Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Sunday ****8/11/2013 ****
dollbug posted:
Morning FMily....MiMi in NC...and I am up too darn early again today. Do not know what exactly woke me up this early morning. I have been up over an hour. I thought for sure that I could drift back off to sleep for a while longer....but that did not happen either. So I finally decided I should get on up....better than tossing and turning and thinking about all sorts of things....it seems like there are times when my mind will not rest. So much going on.

I got school supplies together yesterday for my GD. I am glad this is done. We will not see her again for 2 weeks and I wanted to make sure that she had them in plenty of time for her first day of school. I am sure that she will need more supplies when school starts. But I have the list that was provided....which tells what they need right off. This summer has really been a short one. It is hard to believe that school will be starting in 2 weeks.

Rain came again yesterday and it came suddenly. A black cloud appeared out of no where and it started. I think NC has had enough for a while....thank goodness we have not had floods in my area. But there have been lots of them in surrounding areas.
I was hoping that this week-end would be nice for the children to have fun outside. They enjoy playing and having fun on their riding toys.

Welcome to the new members who have joined our FM support group recently. I am sure that soon each of you will find something that will help you cope better. It does take time to find the right combination of tools that will work....so hang in there and learn all you can about what others have found that works for them.

Be sure and check out the info here under *tips* and *resources*....and review the*member toolbox* which offers some good *tools*.

Vitamin D....that is what I try to encourage everyone to be sure and check with your doctor about getting this checked. Low Vitamin D might cause you to have additional pain....and it might also affect other illnesses as well. It requires a blood test and you MUST ask the doctor to do it. It seems to be a common thing for people to not have enough. There have been studies which indicate people need supplements in order to get it back within the normal range of where it should be. The normal range can vary though....depends upon what you are reading. Around 50-60 is what I have heard recently. The normal is wide though and I am sure that this can vary from person to person. What might be good for one might not be for another.

I do hope each of you had a good night's rest and I hope today will be a good Sunday for all, with little to no pain. Remember to pace, pace and pace even more. Your body will thank you for this.

As you are out and about remember that there are needs for school children. A lot of places have boxes for people to donate school supplies. Help if you are able. Our children need tools to work and learn with.

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

booch007 responded:
Happy Sunday to all. Good Morning,

As cat Stevens is on Pandora in the background....mellow is the pace for today. I got up early to phase back to early rising.... I have lost 2 postings in 2 days. One to Annette and one to Saturdays post looking for information on ETSY......

I don't get it?

How do you use the site and what is there?

Today I return to the GC to play and be with them. My life line to joy! They just light up when they see me, and I them.

My knee is 90% now and as I said..the whole off period tortured by this, to be better on return to work! Funny sense of humor...mother nature!

My hair is too short! I forgot that this short when you wake in the morning it is UP and in all directions! I also look heavier...all face! It will grow and be better by Christmas when pictures start again. LOL.

I am sorry for those in pain without a tool for relief here. Please look to the resources and side bars for help. The trial and error period of honing your tools that work for you can be arduos and long.

I think as time has past I just got used to the pains I have and I notice them less. I use distraction as a med and dose frequently...using color, garden walking, things that mean something to me. GC are a great gift to lower pain (well at least the time you are with them...hurt more when you leave as you cross the line in the moments...) It is worth it. I rest after.

My hopes that what we have placed here on the board...years of questions and transition for so many will help the newbie. So the passage is quicker for them.

The problem is we are all different and respond to different things. This also adds to the problems the MD's have and the frustration they face. If you think like a scientist...I add this med and it is FOR THIS...It will work, well nope not for me. Then you get skeptical on why? Percocet does nothing for my issues....isn't that crazy...but I need brain chemistry help with dealing with the muscles, a relaxant and pain lowering med helps....

Got it...I am as tuned as I can be, hydrated as I can be, eating as right as I can be....just need to go back to walking and effort to drop my weight better for overall health. This is the demon I carry as well.........fighting my demons......

So demons and dragons are my warfare. I should have a metal armour made! Carry a sword and fight my way through.

May you all find the tool and amour to get you through this and help you adjust to the new life we have. It is a challenge eachday but something you can do......you can figure it out and get to a better place then where you are now. Good luck!

Nancy B

missist replied to booch007's response:
Good morning all!

Nancy B-- etsy.com is a place where artists and crafters can have their own market. On it you can sell vintage items, original art work & supplies for making art.

there are a lot of sellers and each one has their own 'shop'. It is definitely a learning process to be effective at selling there, but there is an active community of teams and a forum that are helpful to new sellers.

my shop is http://pokeberrypatch.etsy.com

buyers and sellers begin by joining etsy--setting up an account.

To shop you can type in key words in the search bar on top for what you are looking for and it will bring up pages of different things that fit your criteria-- things will be in various different small shops that are part of etsy.

You can also use the left sidebar on etsy.com front page to search by category and they have a 'browse' too which is like window shopping by category.

I've been on it a couple/few years now so I've learned a lot. Computer shopping sights can be daunting for those of us who were not born with a mouse or a joystick in our hands.

its a great place to get local or American made things or things from different countries --that are handmade and not 'big box store items'. I love it for holiday shopping and anytime I want to buy a special card or gift--I like the idea I'm actually supporting a small artist's business instead of a giant retail chain.

Hope that helps.
Mary

TurtleRunnerNC responded:
Oh Mimi I agree, NC has had way too much rain this summer! !!! My backyard is having trouble drying.

I woke up rough this morning. Went straight to the hot tub. Feeling a little better. Might need another soak before I start my day.

Got quite a bit to do. I have to drive to VA tomorrow for work. 5 hours in the car I'm dreading since I was almost in tears after 2 hours last week. Tuesday I have a 5 hour meeting and a 5 hour drive home. Ugh.

Looks like it's going to be beautiful day here today!

missist replied to missist's response:
OH.. upper left hand corner of the link I gave you-- has an orange squre that says Etsy-- click there to go to the front page of etsy instead of just my shop.

mnjeepguy responded:
Good morning everyone. It's cloudy and 62 this morning but it is supposed to be another nice day. We have almost no rain in the forecast for the next several days. Our trip for next weekend looks dry as well.

I got stressed out yesterday and it made a mess of me. I felt really good all morning but it can change so fast. I slept terrible for the first half of the night, at least it improved later and I made it until almost 7.

I am wondering if I should get disability insurance through my employer at open enrollment for next year. I do not have an official diagnosis for anything yet, I don't think it would be a bad idea. I think it is fairly inexpensive for someone my age as well. It would be a little piece of mind for me knowing I will not be able to do the work I do for many more years.

Today should be low stress. We have no major plans but may go to the county fair. The grounds are only about a mile and a half from home. It's pretty small like our town, so it wouldn't be bad to go. The kids are on the fence about it so we will see.

I rode my old mountain bike yesterday and I haven't hardly at all this year. I forget how good it feels. It's a great way to move if you have joint pain. The low impact lets me enjoy it more than a walk some days. I just need to work on my motivation. We will likely sell our serious road bikes they just don't get ridden anymore. They are great for very long rides but not as comfortable. The older I get the more I look for comfort.

Nancy, I try to keep music in my daily regime. It is always good for my mood and helps distract the mind from my pain. I recommend it to all of you. It's one thing that may actually help everyone despite how different we are wired.

Mimi, growing up poor and usually relying on assistance, helping with things as small as school supplies makes a difference. We pitch in where we can and it always feels good.

I hope you all have a great day. Take care everyone.

Cory

fibroinsd responded:
Well...happy Sunday morning..

I am joining your "club" Mimi..up way too early...thought I could go back to bed...no luck...DH gets up at 5 on Sundays to go work at the church, so when he got up,...well, I turned on the tv for awhile...but eventually gave up and just got up. I will go to my parents about 9 am and take them to breakfast and church...hope it is a good sermon today...! I don't want to fall asleep in church ! I am sure that won't happen..I seem to be wide awake..

Had my sister and her family here for a couple of days. It was nice to see her boys...haven't seen them for awhile..but the stress of dealing with them and mom and dad was a bit much. She arranged a phone call with the alzheimers association and my other sister..this sister and me...It started out ok...but ended up not so well...my sisters and I are in a major fight over what to do about mom and dad...long story...and very hard to explain...

Well..I hope you all have a good day...

cece
Let's put the fun back in dysfunctional !- Mary Englebright

dollbug replied to mnjeepguy's response:
Hello Cory, I wanted to chime in about the disability insurance. I think it is indeed a very good idea. I also had it when I worked....actually I got the extra coverage...as the company provided short term and long term for us....so I extended my coverage. Funny thing though is that I ended up and did not get either....since the company would not turn in my disability since I had reported my claim for workers comp. They laid me off 2 days after I had my first left hand surgery. And then they managed to deny my WC also. It took a while to do this....so I actually got taken. Sad thing is that the company attorney LIED about my claim and the NC Industrial Commission did not verify the paperwork. I have learned that sometimes, no matter what a person does....something just might NOT turn out like it should.

I reported this several time and actually appealed the decision....but I got ignored.

Within 2 years the company had shut down so I was not allowed to continue. It is quite sad just how the system works.

But I would indeed say to get the *disability insurance* especially if you can afford it. And do it asap....

I hope you had a better day and got to rest up.
I hope you will have a better week at work.

Take care.

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

mnjeepguy replied to dollbug's response:
Thanks for the reply Mimi, I just looked through my employee paperwork and they do not offer LT disability coverage. The short term is 6 months. I may look outside the company for coverage, but we do get corporate discounts through some venders. It has been on my mind lately, that means I need to address it I think.

BetteK replied to mnjeepguy's response:
Cory,

You NEED to have that insurance. I don't know what we would have done without it. I had been our principal breadwinner, working full time all year. (Hubby's job was part-time, hourly, and only paid during the 30 weeks that college was in session!)

My employer had a sick bank, we could join and donate sick days for others to use as needed. This helped us when I was off for 6 weeks.

The NYS Teachers' Retirement System includes disability insurance. It was based on years of teaching and all you needed to apply was a letter from your doctor. It covered our mortgage for us.

SSDI was denied, appealed, and finally won 2 years after my last day teaching. It helps too. We do need groceries.

Get whatever disability insurance you can beg, borrow, or steal!

BetteK

Helpful Tips

~FM TIPS - LIVING W/ FM - TOOLBOX ~WELCOME NEWCOMMERS~
Welcome to Our FMily! My name is MeMe, I'm an FM suffer of 19 years, along with autoimmune diseases & other conditions. ... More
Was this Helpful?
456 of 531 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.