Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Hump Day ****8/7/2013 ****
dollbug posted:
What day is it? What day is it? Does anyone know? That's right...it is hump day. I love the commercial about this....with the camel walking around saying this. Middle of the week....and August is moving right along. Hard to believe that soon school will start....actually I think some of the schools are starting next week.

MiMi in NC where it is cloudy again today with chances of some rain showers off and on. Gosh, there has been NO shortage of water this year. It has been quite an interesting summer. I guess we needed the rain though. But enough is enough....time for another break I think.

So I do hope everyone had a good night's rest and I hope today will be a good day for us all with little to no pain.

Welcome to the new members who have joined our FM support group recently. I am sure that soon each of you will find the right combination of tools that will improve your quality of life in dealing with the wrath of the dragon, aka FM.

Vitamin D....be sure and speak to your doctor about having your level checked. Low Vitamin D can cause additional pain for some people and it can also affect other illnesses as well. I have also found that P5P improved my lower back pain. I am still not quite sure why....but I know that it works. I am so very thankful that I tried this and I hope it will continue to work from now on. P5P is a processed form (capsule) of Vitamin B 6....(I think it helps nerves)

I am still having issues with my right knee but it has improved. I will go next week for the MRI on it. I still have no idea what caused it to act up. Rest and ice has helped.

That's all folks. Remember to pace, pace and pace even more.

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

missist responded:
Good Hump Day Morning Mimi & all to come..

We too are still getting rain. Good grief eh? Yesterday I had to get my daughter out here to show me how to manually get the bilge pump going on our boat--for some reason it wasn't working properly and with all the rain we got again yesterday I had to climb in the boat & start and stop the pump a couple times so it wouldn't be full of water.

This morning is clouded over again... or still?

wrote a little post about mayflies and stuff on my blog here:
http://pokeberrypatch.blogspot.com/

I'm enjoying being a 'layer or so' less stiff since I dropped my blood pressure pill. Amazing how every little bit helps out.
I usually never go down stairs early in the morning as it is hard to get back up--but this morning wasn't bad at all. Tomorrow I see current Dr to find out what the new plan for blood pressure will be, I'm sure I'll have a new RX-- like many fibro folks I have a hard time finding the right RX as I have so many sensitivities.

After I get the BP under control again I am still seriously thinking I will look for a new dr--but I guess I will not make that decision this week probably. I have a few directions in mind-but it is hard to choose.

I'm still reading through The Fibromyalgia Advocate by Devin Starlanyl-- its something I need to take in slowly--as most books are these days. I am very interested in it.

She reccomends a diet called The Zone--I am blessed to have a daughter who works in a used book store--and she got me a copy of The Zone Collection for free! It has 3 Zone books in one.

So need to read that too.
Also busy on my etsy shop. Nice to have wedding orders coming in. I'm trying to 'live on' my Etsy shop & re-selling $ during the time Hubby is gone--usually 10-14 day stretches. It would help a lot with stretching his income if I can do it. So far this is working out OK. I can cover my gas and groceries. I'd like to get to where I can pay some bills too-- perhaps if my income were steady it would be easier for him to find a lower paying job and come home full time? dunno-- its something to shoot for anyhow, even if it doesn't happen to work out.

Well anyhow hope you all enjoy your day!
Mary

fibroinsd responded:
Morning..

it is a nice day here today...so sorry so many have had such a rainy summer..especially N. Carolina...seems like I am always hearing of rain there...and a friend in Missouri was showing pictures of flooding yesterday...and then there are places that could really use the rain..seems like we need intercontinental water pipes moving water from places getting too much rain to places that need the rain...

my sister and her family are in town. Her husband took the boys to disneyland today...can't believe they got up and went this morning, after driving down from Northern California yesterday..that is way too much time in the car ! Hope they have a great day...I wish they had planned it out more with us..we might have been able to go along if they had gone tomorrow...but they are on their own schedule. I told my sister to just have a quiet day and I would check in with her tomorrow when the family is back. I know she wants to have some meeting about my mom's alzheimers...but I don't know how that is suppose to happen..

Hard to believe summer is almost over...it will be back to school for me in a week...(work-school) and then back to college to get my special ed credential in two weeks..it sounds exhausting and not sure how I will do it..

my neck does feel a little better..I have another physical therapy appointment tomorrow...

Mary...keep us informed on how that diet thing works...Hope the etsy business works good for you...I wasn't aware of that kind of business..had to google it..sounds like a good place to try...hope it works out..

Cory...wanted to comment on yesterday's toe comment from you...I had bunion surgery on one foot...which didn't do any good..as after all that it just went back the way it was..except that now my other foot has a worse bunion problem than it did before...I swear...if we could all just have decent feet....life would be much easier..

oh yes...I guess I should keep you up on family news...my DD has broken up with her boyfriend...who moved home to his parents house....which happens to be right next door to us...(that is how they met)... so that is a bit awkward right now...It is sad...but probably for the best...hope they both get through this tough time ok..Looks like he got the dog...

cece
Let's put the fun back in dysfunctional !- Mary Englebright

dollbug replied to fibroinsd's response:
Hello cece, sounds like you have a lot on your plate too. Yep.....short summer and it is about over.....well, a few more weeks still. But mercy...this rainy weather...has been something else. I can not even imagine have to work and go to school too. I sure hope you will make this work, without too much of a problem.

I hope your neck will recover soon....as I have been there done that...in the past...it is really a *pain in the neck, no joke*...lol

I hope things go well with your sister about your folks...I guess I had it good since there are 4 of us but the others never came around...so I was on my own. (there are some families like this you know) ...I have to smile though as 2 of them did come to my dad's funeral...and they complained about how the funeral was conducted. (Some people complain anyway).

I can not even imagine living beside neighbors who are/were that close...I am sure it does get awkward...for both of the families. But you know, it is what it is...there is not much you can do.

Glad to hear from you. Take care.

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

mnjeepguy responded:
Good evening everyone. It is another quiet night here. I had a long day as I usually do on Wednesday. I worked an 11 today. On a good note everything went pretty well. It does take a toll on me but I have had worse days.

Next week I have to cover a shift mechanic for the first time. I work 12hr nights Monday thru Thursday. This is the shift I did for many years. I have been lucky enough to avoid it for a long time. I will get the full pay while I cover, and they promise I will get it full time soon. There is no better time for me to receive the last $1.56 raise for full millwright pay. It will help with the DW going to school full time soon.

I get to go Jeeping next weekend with the Club and some friends for an event at a nearby park. We will camp one night and wheel the next day, have dinner and head home. It should be a lot of fun, and I could use it.

Mimi, you guys are getting rain like we were getting snow over winter and spring. It never seemed to end. I hope it dries up for you.

Mary, your right, every little bit helps. A layer less stiff sounds good.

Cece, If we all had good feet It would likely help it's way up the body and everything would be a little better. Wouldn't that be nice? Dare to dream...I am due for new work boots. I wised up the last few times and bought better work boots. Just good footwear helps some.

I hope you all sleep good tonight and that you wake feeling better. I know how that doesn't always hold true for us. Take care everyone.

Cory

Helpful Tips

Living Well with Fibromyalgia
Greetings! I have learned patience and a positive attitude is key to my pain management. I developed Fibromyalgia after a hysterectomy in ... More
Was this Helpful?
188 of 205 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.