's issues, but when there's no pay in two weeks I'll be sad.

I'm thinking of teaching knitting again. It didn't pan out last year, so we'll see. I have a space I can use. I have to get Dad back to healthy first.

MiMi, IMHO your GD is happy thinking about returning to her Dad's - and your - loving presence. She gets bummed out about going back to her Mom, who is full of hate. YOU are causing the happiness.

Linda, take care of that migraine. I don't get them, but I hear that cause a lots of 'other' symptoms in other people. I hope it passes quickly.

I wish you all the best day you can possibly have!
Lou

dakotaspirit1957 responded:
Well... Hi All... Such is life... I have been working on my computer all morning because I finally made it here to post and couldn't get a box up first... then when I managed to do that wrote a post and couldn't send it... Now my new wireless key board isn't functioning and I have to pound on these keys... lol... But the mouse got to working fine... lol... didn't need it... Already had one working... lol... So... Here I am pounding away... Or probably going to stutter thru some needed letters... Thank God for spell check... lol...

I am alive and not kicking for my legs are in enough pain... But the added pain I am in is a joy for due to the pain and being relieved from the paralysis I am walking again... Slow as a snail... unless something goes slower... But I am finally after over a month walking...

I am writing a post to describe the rest of it all... I hope some of you will read it... I had it here but got down to almost the last character... lol... So I copied it for a post... Don't need to bore you all here lol...

So... Go read my post... Nice to be back... I hope I can send this... Might make me mad if I can't... lol...

Take care... Love... Jan/Dakota

dollbug replied to dakotaspirit1957's response:
Hello Jan and welcome back....good to see your post. Sorry that you have had so much to deal with recently....I hope you will recover and feel much better soon.

I think it is good that you can go slow....no matter if it is as slow as a snail. I think we all know that everything with us FMers seems to be a process....we just have to figure out how to get past these days...when we are faced with so much.

Take care and good luck.

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

missist replied to dollbug's response:
Hi all..

I'm late to write. . I got a copy of that fibro advocate book in the mail today. Started to read a little. Already found things I wish I'd know earlier.

so--hubby & I discussed it and I cancelled the neurology apt. I'm going to find a doctor closer to home and connected to the hospital closest to us and the neuros and other experts etc.. so decided not to open a new can of worms til I can do it with less stress.

In the meantime I'm going to read when I have time and maybe see if I can find someone that does massage and knows how to deal with trigger points. Also using Esmonde Technique Classical Stretch program from PBS. I can do a few minutes so far. I'm amazed how good I feel afterward, but by evening I"m pretty weak.

obviously need to work on it.

Very happy to notice that I have begun to really seriously lose some edema--apparently it was all over the place and probably has been a long time-- and it was a big part of why I feel so stiff.

So-- I was hoping that maybe that meant I could get away with just a diuretic and not get another BP RX--but took my pressure today --and even though I'm not retaining fluid like I was my pressure has begun to creep up again.

oh well.

did some cleaning today, I've made some sales and need to work on my artwork--but Hubby is coming home tomorrow so I thought I would clean first.
I'll be down in my shop working tomorrow.

Its best I don't sand wood more than one day in a row anyhow--cuz day after I sand a few things my hands are very sore. Best to give them a little time to rest in between.

Well so, that's all. g'nite.

mnjeepguy responded:
Good evening everyone. As I mentioned on Sunday, I had a busy day and a funeral Monday. The service for my aunt was simple and very nice. I was able to see a few people I hadn't in may years and celebrate her life for a moment.

I was very tired the last night and did not get to post. I had to work until 5:30 and was in bed early. I woke in a daze and forgot to take my pill. The day went alright though for me. Unfortunately they fired the second person in two weeks. One pinched his finger and the other could have been seriously injured but was unscathed. Both were seen as a liability to the company and were terminated. We are now all afraid to report any incident for fear of being fired. If we are found negligent in any way we are gone. It doesn't make for the most pleasant environment. I will be there 20 years next month. Things sure have changed.

Mimi, the dog incident reminded me of my hounds. My Beagle always thought it was a fun game and would play chase. I quickly learned to just go home and wait. He always returned in a short time and sat by the door.

I'm trying to get out of the funk I am in the last few days. I just don't feel very good about much. My wife and boys are great. Other aspects are dragging me down. I still did not forget how good I have it and try to be greatful. As it was said, things could be much worse. I'm just in a funk.

I hope you all have a good nights rest and a great day tomorrow. Take care everyone.

Cory

Helpful Tips

For All our new members
Welcome all new members, I want you to understand how important it is to be o.k. with coming here to lift your spirits and release ... More
Was this Helpful?
360 of 387 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.