Skip to content
Meds
nononsenselady posted:
Hey I just figured out how to start a new discussion. Disregard if you see my comment some where else. I was interested in what pain medicines others are on. I take hydrocodone and I get that from my psychiatrist who really should not be prescribing it. I am afraid he will cut me off. I am seeing a rheumotologist today who is in private practice that may actually spend some time with me and help me. I hope she doesn't say just "suffer" which has been my experience with doctors at the local clinic. Any comments?

Laurie

ajnsmom responded:
Hi, It's good that you are going to a rheumatologist. I hope he/she can get you on the right meds. I take Gabapentin, Flexeril (generic) and Amitriptiline. They work for me most of the time, but the meds make me sleepy.

missist responded:
I haven't had great luck with Rheumy's but they are all different. I felt like mine wanted to get me out the door so they could deal with people with 'real' ailments.

That doesn't mean you'll have that too-- but could happen.
For me the best is if you get a primary dr that is willing to learn.

Mary

debrabrooks1960 responded:
I take Cymbalta, Gabapentin, and Flexeril. I hope you will find what will work for you. Like Mimi always saids, be sure to have your Vitamin D level checked. If is low it can cause extra pain. Some people take vitamins and herbs., It does take a while to find what works for you. Do not give up. Be patient and please visit here anytime you want to vent or just chat.

Soft hugs,
Debbie Lewis
Your not over the hill until you are under the hill.

nononsenselady responded:
Thank you all for your responses. I met with the doctor and she spent a lot of time with me. She was rather rude and all business, but at least she listened to me. She doesn't think I have fibro but took some blood for tests to try and figure out what I do have. That is interesting since I have been told it is fibro since 1994 by 2 different doctors. My tender points have always been pretty "iffy" so I wasn't really surprised. I sure do have all the other symptoms though. I wrote down your medication suggestions and am meeting with her in a few weeks for a follow-up. Thanks again for your responses.
Laurie

booch007 responded:
Good morning ,

Looking in the TOOLBOX to the right gives you a vast opening to how different we are. Some on so many meds and still in trouble and some with just supplements.

Most though on a muscle relaxant, an antidepressant and a pain med. Motrin was really my best med, but I had bleeding issues with taking so much so they changed me to Tramadol.

I still use Motrin for breakthough issues...

Good luck with the doc. Get ready for the trial and error period. It takes time and patience to find the right meds for you. Please check you vit D and get that on board and look into Magnesium. Dr P liked FIBRO MALIC as well. It is the whole mix that helps the body.

Being well hydrate with water is another thing. We are all so scarce in water drinking, and that is all our cells ask for! .

Good luck, Nancy B

Helpful Tips

Living Well with Fibromyalgia
Greetings! I have learned patience and a positive attitude is key to my pain management. I developed Fibromyalgia after a hysterectomy in ... More
Was this Helpful?
197 of 214 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.