Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Son on life support... need prayer
dakotaspirit1957 posted:
Hi... It has been a long day... My youngest son and I found my oldest son this morning surrounded by empty pill bottles... We couldn't wake him... When the ambulance and police arrived they also found his gun and clip in his bed... Luckily not together... They think he passed out before managing it...

I am hurting so bad my mind is numb... My heart is beating for him... When I first seen him after they admitted him... The first words out of my mouth was... Dear Lord... He isn't breathing... The nurse was very sympathetic and kind...

He hasn't woke up on his own... Now they have him on meds to keep him comfortable and sleeping so he doesn't fight the respirator or something like that... It confused me...

I need to rest now for I am getting up early so I can go to the hospital at 7:30 to be there when the dr's come in... I hope my sleeping pills and pain pills find a way to help... But right now... I am too numb to feel much pain... Not much of anything is registering... I just keep trying to stop thinking that I should have talked to him last night and I didn't... I know it isn't my fault... But I feel so empty not knowing why when I knew he needed me I didn't talk to him...

He had a fight with his brother last night... He lost control and started hitting him... I tried to get him to stop and he knew I was really upset with him... I should have talked to him... I didn't know he talked it out with his brother... I thought I would talk to him this morning... I hope I still get a chance to tell him I forgive him and love him...

I know he will hear me now... But I want my son back... And helped... We just didn't know how much help he needed...

Thanks... love... Jan/Dakota

rosielou responded:
Praying for you and your family, Jan

TurtleRunnerNC responded:
Praying for you and your son.

dollbug responded:
Thoughts and prayers are with you and your family at this time. May GOD provide comfort and strength for all of you.

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

ajnsmom responded:
I'm praying for your son and your entire family!

Linda S.

fibroinsd responded:
oh Jan...I am so so sorry..your son and you and your family will be in my prayers...You all have been under such stress for so long..I pray that your son comes out of this and gets the help he needs...God bless you all..

cece
Let's put the fun back in dysfunctional !- Mary Englebright

missist replied to fibroinsd's response:
so sad to read this. Also praying,
mary

missshortyd replied to missist's response:
So sorry Jan prayers for you and your family

booch007 responded:
Oh Jan,

This is a terrible place to be in for you. You carry so many things. We have so little control over anyone else but ourselves. Our children make mistakes and you always pray they are small ones.

He must have felt so lost to do this. You are right , he can hear you and you can say all the things you want to in his ear. Prayers are with you during this time to get through this with a positive end.

Hugs from here...Nancy B

maggiethedoglover responded:
Dear Jan,

There is a special place in my heart that I will keep you and your son. Talk to him and tell him everything that you want him to know. He can hear you and wants to hear you.

You are an amazing woman and should not blame yourself in any way.

I hope that you get your son back as you want him. you are in many of our thoughts and prayers.

Soft hugs,

maggie

Life is a shipwreck but we must not forget to sing in the lifeboats - Voltaire

franr responded:
Dear Jan
I am so sorry you are going through this it is a parent's worse nightmare.I said a special prayer at Mass yesterday for him. With the love and support of you and your family he will overcome this . I worked in ICU over the years and unfortunely this is so common.Please know we are sending good thoughts and prayers your way. Fran

debrabrooks1960 responded:
Dear Jan,
I have been praying for your son and your family. My brother was on life support last January. It is so hard to see someone hyou love on life support. Please keep us updated on his condition.

All my prayers and love to your son and family;

Debbie Lewis
Your not over the hill until you are under the hill.

Helpful Tips

For All our new members
Welcome all new members, I want you to understand how important it is to be o.k. with coming here to lift your spirits and release ... More
Was this Helpful?
360 of 387 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.