Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Tuesday **** 8/6/2013 ****
dollbug posted:
Morning FMily....MiMi in NC....where my knee is not quite as sore as it has been. I have used the ice pak off and on and I am trying to keep my leg elevated. My MRI is scheduled for next Wednesday. I can only hope that it will show what is going on with it. I think that perhaps I need to get another injection in it or a series of injections. I guess I will have to go to another doctor once the MRI is done so they can tell me what is going on with it and what I can do. I still have no idea what caused this. Perhaps I did something to my knee while I was sleeping which caused this.

We had a few scattered showers yesterday and the same is predicted for today and actually for the next several days here. They are saying we might get another inch and a half of rain to add to the bucket of rain that we have received this year. There has not been any shortage of rain for sure this year.

Debbie, I am glad that your puppy is learning the ropes of house training. It does take puppies time....and I am sure you will have many years of enjoyment with her. Dogs can be a lot of company.

I hope everyone will have a good day today....I know that a lot of us have all sorts of *issues* that we are dealing with. I have certainly had my share.

Welcome to the new members who have joined our support group. I am sure that each of you will soon find something that will help you cope better soon. Everything with dealing with the wrath of the dragon does require a process which does take time and effort. What works for one person may or may not work for another....so hang in there and learn about what others do that has helped them cope. I know that a heating pad and Stopain Spray are 2 good tools that I have and can use when I am not feeling like I want to. Drinking lots of water every day and keeping myself on a schedule of sorts also helps.

We, FMers, must keep on keeping on until we figure out what works for us.....that will ease the pain and help us cope better.

Vitamin D....again I want to say that everyone should speak to the doctor about getting the Vitamin D level checked....which is important to a lot of people these days. Low Vitamin D can cause additional pain and it can also affect other illnesses as well.

Have a good day and remember to pace, pace and pace even more.

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

mnjeepguy responded:
It certainly is quiet here tonight. I hope everyone is doing okay. I am watching the neat clouds roll by from a storm just south of us. They had tornado warnings down there as well. We are lucky here, as the big lake makes tornados very rare.

The weather has affected the way I feel today so we did not get our walk this evening. My body likes to surprise me with new things every so often. Like the latest pains in my left big toe. The right has been trouble for years, now the left chimes in. My right hip gave out today and almost sent me to the floor. I caught my breath and moved around. It was now just a dull pain. I don't get it, but at least I will never get bored. Lol!

The spirit is good. It is my youngest Aden's birthday today. He had a great day and mom took the day off to be with him. He is an amazing little man. It still surprises me how fast time goes by. Enjoy all the little things in life.

There isn't much else going on here. Things are good today. Take care everyone.

Cory

BetteK replied to mnjeepguy's response:
Cory,

It's great that Aden had a super birthday. I'm sure the best part was having Mom all to himself all day!

Sorry about your toe. Could it be gout? If so, there is treatment for that. Don't laugh, but that's what's in my neck. No big, fat, wine-swilling, middle-aged man with his leg up on the ottoman, just one old lady with a gouty cervical spine.

Hope that the mess at work smooths out soon for you. Stress is a major problem for all of us. Instant flare; just add pain.

BetteK

dollbug replied to mnjeepguy's response:
Hello Cory....sorry that you are not feeling better. I do hope things improve for you today. I think we, FMers, can always count on *interesting surprises* on how we feel. I know that nothing actually surprises me any more. I might go to sleep feeling ok and wake up completely different. I do not think I will ever understand how the wrath of the dragon can actually affect us in so many ways. It seems like everything turns into a process that we must figure out what to do in order to deal with it.

I am glad that your son had a great birthday. Time does pass by quickly. Children grow up so fast. And the older one gets the faster it seems to fly.

Take care.

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

Helpful Tips

~FM TIPS - LIVING W/ FM - TOOLBOX ~WELCOME NEWCOMMERS~
Welcome to Our FMily! My name is MeMe, I'm an FM suffer of 19 years, along with autoimmune diseases & other conditions. ... More
Was this Helpful?
447 of 521 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.