Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Fatigue!
BetteK posted:
We've all been there. We have something special to do. We plan for it.
We budget out time and our resources. We pay attention to our diet and medication schedules to be fit for the big day.

And then it happens. The Great Energy Switch decides to turn itself into the OFF position. You feel like a balloon with a not-so-slow leak. Standing is too much effort. Sitting is too much effort. You HAVE to go lay down.

Today was my birthday, my 70th birthday. Dear hubby was grilling steaks. I had baked potatoes all scrubbed and ready, I'd fixed a big bowl of salad. The table was all set. I was just rinsing off some grapes to have with desert when the fatigue hit. I finished the fruit and sat down for a minute. It wasn't enough.

Hubby brought me supper in bed. I ate alone while everyone else was sitting at my birthday table.

In the grand scheme, it's not such a big thing, but for me--just for today--it was a symbol of all this condition has robbed us all of for entirely too long. We need a cure. Sometime before I hit 80 would be nice.

Bette

sparkyar responded:
AMEN!!!!!! I have even had to actually hold my own head up with my hand just to get through a meeting... Yesterday I committed the ultimate sin for fibro, I work part time (three days 8 sometimes more hours on my feet and moving for the whole shift) I work weekends less stress an much more fun without the hassles of bosses around..
Monday is my "recovery" day, instead of resting I wanted to do something with my husband and extended family.. I was SO exhausted when I got up but still went.. BIG MISTAKE wore myself out totally.. I hate this stuff!!!!! My first grand baby will be here in February I want to be a fun grandma not the one who can''t do anything because I am tired or hurting... It is very frustrating.. I pray for a cure every night and strength for the next day...Hang in there God will come through in the end I totally believe that.. God Bless..

Helpful Tips

Vitamin D level checked ***
I encourage everyone who is having pain problems to ask your doctor to check your Vitamin D level......a simple blood test...and so very ... More
Was this Helpful?
214 of 244 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.