Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Thursday ****8/15/2013 ****
dollbug posted:
Morning FMily....MiMi in NC...where it is cooler today. I think it just might be a nice day weatherwise.

Yesterday I received a call from the doctor in the morning....she told me that my insurance would NOT approve my MRI....and she was just calling me to find out what I wanted to do. I could NOT even believe that anyone would wait until the day of a process and call the patient with this kind of news. I had a choice. I could continue with the procedure if I wanted to pay for it. (I have insurance though and did not quite understand why the insurance company was not approving it). I did question the doctor but she did not have the answers that I wanted. So I turned around and called the insurance department. (by this time I was NOT a happy camper-and I think everyone knows what stress can do to us)

Anyway....I spent a lot of time on the telephone and actually did not resolve anything. Needless to say, I did not have the MRI.
It has been 3 weeks and I am still no closer in knowing what is going on than I was 3 weeks ago. Not a good thing for the mind or the body.

Here is hoping each of you had a good night's rest and I hope today will be a good day for us all, with little or no pain. I also hope today will be a better day than yesterday was.

Welcome to the new members who have joined our FM support group. I am sure that you, too, will find something that will help you cope better soon. Good support helps us all and I think we certainly have that here.

Be sure and check out the info here under *tips* and *resources* and be sure and review the *member toolbox*.

Vitamin D....so important for a lot of people these days. Be sure and speak to your doctor about having your Vitamin D level checked. Low Vitamin D can cause some people to have additional pain and it can also affect other illnesses as well.

That's all. Enjoy your Thursday today.

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

TurtleRunnerNC responded:
Finally got my follow up appointment tomorrow so I can start treatment. Any advice?

fibroinsd responded:
Hello...a nice day here...hard to believe I will be back at work next week..

Sorry about the insurance thing MImi...hopefully your doctor will get on it and get it approved..

Not much to add today..

Turtlerunner...I am not sure what all you have had checked? Tender points? Vit D? Vit B? ask about medications?? Sorry I am not more help.

cece
Let's put the fun back in dysfunctional !- Mary Englebright

TurtleRunnerNC replied to fibroinsd's response:
I've had everything checked and diagnosed with Fibro by Rheumatologist. He is sending me back to PCP for treatment.

Mimi how awful they wouldn't cover your MRI. Is there an appeals process?

missist replied to TurtleRunnerNC's response:
Hi Turtle Runner NC, Mary down in SC here.
Glad you have had your fibro confirmed so you can move on nd get going on improving symptoms and don't need to wonder what is wrong anymore.

Its a good thing and a sad thing at once.
Hope you hang around and get lots of help from folks who've been through it longer.

God Bless!
mary

Helpful Tips

~FM TIPS - LIVING W/ FM - TOOLBOX ~WELCOME NEWCOMMERS~
Welcome to Our FMily! My name is MeMe, I'm an FM suffer of 19 years, along with autoimmune diseases & other conditions. ... More
Was this Helpful?
461 of 536 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.