Skip to content
exhausted
purplediane posted:
anyone else live alone with so few friends you hardly see anyway. these are the people i want to talk to. i have nobody in my life and nothing to meke me keep going. today is especially bad. i manage to keep living, some days i even don't cry. years of this is wearing me down. if i do any kind of physical work, even a little bit, the next day i have energy enough to walk the dog and have coffee. then i lay down for a nap and 6-8 hours i wake up, ready to take nighttime meds and go to sleep. i've got no family like some of you. i did for years and i did what i had to do. i've lost that will now. any single lonely sad people how do you keep going. i do keep going, but these extra long nap days happen at least once or twice a week. i almost think it would be better to just not do any physical work, but that's not even always the cause. sometimes i just have to sleep. i wonder if it's because although i feel like i sleep at night i really don't. i know i wake up a lot, and i'm on a lot of medication. i've read some old posts and i have same complaints as many did/do. besides exhausted, the memory problem is intense. fibro fog is how i spend a good portion of my life. i have social phobia/anxiety so going out there and making more friends isn't the solution. i live in a senior mobile home park and my best friend, i guess, is 87 years old. she has so many physical problems and is in so much pain and just keeps going everyday. she sleeps less than i do and does more than i do. i know we're not supposed to compare ourselves to others, but it's hard when she calls in the middle of a nap wanting me to take her somewhere and i'm too tired to get out of bed much less trust myself to drive i'm so foggy. she doesn't understand any of it. so, back to my opening statement, single lonely people - how to you keep from sleeping all the time.

dollbug responded:
Hello again purplediane....MiMi again. Do you have any hobbies....or do you like to read....perhaps you should go to the library and find some good books....or movies, if you like them.

I only wish that I could sleep....but this is one of my problems....not getting enough of it when I need it.

I see you have a dog....my furbabies provide good company for me and I also help my children take care of theirs when they are out of town.

Perhaps you could grow some flowers if you like them.
I have had to keep my in pots since it is easier for me to do pots.

I am sure that there is something you can do to help pass the time.

I hope you will continue to post here and hang out with the rest of us FMers.

Take care and good luck.

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

missist responded:
Hi..just want to respond to this a little.

I came in here just now feeling a bit beat down myself. I also live alone most of the time time. I don't have friends near by; hubby comes home e/o weekend maybe.

I have some nap days and I do take meds too and I think I find it very discouraging that I am in pain after doing things.

Went to the dr this week and he informed me I won't need my blood pressure RX anymore all I need to do is a certain diet and walk 20 min. a day.. He then looked at me and said 'this is GOOD news'. and I felt bad cuz I know he has no idea what 'exercise' means. LOL

I had exercised 10 min. the day before and was in so much pain I could barely walk. so to me-- that 'good' news wasn't registering well. I did later after I had gotten home and rested a bit.

So.. what do YOU think is needed?

I think for me--there are also good things going on--that I've worked to make happen-but when I am over tired-- life seems very very bleak.

If you need to sleep as much as 6-8 hours during the day-- you aren't getting the right combo of meds. you need to see the doctor about that.

I nap a couple times a week but not more than an hour.
maybe 2 sometimes.

and I sleep a lot better than I used to most of the time.

Still I do know how you feel, I'm just thinking-- it sounds like you have something in your meds that is not working right.

It can be better than that. Call your doctor and get an appointment fast-- you know--insist it be very soon as you are in trouble. sounds like depression from lack of sleep?

it happens to me sometimes --so just encouraging you--it can get better and then hopefully you will want to step out and meet more people. God's peace to you, is my prayer this eve.
mary

BetteK replied to missist's response:
Diane,

Mary's right. Your meds are off. Yes, we do need some extra naptime, but it is usually because we don't really sleep at night.

Have you been tested for chronic fatigue? There are some tests that will help your doctor to help you. If you do not let her/him know what your life is like, you will not be tested, and you will not be treated.

People with CF are treated with antibiotics and/or antivirals.
Many of those with fibromyalgia also have chronic fatigue. It's not just an either/or. (My diagnosis is fibromyalgia and chronic fatigue.)

As you get better and have more energy, you will find that you WANT to get out more. You will spend more time with your elderly friend and make friends with others as you are more and more able to spend time outside your home.

As you feel better physically, you really should find a way to have your agoraphobia addressed. You NEED to have friends. We all do.

You assume that because we have families, that we are not alone. Being a farmwife, there are times during the year when the only time I see my husband is when he finally comes home for dinner. If it isn't the actual fieldwork, it's the equipment that breaks down, or another farmer who needs his help. Believe me, by the time hubby comes home, he has no reserves to spend on comforting me on a bad day.

Besides, the only people who can really understand are those who share this condition. We all have slightly different symptoms at different times. But we are all in pain. We are all horribly fatigued. We are all horribly alone in the cocoon of our illness.

But here, at this site, we are all alike. We are a community.

BetteK

ajnsmom responded:
Are you on Facebook? It's a good way to keep up with friends and family, and you may find interacting with others easier online to start with. I think all of us can relate to the low point you have reached. Praying that you will feel better soon!

Linda S.

Helpful Tips

Living Well with Fibromyalgia
Greetings! I have learned patience and a positive attitude is key to my pain management. I developed Fibromyalgia after a hysterectomy in ... More
Was this Helpful?
197 of 214 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.