Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
TGIF****Roll Call ****8/2/2013 ****
dollbug posted:
TGIF....and a good morning to each of you...MiMi in NC where it is going to be a nice day...it is not cloudy right now as the sun is out. The past couple of days have been very painful for me. I have had a lot of right leg pain...unreal. I do not know what is going on. I woke up this am around 3 and I had to take something so I could get back to sleep. I put a heating pad on my knee. I finally got back to sleep and this morning the pain is not as bad.

Here is hoping each of you had a good night's rest and I hope everyone will have a good day with little to no pain.

Welcome to the new members who have joined our FM support group. I am sure that you will soon be able to find something that will help you cope better. It does take time and effort so hang in here with us and learn all you can what others have found that has helped them. You should remember though that we are all different and what helps one may or may not help another.

We have FMers here who are willing to share things about how they manage better each and every day. We all understand exactly what you are dealing with.

Vitamin D and Vitamin Bs....be sure and ask your doctor about checking these for yourself as well. I know just how much this has made such a huge difference for me.

Have a great Friday. Remember to pace, pace and pace even more.

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

rudyandirmouse responded:
Good Friday one and all. I do hope that your day is going well and that you are not dealing fibro issues or pain today.

I am reposting because my first post went into cyber space

MiMi, I am sorry that your are having leg pain/ issues. I hope that your are able to find something to help with the pain. I know when my legs get to hurting nine times out of ten it's fibro so I go get my D3, up my dose for a few days and some times I have to go back on Gabapentin for a week or so until the pain settles down.. So I hope you find that something and you begin to feel better.

Not a lot to post about, great weather today after the fogs burns off. Will be in the 80's today with some clouds thru the day, but over all nice. I'll take it.

Okay, will close this here ...again, wishing each of you a good day, nice weather and no fibro issues or pain to deal with.

Gentle hugs, Linda R

KatmanduLou responded:
TGIF - INDEED!

Cool and sunny here in southeastern MA, 74 now and going to 83, with medium humidity. I'm liking the evenings, which dip into the 60s. We put a fan in the window until I get too cold inside.

Tomorrow is the Pan-Mass Challenge, a bicycle ride through Mass with the aim of raising money for the Dana Farber Cancer Institute. DH is riding his first PMC, and I'm so proud of him! The fundraising has been challenging for him, but I've used my skills on his behalf, and he'll make his goal. 85 miles is a long bike ride, but he's done it in training, so I know he'll be fine!!

My Dad is still in the nursing home getting rehab, and the doc said he might be able to go home next week. DH and I will be on vacation (a coincidence, really) but my brother will keep us informed. as long as Dad can walk, even with the walker, and take care of himself, he'll be okayed.

I've even been working! Gotta remember to send my client a bill today. The work is north of me, Dad is east, and you cxan't get to one from the other easily.

As a result I've had a lot of symptoms the past couple of weeks, and haven't been sleeping very well. With vacation coming, I'm hoping to get a lot of rest! I haven't been knitting as much this year,and I usually do that to relax. Hmmm, I'll have to make myself pick up the needles and see if that's why I'm not able to relax!

I'm off to get a few things done. I will you all the best day - and the best weekend - you can possibly have!
Lou

dakotaspirit1957 responded:
Hi All... It is beautiful here... A breezy 95*... I don't know how much warmer it is getting today but I relish the time I have had this morning... I wrote a message as another catch up... Very positive... I just feel great mentally today... Physically... Well... Let's Not go there lol... Sometimes I find it better to try to ignore what my body has to say... lol... And gripping only makes my positive attitude falter in my mind sometimes... lol... So today... That is all I will mention about it lol...

I have grippe little grandchildren today... No one wants to share... everyone has attitude... they are fussy... attitudinal... slamming doors... bouncing up and down throwing fits... throwing things that aren't to be thrown...

long time out... many I am sorry's... and now after the mess they threw about is cleaned up... One is playing on the swing and one is back to attitude for she claims she can't find her shoes... Which she had on earlier... mmm.. Gonna be one of those days...

Well... I am off to NFL/hall of fame.com... gonna read and play and browse and shop... Fun for my day today... I am so excited my football is back... Even if it is just training camp...

We switched from satellite to cable and I found a Channel that has college football almost 24/7... And I am in 7th Heaven... lol...Trying to guess the next NFL prospects... I am just a football nut... worse then fanatic... lol...

Take Care... Luv... Jan/Dakota

BetteK responded:
MiMi, Gosh I hope the heating pad and meds helped. Losing sleep is the pits. It makes it so hard to actually LIVE the next day as opposed to going through the motions.

DH has been having dizzy spells. He went to doc on Monday and was asked to come back today (Fri.). I had every intention of going with him--two sets of ears being better than one. Of course, the fibro and it's cousins had other ideas. All night long my hands were throbbing. It felt like they'd been caught in a car door or something. No sleep whatever. And no meds either in preparation for the removal of that electronic nerve stimulator on the 16th. Heat didn't do a thing. I was so desperate I tried cold. Nothing but more pain.

Hope we both have better days and some sleep tonight!

BetteK

ajnsmom responded:
Hi Everyone,

Wow I guess I wasn't the only one having trouble sleeping last night. I think I finally drifted off around 1:30 or 2:00. I think I'll sleep better tonight, staying up a little later than normal so here's hoping...

I hope all of you have a great weekend!

Linda S.

Wolfsong452 replied to ajnsmom's response:
I was up and down all night,

ha ha!

didn't get to sleep till after 10 am this morning.

playing a funny on everyone,

I worked last night from 10 pm, till 6 am,

ah ha, so of course I didn't get any sleep.

came home went to sleep around 8 am, had to get up and do a pet sit at 11 am, went back to bed at 2 pm, had to get up again for a different pet sit at 5 pm, then came home again and went to sleep until 9 pm,

now I'm sitting here at my security job, till 6 am again.

I have to do a pet sit at 7 am, again at 5 pm,

but other than that I can get more straight sleep.

ex-hubby will come over not sure the time, I have to let him know about the 5 pm pet sit.

we were planning on power washing a rug I have along with my patio and some outside other stuff.

this up and down sleeping is killing me, but I won't give up these pet sits.

Some have been with me for 15 yrs.

so, FM pain and everything else, is just going to have to SLEEP ON IT!

I've told myself, NO PAIN! I won't put up with it.

though I do have my usual pains, knees, left shoulder, left forearm.

getting meniscus surgery on the Aug. 13, hopefully that will eliminate one of the pains.

lets hope, as of today, I've borrowed a cane to help me walk while I"m on patrol at work. Don't want to fall down.

I can usually walk good one day, but then the next one is pain filled. Can't cheat on my patrols!

they have to be done.

later gaters! I will be awake all night!

Helpful Tips

Living Well with Fibromyalgia
Greetings! I have learned patience and a positive attitude is key to my pain management. I developed Fibromyalgia after a hysterectomy in ... More
Was this Helpful?
179 of 196 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.