Skip to content
Good Morning All!!
Anon_122740 posted:
Well, first of all let me say it's good to be back. I've been away for a LONG time.

Sorry to see that Dr. P is no longer online....... ::

So, here's the story.

After quitting my job in Dallas, due to the pain, my husband said to me .... why don't we go ahead and move to NM? So, we did. Thank God that my Father was able to come from CA and help us.

So in July of 2010 we moved to Los Lunas, NM. That's about 30 miles south of Albuquerque. We stayed at my parents old trailer for 2 years before we purchased our new home at the base of the Manzano Mountains, just south of Belen. Belen is another 10 miles south of Los Lunas.

It's a beautiful place. Very quiet and our nearest neighbors are at least 2 to 3 miles away from us. We have free range cattle and horses around, as well as, bunnies, quail, doves and pheasant.

My stress level has dropped considerably. My Dr. at the VA in Albuquerque is amazing. She actually saved my life. She looked over my meds and found out that I had Seretonin poisoning and changed my meds immediately.

I'm now on about 600mg of Gabapentin 3xd and that seemed to help amazingly. Also the pain meds are helping a bunch as well.

Mimi in NC ....... glad to see you are still here.

I did finally get my 100% disability from the VA in March of 2012. Now, it's onto the SSA to re-submit my application for SSDI. Wish me luck!

Anyways, the dog got me up and I figured I better check in on you guys.

Talk to you soon.

Grace

2waltersintx responded:
Don't know why my post id listing my as annon....... hmmmm

2waltersintx replied to 2waltersintx's response:
Ah hah!! It's doing it right now!! lol ... maybe I need to go back to bed.....??

booch007 responded:
Welcome home Grace and all this sounds exciting and wonderful for you. I envision the beauty you must see each day. WOW. Being in nature is the best and treasuring that experience even better.

Good luck with the SSDI. If the VA put you out 100% I don't think you should have trouble with the other.

Welcome back and keep in touch. So glad you have a sharp doctor to care for you. It is such a big thing for us. Life can be so much better with the right fit of MD.

Nancy B

dollbug responded:
Hello again Grace and welcome back. Sounds like you have been quite busy. I am glad you have a beautiful place to live....I am sure you love the nature and all that it brings.

I am glad that you now have a good doctor. I think we all have to be on guard and know that when we are not getting any better it is time for a change....either medication or getting another opinion. (I have also been through this as well) I often wonder IF I had not gotten ugly with my doctor, if I would have been living today as well.

So good to hear that you were able to get your VA disability. I hope you will also get approved for your SSD as well. Just remember that everything is a process....but I would hope that you would not have any problems since you were approved by the VA. But I think we all know that things do NOT always turn out like we think it might. But keep on keeping on....until you get where you want to be.

I know it took me a long time to get approved for mine. I was cheated out of the disability that I had paid for through my employer....(they refused to provide it to me since I had filed a workers comp claim....and then eventually denied my workers comp claim as well.)

Good to have you back.

Take care.

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

Helpful Tips

~FM TIPS - LIVING W/ FM - TOOLBOX ~WELCOME NEWCOMMERS~
Welcome to Our FMily! My name is MeMe, I'm an FM suffer of 19 years, along with autoimmune diseases & other conditions. ... More
Was this Helpful?
471 of 546 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.