Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Saturday - 8/3/2013 ****
dollbug posted:
Morning FMily....what a week it has been for me. MiMi in NC...and I am having major issues with my right leg, especially the knee. I ended up going to the doctor yesterday and I told me DH that I thought I was wasting my time and energy going. I have no idea what happened to my leg. I woke up and my ankle was swelled and I had extreme pain in my knee....could hardly put any weight on it at all. I elevated my leg for a couple of days and thought this would take care of it...the ankle did go back down but the knee pain continued to increase. So as I sat explaining this to the doctor (not my normal doctor either)...I could tell she did not have any answers. I did use heat on it and she said no more heat....I need ICE...my body does NOT like ice/cold period.

OK...so I am to let them know IF it gets worse...she is going to make me an appointment for more tests. This is the knee that I injured back in the 80's and have had 4 knee surgeries on it. Neither knee is good. So this is NOT a good thing for me to have to deal with.

Other than this I guess things are ok...it has been dry for a couple of days in my area...but hot, just not as hot as it has been...so that is a good thing.

News is good on the new baby...I continue to hope and pray though that this baby will be ok. They did another ultrasound and the kidneys seem to be ok. A lot of stress about something that seems like someone jumped on too soon. Medical technology is good but sometimes I think some people look too hard trying to see things that perhaps are not there.

This week-end is our last *tax free week-end* in NC. Cutbacks have taken any future ones away. This helps a lot of people especially buying school supplies and clothes...even computers can be purchased without tax...which is a good savings.

Welcome to the new members who have joined our FM support group...and to those who have returned. Good to have each of you back. I hope things have been going well for everyone.
For the new members please check out the info under *tips* and *resources* and be sure and review the *member toolbox* as well.

I am sure that soon each of you will find something that will help you cope better. This group is open to any questions and/or discussions on things that might help you cope better.

Vitamins and supplements work for me. Again Vitamin D and Vitamin Bs....so important for a lot of people these days. Low Vitamin D can cause some of us to have additional pain and it can also affect other illnesses as well. I have just recently found that P5P has been a valuable tool for my lower back pain. P5P is a *processed form (capsule) of Vitamin B 6 and it has helped my back pain ten fold. I am still not exactly understand why but at this time I really do not care...since I happen to know it is easing my pain level.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it on this Saturday in August. Here is hoping everyone has a good day with little to no pain.

Remember to pace, pace and pace even more.

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

booch007 responded:
Morning Mimi and fmily,

Mimi first the knees...be sure that you are wearing a good insole support. When I have strained the knee and it is yelling at me, I look back at what i had on the day before and it is always the shoe I picked. I have gotten rid of them. I have those shoes with arch supports that can straighten me in a day.

Oh I hate the knee yelling. I am so sorry. Elevating the leg up taxed the knee for me too I had to pillow it, to support a good angle. It sucks to get old!!

Good news on the baby...may it all be perfect for you. We are coasting with our isues, no sense to worry till we meet her and see what God has given us. "She will be a gift: I am sure!

This week was tough I hate working Mondays and want that back soon......every Monday is a problem day, people are in bad moods coming off from the weekend...ughhhhhh.

This Monday this is what I found. I had asked that the Urology suite be buffed and waxed over the weekend to get him up and running! WELL...the idiots ripped the power cord out of the 13,000.00 O R TABLE!! I have a dead O R Table and could kill them.

I got the rep and had it repaired by Thursday but HOLY MOLY....you didn't pick up the cords from the floor? They also got wax all over the foot rest in the Ultrasound room. This position is full of fires to be put out, answers to be found and smilling** no matter what,

I have to get a balance in this. I am coming down to the wire in the construction and can focus to the policies that need writing.
My body is better but there are still the ups and downs that we face. I am exhausted and loking for a day off soon. It has been full steam since March..........whew...

My plan is to be clinical for 2 days a week then I have a mix of chair and patients and can get a feel of the issues facing the staff. Don't know yet how I will follow Urology from a distance....but time will tell.

OK that is my story for this weekend. The GC go to DISNEY next week with their other grandparents. So we practiced talking of the princesses and charecters they will see there and the rides they have. I hope it is not too hot. My biggest fear for them, they over heat so easy. CRAZY that they picked now to go*... CRAZY....

Good day to all, raininghere but supposed to clear. I have a big list of projects to keep me busy today, so time will fly.......
Low pain day all, Nancy B

mnjeepguy responded:
Good morning everyone. It is going to be a beautiful day today here, low to mid 70's with a breeze. It is the kayak festival this weekend so that should be a hit. I have thought about getting a couple some day for leisure paddling on some of the small inland lakes. I have a friend at work with three of them who is willing to take Christine and I out to try them. I may take her up on that. I have a canoe but it is heavy and I am not always up to taking it out.

I had a long grueling week at work. As mentioned earlier, another person was fired the other day. The fear of reporting an injury or incident has been reinstated in our workplace. The corporation is very serious about safety and takes things to extremes. If someone is hurt and found in any way responsible for what happened, (the human factor), they are fired. There is no lighter punishment. I have managed to make it 20 years there, I hope my luck and caution keep me safe. Good paying jobs don't grow on trees here.

Mimi, sorry your knee is bothering you. Mine come and go. I have been lucky that they have not been bad this summer. I had surgery at 30 on one of them and they both have a lot of wear and tear from the factory floor. I am loose jointed and that increases the rate of wear. It sounds like your old injuries are haunting you, either another tear or just not enough cartilage left. I hope it feels better.

I woke in a flare with allergies popping in for a visit too. I have e been lucky that it hasn't been constant this season. It has been very sporadic. I'm guessing it will rain tomorrow by what the body is telling me.

We went to my sisters to celebrate my youngest niece's first birthday. Little Signe is a sassy, adorable girl. It was nice to see the family together for a celebration.

I am worried about my brother. He is slipping downward. I have to have a talk with him soon. He has alcohol issues that are getting worse. I fear he is on the same path as my father. Not a good one to take at all. Alcoholism runs rampant in our genes.

On a lighter note, life is good here today. I don't always feel this way, but I will take every good day I get. The body is cranky but the spirit is good. Day by day....

I hope you all have a great day. Take care everyone.

Cory

rudyandirmouse responded:
Good Saturday everyone. I hope the sun is out where you are, none here right now , and that you are feeling well and can be out enjoying it.

It's over cast here and some pop up showers expected during the day. Not a washout but uh, not so nice. Since have little to post about I will make this post a short one.

MiMi, your knee sounds like my right knee. 5 operations on it over the past 12 years. Repeated spraining of it with new shoes that I didn't know would throw it out of whack.. and the foot and ankle followed by getting painful and swollen. Had to go to a foot dr to have the ankle and foot wrapped. NO fun. I do hope that you are able to in some way help the swelling go down and get the pain level down as well.
And am so glad to hear the news about the soon to arrive little girl. Good news, Yes.

Nancy, yikes sounds awful. How could a cleaning crew, having done the offices before, do such a thing? Clearly you shouldn't have had to ' repair ' the damage. I am so sorry that you
had to deal with that.
Sorry that the past months have been so rough, but you're down to the wire with the house. This is good.
And as for the GC going to Disney. Which one? If Orlando, it's 4 big parks, lots to do. If Disneyland, Anaheim, 2 parks, not as much to do, but fun nonetheless. I take my GC and their parents once a year for a long 5 day family weekend on us. ( we have a Disney time share. ) And getting the little ones ready is always fun. The girls get all things princess.. the boys want all things Pirate. The girls dress up in princess dresses for breakfasts with the Cast Members early at the park and then wear other costumes for the parks in the day time. I call my youngest GD Tink so she goes as Tinker Bell for day. Cute but so expensive.

I guess I'll close this here with wishes that you each have a wonderful day. I hope that you do not have to deal with pain of any kind and the you have no fibro issues either.
Gentle hugs, Linda R

dollbug replied to rudyandirmouse's response:
Hello Linda R....I did not know you have had a lot of knee issues as well. Actually I have had 4 surgeries over the years....as my accident happened back in the early 80's at the Atlanta Airport....yep....it was a very long time ago....around the same time they got the people mover going....I often wonder just how many more accidents there have been on it. I have no idea this time what has caused all of the pain in it....until it is just worn out completely this time.

Thanks for sharing our wonderful news....but I did want to say that we do not know what the baby is yet....I think Nana B. is having the granddaughter and already knows.
I sure hope hers arrives and is ok as well. So much going on right here with everyone. I know just how hard it is to keep up.

Has anyone heard from angelswife....I hope things are going well with them. I miss seeing and hearing from her.

Take care and have a good week-end.

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

rudyandirmouse replied to dollbug's response:
Hi MiMi, I misread your post. Thought I read girl in there somewhere. But, again I am glad that the baby is doing well now and that's such a blessing.

As for knees: I hope that your knee gets to feeling better.

As for my left knee I hurt it a fall two decades ago and have had 5 surgeries on it. Have 3 pin in left leg and have had the tendons moved and tied in the last surgery. My knee hurts as we speak the pressure from the storm here must be bothering it. I hurt so bad some days MiMi I could just cry.

I have had rehab on it many times the last time I took 8 weeks of it to avoid surgery and surprise.. it worked and what ever it was went away. But having said that my right knee is in no better shape and the doctor wants to operate on it. File that under OHN or Now way No how. It's works, doesn't pain me often and by golly I'm so done with knee surgeries put a fork in me.

You know I hurt my left knee getting off the Monorail at the Contemporary Hotel back in 2005. I went down to Disneyworld a couple of weeks after one of the knee surgeries and twisted it. OMG did I let out a cry of pain. Everyone near me looked to see what happened. I smiles and said hurt my knee. And it got to hurting so bad after I got home I went in to see the doctor and yeah I had to have surgery on it two weeks later. NO I didn't go after Disney.. my fault for stepping off to quickly.

Anyway I hope so much you begin to feel better.. you are so special to all of us that I just hate to read that you are not feeling well or are in pain. A DEAR FRIEND really so I hope you are able to find something that will help with your knee pain. I use heat or cold which you can't so my suggestion is not helpful..
Gentle <<< HUGS >>> to you, Linda R

franr responded:
Hi Folks
So sorry everyone is having knee pain.I guess the older we get the more pain we experience. Mimi maybe you need an MRI to get to the route of the problem.I too now have a retear of my rotator cuff. I had surgery on it back in 05. Developed bone spurs and this cause a retear. Now I am doing the PT bit we will see.I guess I can bear anything these days after the terrible winter I experienced. Once you get a diagnosis that is the major hurdle you can tried to work through it. Hope all is going well this summer,Lord knows this is a busy one for me..Hugs..Fran

Helpful Tips

~FM TIPS - LIVING W/ FM - TOOLBOX ~WELCOME NEWCOMMERS~
Welcome to Our FMily! My name is MeMe, I'm an FM suffer of 19 years, along with autoimmune diseases & other conditions. ... More
Was this Helpful?
463 of 538 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.