Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
new here
TurtleRunnerNC posted:
Hi everyone I just signed up today. I was diagnosed on Monday. Been a long journey. Still no treatment as my PCP is awaiting the Rheumatologist report so I can meet with him.

dollbug responded:
Hello TurtleRunnerNC...and welcome.....MiMi in NC....I am assuming you are been or have been a runner and that you live in or once lived in NC....just from your user id.

I am sorry that you are dealing with the wrath of the dragon, aka FM....but I am sure that you will find some good and useful *tools and tips* here on this site....we do have a good FM support group. I do hope you will check out the info under *tips* and *resources* here and be sure and review the *member toolbox*....as I know you will find some good things to try.

It does take a trial and error process to figure out just what the body needs....so hang in there for the ride. Things will get better though...the more you learn about the wrath of the dragon, aka FM, the better you will cope.

First I would like to encourage you to be sure and ask your doctor to check your Vitamin D level....which is really important to a lot of people these days....low Vitamin D can cause *additional pain* for some people and it can also affect other illnesses as well. (this has been a mission of mine for several years now...trying to get the word out of just how *IMPORTANT* it is...I sometimes wish I could *shout it out to the world and allow anyone and everyone who suffers from *pain* to get their doctors on board with it...)

Soon you will learn how to *dance with the dragon, instead of draggin the dragon...(this is Nana B's saying-who is a FM member and a wonderful nurse on board)....she has lots of good info that she shares with us all....so be sure and read her posts.

So....you have a long journey ahead of you....but we all know exactly what you are dealing with. I hope you will post often and ask questions, make comments and/or suggestions...and share with others what you find works for you....so that perhaps others will use it as well.

Some of the *tools* you might use right now while waiting on the doctors is a moist heating pad, a memory foam topper for your mattress, Stopain Spray, drinking lots of water every day, doing gentle exercises or stretches daily...(remember GENTLE is the word)...and perhaps taking a hot shower at night using lavender bath salts in a stopped up drain....do this right before bedtime...it helps you to rest better.

That's my start....I hope you will feel better soon.

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

TurtleRunnerNC replied to dollbug's response:
Thanks Mimi.

I am a runner ( though my running is suffering along with me LOL. Still at it but it isn't easy.) I generally feel better while running and after. It the getting out the door.

Vitamin D levels are good. Thanks for that tip. Will keep an eye on that.

I have been using my Foam Roller for massaging each day and although it hurts something awful it feels better after so I suck it up!

We just purchased and installed a refurbished hot tub. I cannot tell you how much it helps. The last 3 nights after getting in for at least 20 min I slept better and had a huge decrease in pain at night. I had hardly slept for 3 months now. The last few nights the pain has left me alone until almost 5am.

Helpful Tips

~FM TIPS - LIVING W/ FM - TOOLBOX ~WELCOME NEWCOMMERS~
Welcome to Our FMily! My name is MeMe, I'm an FM suffer of 19 years, along with autoimmune diseases & other conditions. ... More
Was this Helpful?
463 of 538 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.