Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Hump Day *****8/14/2013 *****
dollbug posted:
Morning FMily....MiMi in NC...it is indeed hump day and I have my MRI today. I almost missed my window of eating anything....I actually just drank a breakfast drink....something to take my P5P and the Magnesium Malate....I was up at 1, 2 and 3 this morning....so I an NOT a happy camper at all. Had problems getting back to sleep.

It is damp again today...and cooler. The weather does affect the way my body feels. I will be glad when I get this test behind me. I only hope it will show the doctors what is wrong with my knee. I fear it is not going to be a good thing. I can only hope someone will have something that might work for a while longer.

Welcome to the new members who have joined our FM support group recently. I am sure that each of you will soon find something that will help ease your pain. It does take a trial and error process which does take time and effort. So hang in here with us and learn all you can about what others have found that has worked for them.

Vitamin D....so important for a lot of people. Be sure and speak to your doctor about getting this checked. Low Vitamin D can cause additional pain for some and it can also affect other illnesses as well.

Here is hoping everyone had a good night's rest and I hope today will be a good day for us all, with little to no pain.

That's all.

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

missist responded:
Hi Mimi and all..
Mimi--good luck with the MRI hope they can pinpoint the knee problem and have a fix for you.

I am looking out at a cloudy sky--thinking-- it is going to rain again. Hubby is home working today, and has a little extra time off for the weekend again.

I would have loved to sleep in, but my dawgs would not allow it. Even though Hubby tried to take them out, the little one must have Momma, jumped up on my bed and kept pawing at me and crying. Well once I'm up, I'm up.

Today I have a few orders to finish up for my etsy shop. My knuckles are swollen-- which is probably due to fighting with my saw and sanding too much. My saw has a problem--don't know what it is. Hubby says he'll look at it. It is vibrating so much that it is very hard to cut wood.I have a big order to do next week so I really need it.
I am thinking of selling some software and buying a better saw. it is 20 years old-- originally we bought it for my Dad but he passed away and never used it. Anyhow.. 20 years old and it was not a 'great' one to begin with--so its kind of time for it to be upgraded I think.

Thankfully I'm done cutting wood for this week, so just need to make some little decorative pieces to glue onto some wedding cake toppers this week.

I found one of those paraffin baths at Goodwill a few weeks ago and purchased it for $2.99. I'm going to try it today and see if it is good for my hands.

If its not raining Hubby and I will go for a boat ride after work. That will be so nice. Living in our little cove with an island in front of me is fine--but now that I've seen the rest of the lake I do kind of itch to get back out there again.

Hope y'all have a very nice day and not too much fibro stuff bothering you.
Mary

katmandulou responded:
Happy Wednesday!

Sunny and cool today, might change into jeans so my pale legs won't have too many goosebumps. No rain, thank goodness, the mold is really aggravating me!

I hope the MRI shows what's wrong, and the docs can help you heal, MiMi. There's nothing worse than the diagnosis of "I know you have pain, but we see nothing wrong." That's what they're telling us about dad right now - he's in pain (it's his knee, too) but nothing shows as abnormal on the x-ray. AAARGH!

Mary, what kinds of things do you make? DH used to do a lot of woodworking, but I'm afraid that got moved aside by his next infatuation. Every couple of years he picks up another 'hobby,' and it aggravates me. Aikido, racquetball, wood working, kayaking, now he's biking. We'll see what he wants to do next.

Gota run, see Dad and find out what's going to happen next.

I wish you all the best day you can possibly have!
Lou

Helpful Tips

~FM TIPS - LIVING W/ FM - TOOLBOX ~WELCOME NEWCOMMERS~
Welcome to Our FMily! My name is MeMe, I'm an FM suffer of 19 years, along with autoimmune diseases & other conditions. ... More
Was this Helpful?
463 of 538 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.