Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Thank you for everything dear friends...
dakotaspirit1957 posted:
Here I sit another day finished... I rested at the hospital today... The nurses teased they were taking bets who would wake from their nap first... My son or I... I won the contest after being asleep 4 &1/2 hours lol...

Still a long day... I am excruciatingly sad tonight... My son woke up tonight and wept for over an hour... They sedated him to stop the tears... It was hard to stand for so long on one leg but I managed to hold his hand and be close by for him... I can't stop hearing him weep... He wouldn't say a word... except "Mom" every so often... He just wept...

My heart is heavy tonight... I think the numbness is wearing off... I sent out a text message to almost everyone and gave the people with cells updates and told them I wasn't making calls tonight... I think I need some me time...

So I talked a little to my best friend... talked to a couple of people who don't have cells quickly... And spent the last hour talking to my dear daughter about me... It felt good to finally talk and not concentrate on him... Everyone else besides my youngest son, daughter and best friend are all him and how they feel... I felt like I was getting lost in the shuffle...

I am keeping a diary for my counselor... I plan to work on it before I close my night out with a movie or book... but tonight... today is finally done...

They didn't take the C Pak mask off today... Said he needed a day of rest... He rested quiet most of the day... When he heard me he woke and called my name so I would sit with him till he rested again... Sometimes within minutes he was fine sometimes not...

Emotionally I am rot... I feel drained this evening... More then I have all week... Physically... I definitely needed the nap I got today... I hurt from head to toe... My finger tips are on fire as I type... But it feels good to be talking...

I am trying to pace myself and rest as often as I can... They have a couch in his room and I lie on it as often as he is resting quietly... Which thank God was most of today...

My bad leg is feeling it... It is definitely not numb... I walk as often as possible... stretch as often as possible... It is rebellious... lol...

My Parkinsons was pretty active today... But I didn't kick anyone when I was at my worst... Nor did I throw things too far... And they didn't mind helping me pick up a pen or two... lol... It was a lot easier to pat his hand then to rub it tho lol... I was on the jerk a lot lol... It was better after my 4 & 1/2 hour nap and isn't too bad now... lol... I think I am too tired to move lol... So my body doesn't have the strength to jerk lol...

My FM.... Well... This here bout can subside any time it would like to take pity on me... It definitely isn't liking the stress... But then when does FM and stress get along... I just keep telling them {the FM and Stress} to play nice together and so far they are bad children... lol...

My MS... Well... I would love a super hot shower to kill all this pain... But I know a cool one will have to do... Even a warm one would take all my strength tonight... Or I might wait till morning and face the odds then...

No hospital in the morning... I have a Dr appointment.. So I probably won't get there till around noon... It will be a short day tomorrow... My son gets off work at 5 and wants to have a real supper... So I told him I would come home early and he invited his Dad and his Dad's wife over for supper... They are taking me to my appointment and they want to see my son in the hospital... I don't think he is ready for visitors but I guess if only for a minute...

I thank you all for your support and prayers... I can feel them surrounding us...

Gotta go rest now... Or write...

Take care... Love... Jan/Dakota

missist responded:
Jan..

Learn about Traumatic brain injury-- even if he has some brain injury caused by overdosing on RX meds--it is going to be a similar recovery.

Emotional outbursts are a big part of that. My bro-in-law had trouble controlling his emotions for a long time, I'm thinking more than a year. Your son may not have as long a recovery as C. had-- but he will still have ups and downs--crying jags, etc.

Don't worry too much those--just be there for him and speak truth to him--if he thinks his life is hopeless or starts to beat himself up emotionally, just be very kind and huggy and tell him goodthings to think about.

Also he may have trouble with other things after this, like walking maybe-- depends on how he is injured. Some of that will clear up and some he may need some help.

It will be OK in the long run.
Mary

dakotaspirit1957 replied to missist's response:
Thanks Mary... I have done some research already and talked to a few doctors... Thanks for your wisdom and advice... I greatly appreciate you sharing with me...

Take care.... Love... Jan/Dakota

Helpful Tips

~FM TIPS - LIVING W/ FM - TOOLBOX ~WELCOME NEWCOMMERS~
Welcome to Our FMily! My name is MeMe, I'm an FM suffer of 19 years, along with autoimmune diseases & other conditions. ... More
Was this Helpful?
457 of 532 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.