Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Monday, Monday ****7/12/2013****
dollbug posted:
Morning FMily....MiMi in NC....and it is muggy here this morning....at least I did not wake up really early. I did wake up sooner than I had planned though. It is going to be hot again today but then is supposed to cool down for a while. I hope everyone had a good week-end with little to no pain. I am still having issues with my knee and my right middle finger. It seems to be one thing or another all the time.

Our GD was sad this week-end and we are still quite puzzled at what is going on with her. This is the first time that there have been any issues much with her. My daughter tried to get her to talk about whatever was bothering her but she did not say much about this. It has been 6 months now since she has been back with us so I do not understand what is going on. Perhaps it is she knows she will be in school soon. I have no idea.

Welcome to the new members who have joined our FM support group recently. I am sure that soon each of you will soon find something that will help you cope better. It does take time though to find the *right combination of tools* that will work....so hang in there and keep on keeping on until you figure this out.

Vitamin D....my favorite tool....and so important to some people....low Vitamin D can cause additional pain for some of us and it can also affect other illnesses as well. I also keep seeing where doctors do not think sunshine is enough to bring low levels back up to within the *normal levels*....that supplements are required to do this.

Remember to pace, pace and pace even more. Have a good Monday.

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

missist responded:
Hi Mimi--and all to follow.

Mimi hope your grand daughter cheers up soon.

We are also going to be hot today. I call it hot when it is 90 or above. Yesterday I went outside and thought--no thank you!
What if we ever have to give up our AC? I shudder to think.

Well I am still fighting myself concerning the Zone diet--I think I will try it again today, just to help me learn more about it. I don't think in the long run it is for me though. Mediteranean--yes-- which is a form of that. I need to read my zone books more, as I think the website I signed up to is taking it to a far extreme, it can't be what was meant by the author.

Anyhow so that's up.

Having trouble with my hips. not sure what all is the problem I know I have OA there--but this is something that's been so messed up--with lower back & legs too--that I'm really not sure where the trouble is. I'm trying to fix it with exercise, but so far is not much better. We shall see...

Well I have a lot of orders to do this week from my etsy shop. That is nice. I"ve been trying to get more sales. Now need to make all that stuff--but this week it is all pretty much things I've made before. So just hand work-not brain work. Next week I have a big order that is custom and will require a lot of brain--plus my hubby needs me to design a logo for his little robot. He has been doing some selling on line too-- to robot enthusiasts. He asked yesterday and it was the end of the day and I couldn't think even. So it will wait til later in the week when I have free space in my head. LOL.

It is good to have some work, keeps the mind from dwelling too much on one's self and problems.

Have a good day all!
God Bless,
Mary

mnjeepguy responded:
Good morning everyone. It is breezy and 73 here, just about perfect. I was up a little later than normal and slept until almost 8. This is decent prep for working nights. I will take a catnap later in the afternoon. as well. I tried everything over years I did shift and it worked out the best. The next two weeks will not be fun, but will bring in needed funds for school clothes and supplies we still need.

I slept on my side, witch is very rare for me. I have to sleep flat on my back to avoid waking with an angry spine. I was stiff, but otherwise alright. I was surprised. Maybe I won't be stuck sleeping on my back the rest of my life. That would be nice.

Mary, I have an ongoing battle with my hips and low back. About the best thing for it is stretch. When my muscles get tight it doesn't matter how much I exercise, it stays tight until I stretch daily. I don't do it enough because it can be painful. Look up stretches online. There is plenty of free info out there.

Mimi, I hope you stay cool today and that your GD perks up from whatever is making her sad.

I hope you all have a great day. Take care everyone.

Cory

katmandulou responded:
Hello Everyone - I'm back!

One week's vacation is not long enough, but it'll take a week to recover from coming back too! We stayed at inns in the White Mountains of NH. The weather was warm and beautiful, one day of hard rain and thunder. Our 30th anniversary is in the book!

MiMi, I'm wondering that your GD's mother has told her. That might be upsetting her. I've known some mothers who tell their kids awful things about their fathers, encouraging the distance on those relationships.

Mary I have OA in my lower back, but it doesn't bother me much. We did a lot of walking on vacation, and it made my lower back very unhappy. I find yoga helps, if you can do it. Not everyone is able to - or wants to!

Cory I have to sleep on my side or my back gets angry at me. I was hospitalized last fall, and the b>nurses kept telling me to lay on my back, but I couldn't for a long time. Stretching is so underrated!

I wish you all the best day you can possibly have!
Lou

rudyandirmouse responded:
Good morning MiMi, Mary, Cory and to all those to follow. I do hope your weekend was a good one and that fibro issue or pain wasn't a part of it.

Our weekend was, what else, rainy, but nice. We had dinner with the daughters, DH's and grand kids on Saturday evening for DH's birthday. He got some amazing and thoughtful presents. I couldn't match the green egg griller he brought home the week before, so am just opting for something he'd want down the road. We got there and no rain, left and rain. I am beyond done with this rainy, washout of a summer.. bring on the cold and snow! Bet you never thought you'd hear me, summer loving Linda say that. That's how sick I am of this!

It's warm here today, thunder and lightening, again, over head, but the sun is shining. Go figure. Rained here and there yesterday.. had to drive thru downpours at some point(s) while driving out and back from visiting our DD in Nashville yesterday. Dam darn weather I've seen while living here in Middle TN.

Not a lot to do on a stormy, on and off, day like this one. Have to go over to the bank at some point and get my atm card straightened out. For whatever reason it is now hooked into the main checking account and it shouldn't be. :- Aside from that that I'm just staying in.

Don't have any doctor appointments this week, Yay that! But next week have four. I am headed to the Neurosurgeon on Monday, the PCP and dermatologist on Tuesday and the foot doctor on Wednesday. I get to head out of town on Thursday to NC. for a long weekend with DD and family.

Speaking of NC. DD and her husband have bought a new, just built, home there. It went into escrow today. They both figured since he is locked into duty at Camp LeJune for 4 more years, that will make 20 with the Marines, they just felt it was time to buy a home. But OMG what a home it is! Just under 3,000 sq. feet. 3 stories, 5 bedrooms, 4 baths on nearly an archer of land, corner lot and just 2 miles from the beach. I'm gonna like going there to visit.. I'll have my own room. Yay that!! I was concerned about the very large price of the home, but like they said to me: it's their mortgage and they can well afford it.

MiMi, I am sure your GD is just very sad that she will have to go back to just weekend visits. Wish there was around that, but she will adjust again in time, but I know it's hard on all of you to see her in a sad place.
Sorry you knee is still at odds with you and giving you pain. And really sorry that now it's a finger too. Really wish it weren't so.

Mary, sorry your hips are acting up on you and causing you pain. Hope the problem resolves itself and that you begin to feel better quickly. Perhaps that pillow that helps adjust the knees might help you?

Cory, I too have back issues. I go and get back adjustments rather than having to take more meds. I just don't want to take one more pill a day. I am so done with pills and the like, stick a fork in me! I don't know if back adjustments would be for you, but they have helped my mild scoliosis and keeps me from having hip pain. As for my feet, that's a whole other topic and I am going into a neurosurgeon Monday to see what's up with the neck and what's causing the hands and feet to feel numb and swollen. I'm being told it's all coming from my neck.. not my back. Ugrrr if it's not one thing with us FM'ers it's another.

angelswife, I know you've been able to read the posts, so am sending <<< HUGS >>> to you and am hoping that you are getting some relief by now from you newest aliments. Just so unfair. :O

Will close this here as the thunder is getting way too loud and it just pouring rain here.

Sending warm wishes to all.. Have a great day everyone.
Gentle hugs for all, Linda R

Helpful Tips

For All our new members
Welcome all new members, I want you to understand how important it is to be o.k. with coming here to lift your spirits and release ... More
Was this Helpful?
369 of 396 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.