Skip to content
Monday, Monday....8/5/2013 ****
dollbug posted:
Morning FMily....it is going to be a nice cooler day....(compared to what the temps have been) 80*....it is now 65*....if only it could be around 65* for a while....not too hot, just right. I can always dream.

I have had a rough week-end....lots of knee pain. I hope to have my MRI sometimes this week. I still have no clue what has happened to my right knee....since it is my injured knee from many years ago I can not even believe the pain I have had....as it hurts to put any weight on the leg at all. I hope someone can figure this out for me. It seems to always be one thing or another.

I do hope everyone had a good week-end and was able to caught up on your rest. I hope we all have a good Monday today....with little to no pain.

Welcome to the new members who have joined our support group. I am sure that each of you will soon find something that will help you cope better. It does take time and effort to find out what might work. So hang in here with us and learn all you can about facing the wrath of the dragon every day.

Vitamin D....this is my favorite *tool*, along with my P5P that I continue to mention. Low Vitamin D can cause some people to have additional pain and it can also affect other illnesses as well....so new members should do their own research and also speak to their doctor about getting their level checked. Hopefully the medical world will soon make checking this part of the normal bloodwork that they doctors do. Some doctors have indeed figured out that Vitamin D is important and should be checked....but you should *ASK* the doctor if yours has been checked.

That's it for today.

Remember to pace, pace and pace even more.

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

BetteK responded:
Good Morning back at you, MiMi and all who follow. I'm sure you are counting the days until you get some answers to whatever is causing your knee to hurt so much.

I had to smile at your response to a "cool" 80 degrees. Western New York is quite a lot cooler than your area. We had our mandatory brushes with 90 and muggy for three weeks in July. We have some individual days that get above 80, too, but most summer days are mid 70's (although we were in the 60's over the weekend). Of course, we also get those -20 mornings most winters! Enjoy your beautiful day no matter the temp.

Hubby had his usual bunch of men over for Sunday dinner. I put the fresh ham in the oven. I started the vegetables a few hours later. Then I went back to bed. (Yes, I know. It's bad to spend too much time in bed. It's also bad manners to stay in bed when you have company for dinner. But, I did not invite anyone. I did not feel up to sitting. Bad days are bad days.)

When you are younger, you have family responsibilities. You have to care for your children. You have to maintain your home. You have to cook dinner. You probably have to work outside your home--just to have a home and food to cook for your family. And you fulfill those responsibilities lovingly despite your fibro.

I feel that I have the right at almost 70 to decide how to spend my precious energy resources. Call it women's lib. Call it being a crotchety old witch (spelled with a b). I call it reasonable and fair. I am retired from placing the needs of others first 24/7. On good days, I will consider it. On bad days, I am going to come first.

What a rant! Thank you for being patient (or not) with me.

BetteK

missist replied to BetteK's response:
Good morning Mimi, Bettek, and all to follow. I've been mainly offline for the weekend. Hubby was home, finally got his old boat in the water! So we got to ride out and see our little lake beyond the island in front of us. It is so beautiful! I loved our little ride.

Had kids over a lot, fed the all a few suppers and now I can take it easy and just do my own work for the next couple weeks.

I have some wedding orders to take care of in my etsy shop and am in the midst of also pruning some shrubs and starting some cuttings and thinking still... seriously about just giving our small flea market in town a try this weekend--see if I can sell things. I went to a really big one with the kids--too much for me-- I think I like the little one better, probably more lucrative to sell at the big one but I'm a slow placing gal.

I've got a watering can full of pretty cherry red crape myrtle suckers--that I want to root, and I have a bunch of popalo a Mexican herb I got at the flea market--i was thinking of trying to root it but haven't found any info on that online--i'm not sure it will take--but think I'll try some & find out.

My dawgs are gonna miss Daddy. We took them out on our boat too--just for a short time.

I'm living with a nagging headache for the past week--but seems to be bearable enough.
I don't know if its sinus or migraine? but i do know it doesn't seem to leave.

well I am determined to enjoy life anyhow. Why not?

Picture of our 'not so spendy old boat' at our new dock on my blog today: http://pokeberrypatch.blogspot.com/

so quiet here today!
Mary

dollbug replied to missist's response:
Hello Mary.....thanks for the link to see your dock and boat....very nice....I am sure that you both will enjoy the water now....and I am sure the children will also enjoy riding in the boat as well. I see you have a bench to also sit down on the dock. What a nice place to have to just relax and enjoy the sun and the water both.

I know you have talked about ducks....are there any other animals there? I know some of the lakes here have Swans on them and Herons as well. The Herons are such BIG beautiful birds.

We have frogs and toads....which are really very LOUD....there is water in the back of the truck and they like to hang out there. My GS wanted to *see* them one night when he heard them...and it was so funny....my son picked him up and they had a flash light and were able to spot them...there were 2. They got very quiet though when the light hit them.

Funny how some things happen.

I hope you will feel better soon. You were speaking about a headache....have you changed any of your vitamins and supplements that might be causing it?

Take care.

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

missist replied to dollbug's response:
Hi Mimi..
Well I lowered my antideprssant and added vitamin b1. Hmm.. dunno. Im hoping it will go away soon. its been days.

We do have a lot of wildlife here. Herons yes, and geese and snake bird-- a type of cormorant, all the usual carolina song birds. a white egret or crane--looks like heron but pure white. A bald eagle! We saw it once only. lots of turtles in the water and frogs of course. A river otter has been here sometimes. i watched the geese have babies and grow up-- they are gone now perhaps some other place on the lake? every day there is something to see.

Thank you for asking.
Mary

missist replied to missist's response:
I took the antidepressant dose full strength at dinner and my headache is actually lifting. so that must have been it. Thank you Mimi.

debrabrooks1960 responded:
Happy Monday to all!
I am trying to type with my new puppy refusing to leave my chesr area. She finds it interesting to watch me type, She is turning into a momma's girl! I took her to the vet. She is park Yorkie and part some other terrror. She weighs 3.7 pounds. I wnt to thank everyone for the advise on how to train her. We are going on the 3rd day with no accidents! She is getting use to her crate. She will cry a little at first but then she goes right to sleep. It is so hot here in forth Florida. Feels like temp around 110. It makes it very hard to be outside. We are still getting rain everyday. I guess that is better than having a dought.
The water was turned off at work all day. I had to leave early so I could find a restroom. I sure hope it will be back on tomorrow.
Take care all and sweet dreams tonight.

Debbie Lewis
Your not over the hill until you are under the hill.

mnjeepguy responded:
Good evening everyone. It is cool here today. I think we maybe hit 65 today. The cool air was welcome. We have thunderstorms on the way and I can feel it. We need the rain so I don't mind.

I was cutting kindling the other evening with my hatchet and lanced my thumb pretty good. I am a very cautious person who rarely injures himself, but I must have not paid close enough attention that moment. I took the corner of my nail off and have a very tender thumb for a while. I'm laughing at myself trying to type with a bum right thumb and a left wrist brace. The wrist IS on the mend though.

I'm trying to keep my thoughts positive at work. There are a lot of personnel changes on the way. I'm sure it will all be fine, just crazy for a it until the dust settles.

Debbie, I'm glad the puppy training is going better. I know how much fun it can be. They are worth the effort to have a nice companion for many years.

Mary, that's a great little boat. It sounds like a nice place to relax and hang out with nature.

BetteK, I think your dealing with things the right way. I hope you feel better.

Mimi, I hope you get answers from your MRI.

Sleep well and take care everyone.

Cory

fibroinsd responded:
a late monday night...I am tired, so will just do some reading..talk to you soon

cece
Let's put the fun back in dysfunctional !- Mary Englebright

Helpful Tips

~FM TIPS - LIVING W/ FM - TOOLBOX ~WELCOME NEWCOMMERS~
Welcome to Our FMily! My name is MeMe, I'm an FM suffer of 19 years, along with autoimmune diseases & other conditions. ... More
Was this Helpful?
465 of 540 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.