Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Saturday ****8/17/2013 ****
dollbug posted:
Morning FMily....MiMi in NC where it is raining this morning....with more on its way. Bummer week-end for sure. But I think we have kind of gotten use to being damp here. For sure NC does not have a shortage on water. I keep wondering just what kind of winter we will end up having this time. I do hope the amount of rain does not bring us with the same amount of the *S* word. If so we are in for a very longggggg winter.

Here is hoping everyone had a good night's rest and I hope today will be a good one for us all, with little to no pain. I rested ok. I was really tired as we did not get back home until around 10. What an afternoon I had. I received a call around 4:15 and it was someone from the MRI department asking me if I could possibly arrive earlier than my appt. I explained to them that my DH was bringing me and I would have to call him to see. I reached him and he came in early. We were off around 5:00 and arrived at 5:30. I could NOT believe that they called me and I sat there until my scheduled apt of 8...needless to say I was NOT a happy camper. I am indeed glad that it is done. The MRI was much larger than what I had remembered years ago. I ended up and was stuck with needles several time and they could NOT get the IV in....so they elected NOT to use it. It took around 45 minutes for the procedure and my back was NOT happy at all.....but I did get through it.

Upon filling out the paperwork I have to reveal any *hardware* that I had in my body. Funny as I had never really stopped to think about this. I have it in both hands, my knee and my neck.

So this was my Friday....and now I move on.

I do hope everyone had a good week. I hope that this week-end each of us will be able to rest and are able to catch up on whatever you might have to do.

Welcome to the new members who have joined our support group recently. I am sure that soon each of you will soon find something that will help you cope better. Just hang in here and learn all you can about what others have found that has made a difference for them.

Vitamin D....remember to be sure and speak to your doctor about getting it checked...it just might make a difference in your pain level.

It is also important to learn how to pace, pace and pace even more. This is indeed a learning process but it sure does help the mind and body to cope better. Most of us FMers have been doers all of our life and have always done whatever it takes to get things done. Well, perhaps this is one reason we are now on this support group, trying to figure out how to manage the wrath of the dragon, aka FM. So now we, FMers, must figure out a way to regroup.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Have a good day.

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

TurtleRunnerNC responded:
Good morning Mimi and everyone else!

Yup too much rain in NC this year. That S word better not show up this winter! !!!!!!!

Supposed to run today but my hip has been bothering me a lot yesterday and this morning ( not a Fibro pain) and I know I need to be smart and listen to my body but I REALLY wanted to run this morning.

Got good sleep last night but still sluggish. Dr put me on Trazodone for sleep. Last night was my first dose. Worked good. Now if i could just stop getting up 4 times a night to pee

Sitting on the couch enjoying my morning coffee and mulling over this run. Gotta take the dogs out, which they don't like to go in the rain.

Mimi so glad your MRI is done but that was crappy to drag you in early and sit there the whole time! Hope it brings some answers.

Turtle

booch007 responded:
Crap Mimi I can't believe it too that they called you in and then had you WAIT for the same position??? Did you point out the call you received and that your DH left work for this....

They could have put you ahead.....shame, shame.

I am sorry to say we have had in NY the BEST week of the summer this week and I thank my sis who flew up to Long Island for a vacation....(see people in Florida come this way! . )

It has been sunny and 70's and low humidity. Thermo on the computer says 56* right now...it is great for projects and moving....I NEED to get moving.

There is a light at the end of the tunnel and I am feeling the pressure at work being lifted from me. So great to get my sense of humor back and can think again. I have been carrying lists* lots of lists* in my head of to-do's.......just feeling better.

The kids are in Disney and I just heard at my brother's it was 101* on his patio ! and that was without the added humidity! No wonder the pictures I have seen look like the kids are melted! I fear for the heat for them. . But smiles and looks like fun. Hope they are home soon...

Not much to say, Shots were good on Monday I reset well this time. I don't what happened last session. I just never turned around.....but so much better this week. OK....Hope for a good day for all. Get out and use your distraction pills to lessen the mess we are in.

Hugs to all, Nancy B

fibroinsd responded:
nice weekend here...I did get out to get some errands done that I have been needing to do..

I need to go exercise in a min. too..

I start back to work next week..so feeling like summer is ending. We did go to the beach last night for a quick supper of subway sandwiches at the beach...I wished we could have stayed longer..it was beautiful..

cece
Let's put the fun back in dysfunctional !- Mary Englebright

booch007 replied to fibroinsd's response:
Oh Cece...it is always nice where you live! WHO YOU KIDDIN!!

We all should come be neighbors and enjoy the CONSTANT 75* and sunny place where you abice!

Ha! I needed to put the air condition back on last night the humidity returneth! They say this week is going to go hotter than we have seen yet. CRAZY stuff this weather.
Nancy B .

booch007 replied to booch007's response:
ABIDE. I hate that I hit reply and didn't proof read........

Helpful Tips

~FM TIPS - LIVING W/ FM - TOOLBOX ~WELCOME NEWCOMMERS~
Welcome to Our FMily! My name is MeMe, I'm an FM suffer of 19 years, along with autoimmune diseases & other conditions. ... More
Was this Helpful?
462 of 537 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.