Skip to content
TGIF*****8/16/2013 *****Roll Call ****New Members too*****
dollbug posted:
TGIF*****and I am up too darn early this am. Was up too late last night also. MiMi in NC and it is going to be a very longggggg day for me. It is cool this morning...actually we have had several days cooler than normal.

OK....so after making several telephone calls Wednesday, my doctor (the one I normally see, I had left a message for on Wednesday) called back and left me a message that he would be back in touch with me about this. So yesterday I did get a call from his office stating that the MRI finally got approved and they wanted to know when it could be scheduled again. So I am actually going tonight at 8 pm to have it done. This was the first available slot so I took it. My DH will not have to take off work early again.

It amazes me just how *issues* can get resolved....when people speak up. I am sure that they have had enough from me, for a while. I was NOT a happy camper. I have now been dealing with my knee pain for 3 weeks. I can also tell that this is affecting my back now as well. It is always something to deal with.

I became *stressed out* for no reason and I hate getting this way....as I am sure my pain level doubled on Wednesday.

Here is hoping each of you had a good night's rest and I hope we all have a better day today. As I said it is going to be a very long day for me....no food for 8 hours before I go. So I can eat breakfast and a snack and then nothing else until after the MRI is done. They are using the IV to put something in my system and they are thinking that I might have to be sedated as well. I hope that I can do this without the sedation though. I guess we will see.

Welcome to the new members who have joined our FM support group recently. I am sure that each of you will soon find the right combination of tools which will improve your daily journey of dealing with the wrath of the dragon, aka FM. It does take time and effort to find what might work....so hang in here and learn all you can about how others deal with it.

Vitamin D....again I have to remind those who have not gotten their Vitamin D level checked yet....please speak to your doctor about this. Low Vitamin D can cause additional pain and it can also affect other illnesses as well.

A lot going on here with some of our FMers....please remember those who are dealing with so much at this time. Please know that prayers and thoughts are with each of you at this time. Hang in there.....as this, too, will pass. Things will get better.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it on this Friday.

Have a good day and remember to pace, pace and pace even more.

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

Anon_2912 responded:
You may be getting an MRI with and without contrast.

I have had plenty, but have never been told NOT to eat.

katmandulou responded:
TG It's FRIDAY! Cool and clear here, very sunny, heading to 79, or so they say.

The end of another week's worth of issues, some days I want to give up, unplug the phones and stay in bed. Already I need another vacation!

Dad is still in rehab, I saw him Wednesday, he was fine and seemed clear-headed until he told the speech therapist (she's new) that he wad 6 kids, and one died. My mom miscarried between me and my sister, but it was 'early'; there are just 17 months between us. I have to check with an aunt... So they say he can't go to assisted living, he'll need a skilled nursing center. That's what I need - both parents in nursing homes!

I hope the MRI finds what's wrong, Mimi. As annoying as the process is, I see a ray of light - at least you won't have to have your head in the machine. Good luck!

Gotta finish a couple things before I'm off to see Dad. I wish you all the best day - and the best weekend - you can possibly have!
Lou

TurtleRunnerNC responded:
So happy you got approval for your MRI and a quick slot!

Went to my PCP today with Rheumatologist diagnosis in hand. Dr was knowledgeable about treatment options and said ''I'm sure you've been doing a lot of reading. Do you have a preference? '' script for Savella starter pack and 2nd month at 50mg. Also Trazadone for sleep.

Bad news is no pharmacy near me had the starter pack in stock so I can't start it until Monday.

Dr said I will probably have to suck it up and deal with nausea for a couple weeks while I adjust. Yuck. But if it helps in the end I guess right?

dollbug replied to TurtleRunnerNC's response:
Hello TurtleRunner....In the meantime, be sure and read up on the *Savella*....I know Nana B takes only a very *small bit* of hers which works for her.

I had not tried it but I do hope others who have will chime in here and share their experiences with you.

As you probably already know....what works for one may r may not work for another. It does take a trial and error process to find the *right combination of tools* which will work for you. You will never know until you try.

Good luck.

MiMi

rudyandirmouse responded:
Good TGIF to all. I hope your day is going well and that the sun is shinning, it's warm and wonderful, where you are. Not here tho, again.

It's over cast and raining off and on. Cool too, no news there. This has been to coolest, rainiest summer I can remember ever going thru. Surely this means a cold, snowy winter. NOOOO to that! I swear if that happens I am going to stay with family and friends in Cali as much as I can this winter. I hate normal winters a real cold and snowy one would just finish me off.

Not much news here. Neck and balance ( dizziness ) still a big issue. Had a migraine on Wednesday afternoon, again, while driving home from having lunch with DH. UGH. Started a new med that my PCP hopes will help with the pain and burning feeling in the feet. So far nothing he's prescribed has help, rather, the side effects have caused me new health issues. Ugrrr. If I just didn't feel so dizzy I'd be okay, but dog gone it.. I move my head to the left or right and out of now where I get a migraine.. and it keeps me bed bound for nearly 24 hours. UGH.

I have a back adjustment at one and then after that I am heading home to help DH put some things into a backpack so he can have a change of cloths, etc, for the one day he, DSIL, GS will be in Ohio watching the Titians pre season game. DSIL got great seats too. 22ND row on the 20 yard line. Good enough that GS can drop down and get autographs. He's a Bengal fan so I hope the seats are on their side of the field.

DD is driving down to spend the night with me so if I should get another migraine she'll be here to help me to my meds, ice, and anything else I'd need until the migraine symptoms pass. Hopefully I'll be fine and she and I can go out and shop or have dinner together rather than me being flat on my face in bed in pain.

I don't know if angelswife has been posting here lately about her current medical issues, since I too drop in and out so much. But she's really up against it with medical issues right now. She got Lyme disease last June.. didn't catch it until it was in the late stages.. now she's fighting it and autoimmune issues as well. She's undergone testing for other medical illnesses and on top of that her DH is now without a job so her medical coverage is lapsing. So am asking her FMily here to keep her in your prayers each night as I am doing.

MiMi, so glad your got the MRI testing approved, sorry about the delay getting it tho, and I hope that it helps your PCP see what's wrong and get you onto to med or PT quickly so you get back to feeling well.

Lou, hang in there, it's all going to get better. Glad your dad is doing better with the TP, but sorry his memory issues are creeping back up. But it will get better, just doesn't feel like it will a lot of the time.
<<<< HUGS >>>>>

Okay, closing this here.. sending <<<< well wishes >>>> to all and I hope that you each have a wonderful day and that it is one that is fibro issue and pain.
Gentle hugs, Linda R

TurtleRunnerNC replied to dollbug's response:
Thanks Mimi! The doctor and i talked about this all being trial and error. He said it could be 4 to 6 weeks before I notice anything. Also said after 2 months if it is helping but I am still in pain he can increase dosage.

I did a lot of reading on drugs.com for Savella, Lyrica and Cymbalta. Read hundreds of user reviews etc. Seemed the lesser of the evils so I will givei t

I t. . L. O k. M y. K e y n b o a r d h a s. F r . A k e d o u t . I. C a n. S p e l l . W h a t. I n. T h e. W o e l s w o r l d.

dollbug replied to Anon_2912's response:
Perhaps it is due to the possibility of them having to provide me with a sedation. I only know that they said no food or even water for 8 hours prior to my appointment.

I know that when a person goes in for any sort of surgery a person can NOT have anything after midnight the night before.

This is only my opinion though.

MiMi

Helpful Tips

For All our new members
Welcome all new members, I want you to understand how important it is to be o.k. with coming here to lift your spirits and release ... More
Was this Helpful?
370 of 397 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.