Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
TGIF****8/9/2013****Roll Call
dollbug posted:
TGIF****Today starts our week-end with my GD. I am sure she it happy that it is Friday and her time to spend tonight with her dad and her cousins. I have to a laugh when I think about her mom telling my son that she drops my GD off happy and she is returned mad/sad....and the ex thought someone here was causing this. Every time I think about this, I have to smile. Common sense would tell *most* people was this is all about...but the ex had NO CLUE.

I hope each of you had a good night's rest and I hope we all have a good Friday....with little to no pain. I woke up too early this morning and I am not rested again. This is a never ending story of my life though. I can only wish for feeling rested.

It is what it is though. There are some things in life we can actually control....not much though, when you really stop and think about it. Too much going on anymore to actually *control* much at all these days.

Welcome to the new members who have joined our FM support group. I am sure that each of you will soon find something that will make a difference in your life. So hang out here with us when you can and learn all you can about how to deal with the wrath of the dragon, aka FM.

Vitamin D....Vitamin B....these 2 vitamins just might make a difference in your life. It does pay to learn all you can about what vitamins and supplement might do....and actually it takes a trial and error process to figure how IF something might make a difference. Nothing is ever the same for everyone. What works for one may or may not work for another.

Enjoy your day and remember to pace, pace and pace even more.

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

2waltersintx responded:
Hi Mimi!! I'm baaaaaack!!

booch007 responded:
Morning Mimi and fmily,

Knee is better but was fine til sunset...WTH? I added Meloxicam at dinner to protect the night....not much help. So all I have is ice and rest I guess. I did move around alot yesterday with the girls here. Such fun to do crafts with them...

We made magnets of the ocean fish...for Florida's trip and then they put on their princess gowns so I could alter them. So cute. I ironed them too. so pretty...they just need crowns now, I have to get to ToyRUS to look for them.

We went out to lunch with Ashley who is due in 4 weeks...OMG and had a wonderful lunch. Then I tried to get my hair cut off...got the appointment for today. Then off to a lassage for 30 minutes and that just put me in a good place.

Wish this knee would just cut it out. I have 3 days to win. I am an ardent game player so a challenge ahead. I will win*.

So sorry Cory didn't win the money, I saw the winner on TV last night. Can't begin to think how that feels....wow.

It is raining and rain all day I think, trees down across the river from me and houses with roof damages....man what a year of unrest with Mother Nature. I think if we stepped back and just saw thwe news from a distance.....fire, floods, our mosquito issues here in NY and the bombings and war... Mother Earth is taking some beating. Biblical* right?

OK, off to start the carzy day I have planned....Hair cut off...nails done and 30% at Kohl's to top it off!! Ha! Have a baby gift to get for a friend and then there is still Emily to spoil....and things that are helpful for the baby that I may find.

Oh Mimi, I found a store yesterday that is a second hand childrens place.......they have a sand box (elevated with a lid...my dream 35.00 (everthing I have seen is 89.00 and better...) so I have to go back today to get it...yes in the rain...

Then no snakes spiders and such like the one I have now. Itis geat but I have to get there and clean it out constantly.......
Sand boxes are so much fun for a long time with kids...

Plus I wish they had this when I was young, what a savings here....there was a father of 5 there (all not in school- they had triplets) they were being frugal and I applauded them for this find of a place. The chlothes were all washed and items repackaged. Better level than shopping in goodwill......

I always think I am at a garage sale when I go to theses places.....Mom called them Broomingdales....(Bloomingdales was a ritsy shopping store here in NY). So anyway..getting a new sandbox. .

OK fmily, off to limp throught the day...slow and with purpose.

I have forgotten my lists from work...forgotton the many htthings that circle my head eachday.....good stuff to back away.

Nancy B

dollbug replied to 2waltersintx's response:
Hello and welcome back.....always good to see missing members return. I hope things are going well with you.

Post more when you can and let everyone know.

Take care.

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

rudyandirmouse responded:
Good Friday to all. I hope our Friday is going well and that you have had a fibro issue and pain free day.

The never ending rain is currently the big news. They say we will have more rain until next Friday.. OMG It's been raining for days and we're flooding in a lot of places now. My daughter got 7 inches of rain in just 3 hours yesterday. She's okay but OMG shades of the May 2011 flood. Scary. More rain due here this a.m. and I hope this time I don't end up with another migraine because of the pressure that comes with these storms. UGH

I haven't been posting for awhile because I have been down and out ALOT with ' out of no where ' migraines that have kept me in a dark room because of blurred vision, made me so sick to my stomach and kept me in bed in because just moving my head made me ill. Am sure I have pinched a nerve in my neck or have a disc out of place near the base of skull, so I went to my PCP about the migraines.. He has referred me to me to Vanderbilt's Neurosurgery Center for MRI's or CSCANS on my neck and brain. I sure don't want surgery so I hope it's something that can be taken care of with meds or PT'd away.

Today is DH's 67TH birthday. I don't think he looks a day close to it. More like a man in his 50's. But anyhow, I'm taking my good looking DH out to dinner. Tomorrow the girls are taking him to dinner as well and will give him their gifts. ( I let DH get a new cooking grill. Was on the pricy side so I'm done with getting him anything else cause that's all he wanted.. and he loves it. It's called the Green Egg grill or something like it cause it looks like a big egg. And he loves it . ) One gift he's getting from our SIL and GS is a " guys only ". trip to see the TN Titians play pre season game in Cincinnati, OH next Saturday. He will be sitting on the 50 yard line.. and he'll like that. Our DD in Norbert, NC is taking him to a very nice restaurant two Saturday's from now. He'll like that too. Special things for a very special guy.

My day, until DH gets home, unless I get another migraine, will be a trip to the tea shop for some loose white and green tea, decaf. I love loose tea I can use as little or much as I want and I know it's good cause it's whole leaf. I love tea in the a.m. with cinnamon and lite honey.. so good for a body. And cece always comes to mind when I make it cause she also has tea with cinnamon and honey.. or she used to.

Sorry to hear that both MiMi and Nancy are suffering. knee pain. I hope that each of you finds something to help the pain and get the knee to healing. I have such a weak left knee that I can move it out of place with little to no effort. Stepping off a curb or turning to go to the left can hurt it. And I hurt it a lot, so I do understand how you both are feeling. So here's wishing each of better day with your knee.. <<< HUGS >>> to you both.

Cory, you had a chance to win some money? OMG I'm sorry you didn't win.

WELCOME BACK 2waltersintx. So glad to have you here with us again.

Mary, hope all's well with you.

angelswife and DH.. Happy 5TH anniversary to you both. Wishing you a very special day.

Okay will close this here. Wishing each of you a wonderful day.. a terrific weekend.

Linda R

mnjeepguy responded:
I would have had a chance to win the Powerball, but I don't gamble, didn't buy a ticket. My chances are better to be struck by lightning. A fellow from MN won a portion of the pile. I wouldn't mind winning some of my own but I would not want a huge win in the hundreds of millions. It's too much for anyone. I would have to give most of it away. I guess that would feel pretty good.

I was able to sneak out of work at noon. I was a wreck from the last week, but a little better today. I was lucky that when I woke this am I felt a little better, and not worse than when I went to bed. Once home I started preparing the Jeep for wheeling next weekend. I usually forget things I need so I like to get started early and also made a list.

I can't believe the weather. Mother earth is not a happy camper with us. We have done a lot of damage to the planet if we admit it or not. The climate is changing and will likely never be back to what we know as normal. It is very nice here lately but colder than normal, much like the past several months. We will just have to deal with what comes I guess.

Nancy, my favorite lace as a child in our back yard was the enormous sand box my dad set us up with. It was probably only 8x8 feet, but felt big to us. Lots of fun building lakes in it with the garden hose. We got dirty a lot.

Mimi, A good friend of mine says it's a shame common sense isn't that common. This is so true. Also don't underestimate the power of denial. It amazes me ho many people think they can do no wrong and never admit a single mistake. It's always someone else's fault. Or the entire world is wrong but not them. The sad part is they make little carbon copies.

Nancy B, you sound as though the spirit is much better today even if the knee has slowed you down some. I hope it heals up for you fast.

Mary, I hope you get some needed headache relief. My DW suffers from bad migraines on occasion. Stress is one of her biggest triggers. Have you identified any of yours? Happy Birthday to you DH!

I am dreading working 4-12hr nights next week and am trying to see the good in it, the extra $ I will make. I did it for almost 20 years so a few days should be no biggie. This too shall pass.

I hope you all have a great weekend! Take care everyone.

Cory

Helpful Tips

For All our new members
Welcome all new members, I want you to understand how important it is to be o.k. with coming here to lift your spirits and release ... More
Was this Helpful?
370 of 397 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.