Skip to content
Nopalecea??
zippdee7 posted:
Has anyone ever heard of Nopalacea juice? I may not have the correct spelling, but I heard it helps eliminate inflammation.
Any comments on it?

Thanks

Zippdee7

missist responded:
It is my understanding that this is a juice made from prickly pear cactus. Around here you can buy those in the produce dept of a Mexican grocery store.

As for eliminating inflammation--I do not know.

I can tell you that my 'personal rule of thumb' when it comes to natural remedies is they will probably not completely eliminate any symptoms, but might help, usually not overnight though.

Also you need to really investigate them-- because some natural cures/herbs/etc.. do interact with other meds and there may be side effects involved you didn't expect.

Generally it is said--to talk to your doctor. Chances are however your doctor will have no idea if it will help or not.

Try looking up
nopalea

Good luck!
Mary

zippdee7 replied to missist's response:
Thanks. It peaked my interest. I keep seeing the infomercials in the morning and was just curious.

Thanks for the reply. Just holding out hope. I'm in a mess right now. Need to change something.

dollbug replied to zippdee7's response:
Hello zippdee......MiMi in NC...perhaps you should goggle
Nopalea juice and read about what it may or may not do.

IF it sounds too good to be true.....then this is a very good sign to stay away from it. IF it is real EXPENSIVE....then I would certainly do a lot of research on it first.

As you probably already know....we all react to *things* differently.

Again I have to share my latest and greatest *find* which has done wonders for my lower back pain. P5P....which is only a processed form of Vitamin B 6. I could hardly believe that a vitamin could work like this does. I had been to several doctors who could NOT find anything wrong with my back. (made me think I was making up the pain)....until my daughter heard a local doctor on Fox Channel talking about Morton's toes and people who can NOT process Vitamin B 6. I did not even know this could happen to anyone and I guess most doctors do not know this either. Anyway....the next time I had to go to the Vitamin Store I was talking to the man about it and he told me that I should know by the time I finished the first bottle, if it was working for me. He was correct....actually I found out about 2 weeks into taking the capsule every day. It sure worked *wonders* for me.

The bottle was about just under $11. I really do NOT understand exactly how or why it works....but I know that I no longer have the lower back pain that I did. I also know that IF I happen to forget to take it every 24 hours that my back pain returns. So I am assuming that I will be taking it the rest of my life. I only hope that it will always be available for purchase.

I am so sure that there is something out there that will help us FMers with the pain that we have....but it does take time and effort to find the combination of tools that will work for each of us. With whatever you try....you should allow at least 6-8 weeks of trying it before making a decision as to whether or not it is working.

If you are looking for something for inflammation then I would say trying Omegas would be a good thing to try. I take Salmon and Doctor Oz says Krill is the best. I will probably try that next.

I do think that we FMers do have some form of inflammation....even though it is said that we don't. I also think that the doctors do NOT always know what will help us....(which has been my case) It would indeed be great IF there was a *magic pill* which would work on all of us....but I do not think that will ever happen either.

Take care and good luck. I hope you find something soon.

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

Helpful Tips

Living Well with Fibromyalgia
Greetings! I have learned patience and a positive attitude is key to my pain management. I developed Fibromyalgia after a hysterectomy in ... More
Was this Helpful?
191 of 208 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.