Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Newbie to the board
AJWMedia posted:
I've been a lurker for about 2 years, but finally getting close to 100% it's fibro, some doctors say yes, some say chronic pain, along with Neuropathy, carpel Tunnel and OA! But the good new is internally, they say I'm like a 25year old, no disease, best blood pressure, etc, you ever saw!! boo! NOOOO they don't believe me because I'm so well internally! But outside I'm falling apart! pain 24/7.. Morning are so bad waking up I have to do 20mins every morning just to get out of bed to go to work. I have been out of work for a long time and now I have to smile and be happy all the time! It's madding!

I have 2 more points, elbows, they hurt so bad… my left arm hurts the worse, but both I can barely raise my arms in the morning. I'm stressed right now so more pain all week long…

Thanks for listening…

dollbug responded:
Hello AJW and welcome. MiMi in NC. sorry that you are dealing with so much right now. It is good to know that the doctors say you are like a 25 year old....(I guess) You did not say how old you are....but I am assuming you are older than 25. Most of us FMers though actually *do NOT look sick*....but we know that *normal* people do not have the pain that we experience from the wrath of the dragon, aka FM.

I know a lot about elbows....since a few years ago....I also had major pain issues with my right one. I ended up and had elbow surgery which took over 2 years for it to heal. I can say this that I have not had much problems with it since. (on occasion I do feel something, but it soon stops, thank goodness). I feared for a while that what I had in the right elbow would also find its way to the left one. Thank goodness this has NOT happened either.

The neurosurgeon who worked on my elbow said it was one of the worse that he had seen....very red, inflamed and swollen inside. He said he had no idea what had caused it to be this way. I do think that FM does cause inflammation, even though it is reported that it does not.

I would suggest that you might try the elbow braces and also the Stopain Spray...both might help your pain.

I have also had carpel tunnel issues as well...actually 7 hand surgeries....2 of which I fell outside and broke each wrists, (at different times) ....only when this happened and the doctor put plates and pins in my wrist did the pain finally stop, for the most part. I still do not quite understand this either, but I do know that both hands got so much better once I recovered from the broken bones.

I would encourage you to be sure and ask your doctor to check your Vitamin D level, if you have not already done so. Low Vitamin D can cause additional pain. Vitamin B levels are also important.

You might research *Morton's toe and read about this. I just found that taking P5P, which is a processed form of Vitamin B 6 has helped my lower back pain....my doctors could NOT find anything which was causing the back pain, even though I do have kidney stones in both kidneys. Fox Channel had a local doctor who presented some good info for viewers about Morton's toe and my daughter heard this and told me about it. I then researched it and tried the P5P. (research also indicates carpal tunnel and kidney stones too)

I hope you will check out the info under *tips* and *resources*. Be sure and review the *member toolbox* too. I am sure that you will soon find some good *tools* to try.

Take care and good luck.

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

ajnsmom responded:
Welcome, and please know that I, along with many on this board, are praying for you! I have had the most pain in my arms as well, so I definitely relate. You will find a lot of helpful suggestions here.

Linda S.

TurtleRunnerNC responded:
Hi and welcome. ! My elbows hurt all the time. Ugh. Can hardly open the hatch of my van and picking up just about anything hurts.

missist replied to TurtleRunnerNC's response:
I have had elbow pain too--but currently I'm doing hip pain. LOL.. it moves.
Anyhow- my physical therapist said that the best brace to use for elbow is what I was using at night for my wrists--still use--
Wrist braces with metal or plastic support in them. Sleep in it. it will help in not too long of a time. Maybe a few weeks. Also use the Vitamin D3 and and B1-- I'm pretty sure those both do good for us.

so anyhow--I hope I said that well-if you brace your wrists it will also help your elbows while you sleep.

Anon_10089 responded:
So your doctors are hesitant to give the FM diagnosis because otherwise you are healthy?! In that case, they do not know much about FM. It has nothing to do with blood pressure, cholesterol, etc. There are no readily availabe blood tests for it. A person can have FM and be perfectly healthy.

I also am healthy otherwise. I consider myself a healthy person, that deals with chronic pain. I would almost wager that some of us are healthier because we are so careful with our bodies and what we put in it.

If their hesitance to diagnose the FM is causing them to not treat your pain, you should get new doctors. I hope you figure out something, soon, though because it can get better!

BetteK responded:
AJW,

My nurse practicioner has a sense of humor we can all appreciate. Her comment was, "You're in incredibly good health--especially for someone who hurts like h**l all the time!"

You've got to love a woman like that!

All kidding aside, they have to rule out all kinds of things from arthritis to lupus to cancer to only the Lord knows what else. THEN they can give a diagnosis of FM. It's because there are so many other things that can account for our symptoms. After they rule out all the things that are really dangerous or are simply more treatable, they can say, "You have fibromyalgia." (If your doc is really old, he may say "fibrosis."

Have you tried those clip on thingys for tennis elbow? It's amazing how much mine helped a few years ago.

BetteK

missist replied to BetteK's response:
BetteK-- this reminds me so much of my dr looking me in the eyes and saying "This is GOOD news." about my BP having held steady w/o my Rx .

I know I should have acted happy-- I was so tired !
LOL.

Yes-- health is good--even if you feel awrful.
Mary

Helpful Tips

~FM TIPS - LIVING W/ FM - TOOLBOX ~WELCOME NEWCOMMERS~
Welcome to Our FMily! My name is MeMe, I'm an FM suffer of 19 years, along with autoimmune diseases & other conditions. ... More
Was this Helpful?
456 of 531 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.