Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
pain between shoulder and spine
Shannon_Darlene posted:
Hello everyone looking for some advise. Last August (2012 ) I had an onset of pain on my right side between my spine and shoulder . it is a constant deep aching , burning , tightness that worsens in the afternoon to evening . It worsens after doing dishes hanging clothes any movement that requires my arms in front or above head. It fills temporary a little better with stretching , massage , heat and ice. I've done lots of research seen multiple doctors and tried numerous therapys. I have yet to find a reason to my mystery pain or treatment . I was not injured or anything. I have good posture and am not overweight. Deep. deep massage feels really good and does not cause any pain . ( trigger points cause reffered pain ) . Right ? . Myofascial pain is trigger points ? I do not have 11/18 tender points for fibromyalgia . however I do have low energy . X-rays for my ribs look good x rays of my shoulder look good . I took four months of to get out of the office and of the computer to see if that what the cause of my pain was no relief. I have had steroid injections no relief. All sorts of muscle relaxers pain killers . Anti deppresents. Only helpful thing I've had was two toroidal injections those provided seven or so days of relief. I have not tried I chiropractor due to the cost and my health insurance does not cover it. I know a veritable or rib or there good be a joint dysfunction does anyone have any advise or other ideas of what could be causing this pain. Please any thing would help .

TurtleRunnerNC responded:
Wish I had advice for you.. have they done an MRI?

Anon_10089 responded:
Hello-

I have had a pain like what yours sounds like for years. Mine is caused from a scoliosis in that area. I have only ever had chiropractors treat me. I still have the pain when I walk a lot or do any activity for awhile that involves my arms. Massage, heat, bengay patches over it also help.

Look for chiropractors on Groupon. I was able to have an initial appointment and a massage for $35. If you can shuffle funds around for a chiropractor, you might get some relief.

franr responded:
Dear Shannon
I also experience that deep burning,stabbing pain between my two shoulders and going down my spine. This went on for 10-12 weeks.It was worse in the afternoon and evening.At the time of this flareup I had severe insomnia,The med I was on for 20 years stop working.(Klonapin) and after many different drugs that didn't work my new pain management MD put me on a drug that put me in a deep sleep. After 5 days the pain disapated.And I went into remission.Pain management told me the pain was coming from end of each spinal segment. I also take Grailse which is a long acting neurotin which also helps. So don't give up .There an answer out there for you. Fran

Shannon_Darlene responded:
Alright, I have had no relief with thoriac injections . Also I went to to a physical therapy and they turned me away because they said there was nothing that he could diagnosis . Does anyone know why extremely deep deep presure would help relieve the pain temporarily for example my husbands elbow with all his weight in my rhomboid or putting a golf ball inder the upper back and ttying to apply all my weight . Please if you have any insight I would really apreciatr it !

Helpful Tips

~FM TIPS - LIVING W/ FM - TOOLBOX ~WELCOME NEWCOMMERS~
Welcome to Our FMily! My name is MeMe, I'm an FM suffer of 19 years, along with autoimmune diseases & other conditions. ... More
Was this Helpful?
447 of 521 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.