Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
tummy issues :(
joyk569 posted:
hi everyone. my name is joy and i would love some advice on myvtummy issues.
it starts the same every time. severe stomach and ab cramping and nasty sulfur burps. about 2-3 hrs in the cramping is so intense i start vomiting and dirraeha. the vomit is yellow bile like with the nasty sulfur taste ad smell. truly embarrassing. then about 24 hrs later it subsides.
i have acid reflux but it seems like i am brushed off when i suggest anything else. i had scope into my stomach and that looked ok.

usually these episodes are about 8-10 wks apart but only about 1-2 wks now. so tough with two boys and a job that is already cutting my hrs and growing less and less understanding
dont knkw if i have fibro. but i noticed some symptons that related and i am looking for anything that can help. thnx in advance.for any advice! am am

missist responded:
Hi.. When I was younger, in my 20s mainly I suddenly began to have what they called 'spastic colon' later it was called IBS, another thing that fibro goes along with.

I had never had that sort of thing til then. Suddenly I had pain so bad i literally went to the ER and it did recurr quite a few times--but then disappeared.

I remember they gave me something that was very relaxing--at the ER it was 'bella donna coctail' ?

at home it was something else--cannot remmeber except that it would knock me out.

My youngest son had the same issues now that he is in his 20s-- has happened to him a few times and i think they treat him with a very potent antihistamine--which knocks him out mostly and relaxes him.

So I am thinking--it relaxes the colon too? or the nervous system?

I don't think 'intense cramping' is a reflux symptom--however reflux can go along with ibs or spastic colon.

As for reflux--I do get that if I'm not careful--with what I eat in the evening. I find eating an apple really amazingly knocks that out.

But I really think your problem sounds more like the way fibro can knot up your gutts-- I believe because it can just make the nervous system over stimulate your colon, esophagus, etc.

If my hunch is right-- benadryl might actually help a little. plus an apple maybe.
Also don't eat any chocolate or heavy foods-- there's probably a list someplace - in the evening.

When I was younger I had a lot of times when I would take benadryl as part of a diy treatment for the headaches and muscle spasm I'd have. It would relax my nerves I think so I could feel better after a nap.

missist replied to missist's response:
also-- this is of course just my experience-- not 'medical advice'. It helped me.

missist replied to missist's response:
here is a link about the belladonna thing: http://www.drugs.com/mtm/belladonna.html

I guess there is a party drink that goes by that name now--that is NOT what I was talking about. LOL..

Helpful Tips

~FM TIPS - LIVING W/ FM - TOOLBOX ~WELCOME NEWCOMMERS~
Welcome to Our FMily! My name is MeMe, I'm an FM suffer of 19 years, along with autoimmune diseases & other conditions. ... More
Was this Helpful?
460 of 535 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.