Skip to content


    Exciting News for WebMD Members!

    We've been busy behind the scenes building new message boards for you. You'll have new and easier ways to find messages, connect with others, and share your stories.

    And, this will all be available on your smartphone or other mobile device!

    What Do You Need to Do?

    The message board you're used to will be closing in the coming weeks. While many of your boards will be making the move to our new home, your posts will not. Want to keep a discussion going? Save posts you want to continue (this includes your member profile story), so that you can re-post them in the new message boards.

    Keep an eye here and on your email inbox, we'll be back in touch soon to give you all the information you need!

    Yours in health,
    WebMD Message Boards Management

    Tuesday ****8/20/2013 ****
    dollbug posted:
    Morning FMily....MiMi in NC....where it is cloudy with a chance of showers today....this seems to the be is also cool....and to think it is still August....when it should be hot. Well, I guess the weather is not normal this we have had more rain than we normally have. Again I just hope that this is NOT a sign of what might be expected this winter, if so, NC is in deep trouble.

    I do hope everyone had a good night's rest and I hope today will be a good day for us all with little to no pain. I woke up and am having some issues with my chest today. I sure hope this clears up soon.

    A doctor called me yesterday and spoke to me briefly about my MRI. He said I need to see a specialist about what is going on with my I guess I will wait on my doctor to let me know who I am to see. I told this man that I wanted my doctor in the loop of this so he can suggest who I need to see. In the past he has always steered me in the right direction....he is an older doctor and knows who is good there.

    Again....there are a lot of our FMers here who are dealing with issues of sorts....I hope things will soon improve with whatever each of you are facing. I know how hard it is to have extra things to figure out when we do not exactly feel the best in the first place. It seems to always be something for all of us. So much to deal with. We have to keep on keeping on and do the best we can. I think this is all we can do....and just hope and pray for the best.

    Cory I do hope you can find out what is going on with your hearing. My DH has hearing issues too....but his is from being around loud airplanes for a very long time. I can imagine just how nerve wracking the noise can be for you. Again I hope things get better soon for you. I am glad you did not damage your vehicle when you hit Bambi.

    Lou and Cece....I hope things get better with your parents. I know just how hard this can be. I will say this that I found out when you have a loved one in the nursing home you have to really stay on top of what is going on with them. I learned a lot when dad was there. There is such a big turnover of employees that I do not think most of them are properly trained to know how to deal with some of the patients that are there. It is sad that people can NOT be trusted as well. And then there is the problem of your loved ones not being able to let you know when something is not quite right. I know that I made friends with the nurses when he was there and they never knew when I was going to *pop in*....which seemed to keep them on their toes. I always made an effort to go there at different times of the day and night....just to check on him and what kind of condition he was in when I arrived.

    Deb I sure hope your sister recovers soon. Prayers and thoughts are with her.

    Jan, I sure hope things will continue to get better for your son. Prayers and thoughts are with him and you and the family as well. I can imagine just how tough this can be. We can never know and understand what goes on with another person and how they feel. All we can do is hope and pray that things get better.

    Welcome to the new members who have joined our FM support group. I am sure that each of you will soon find the *right combination of tools* which will improve your journey each day with the wrath of the dragon, aka FM. I encourage you to check out the info here under *tips* and *resources* and be sure and review the *member toolbox*....where you will find some good suggestions that just might help you cope better.

    Vitamin sure and ask your doctor to check your Vitamin D level...which is important to a lot of people these days.

    That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

    Remember to pace, pace and pace even more.


    fibroinsd responded:
    Good Morning.

    Well, it is back to work day for me. I cannot believe school is starting tomorrow...summer went by much too fast. I am not ready to go back..I don't think...but we will see how it goes.
    Can you tell I am not a morning person??

    Let's put the fun back in dysfunctional !- Mary Englebright
    TurtleRunnerNC responded:
    Hope you get some good info on your knee!

    First full day on Savella. Took first one last night. 2nd one this morning. Last night I took it with dinner and no issues. Took this morning with breakfast. Some mild nausea but not bad. Kinda shaky though.

    Cutting my Trazodone in half is getting me good sleep without the grogginess and i can poop again YAY!
    katmandulou responded:
    Just a quick check-in today. When I got to Dad yesterday, he was asleep, so I made a trip to AC Moore (nearer to him than to my house) and did a little shopping. Then back to the nursing home.

    He was awake, but a little groggy, then the PT came in. Karen got him to agree to go for a walk, and I brought up the rear with a wheelchair, just in case. We got near the door and she said "Wanna go outside?" It was a beautiful day, so we did. Not five minutes later she said, "wanna go for a walk? Not you," she pointed at Dad. "You get to ride." I almost cried. We were outside, he was grinning and telling the story of how the convent got the land we were walking on - Dad's family owned it and sold it in the early 60s! Now he knows for sure where he is, got to tell someone new his stories, and I'm hopeful he'll get home in the next couple of weeks.

    Some days are better than others.
    dollbug replied to katmandulou's response:
    Hello Lou....I enjoyed reading your post above about your dad. I wanted to tell you that when my dad was in the nursing home....I would take him for a walk....normally we would do this at night when the other residents there were in their rooms for the night. I did this so we would not trip over anyone sitting in wheel chairs or those who were trying to walk and had problems doing so. I truly think that this helped dad. The nursing home had pictures in the hall and he would walk and look at the pictures and talk about them.

    Dad did not know who I was for the most part....he knew that I brought him clean clothes, helped him shave and cut his hair. It is quite sad that some nursing homes do not have enough help to make sure the residents are looked after like they should be. I know that I saw so much going into the dining rooms and watching things that go on.

    There were some who had family but no one ever came to visit them. Some, of course, were bedridden and were not able to get out of bed. I never really knew (for sure) when and if dad knew things that perhaps he did not let on he knew.

    I am sure you have learned a lot with your parents being in nursing homes as well.

    I hope your dad will soon be well enough to go back home.

    Take care and remember to pace, pace and pace even more. I know that you have a lot on your plate right now.


    missist replied to dollbug's response:
    Good Evening all!

    Well i got some exciting news, I'm going to have a 5th grandchild next spring. My son, who lives on the other side of the country from me, and his wife are expecting #3.

    He says he will talk to his boss tomorrow about moving. They would like to live nearer to us and there are some possible places within the company so-- God willing perhaps they will move near. I hope so. Its very difficult to see them. It is about 8 hours by airplane and I have sciatica like crazy in 30 minutes. I'm trying to fix that--but it is a very stubborn problem.
    I have more incentive now. If I can get my muscles to loosen up somehow by spring--and they are not moved--i will go there.

    Very happy to welcome more babies.

    Lou--I'm so glad your Dad is doing better. I used to work in a nursing home--and I know they would sedate some just cuz they were a bit annoying-- so wrong.

    Corey-- if you write later. hope you find out what is wrong with the ear. I have lost a lot of hearing the past few months & have had buzzing driving me nuts since about January I think. I have no idea if that has anything to do with fibro--but my doctor seems to think it has to do with central sensitization. So basically nerves. Still-- I take RX stuff for nerves and it hasn't helped.

    Mimi-- good luck with your knee! You are going to have more fake parts than real ones if you keep falling apart. Poor dear!

    Well I'm keeping busy, finished up work on 4 wedding cake toppers today, want to ship but I need pix first and my camera batteries died in the middle of taking pix. Just as well--I needed to stop and put my feet up. I can catch up in the morning.

    I cannot remember if I had more to say. LOL. Well g'nite then!
    dollbug replied to missist's response:
    Hello and congratulations on your 5th is indeed exciting to find out that we are being blessed again with a little bundle of joy to love and cherish. I can hardly wait until Thanksgiving when our little turkey will be here. I think my GS is ready to become a big brother. I also hope that they will be able to move closer so you can enjoy the baby more. They do grow up so very fast.

    This will be our 4th one and probably the last one....unless, or course, something changes.

    Take care and have a peaceful and restful night.


    mnjeepguy responded:
    Good evening everyone. Man, was it hot for us today! We hit the low 90's with high humidity. Now, that may not be hot to some but for here that's a scorcher. Work ridiculously get the idea. Lol

    I did not have the best day but I count my blessings. I threw my back out mildly washing my face this morning before work, (really?) It is not bad enough for me to miss work, just bad enough to make it really uncomfortable. I mentioned the muscle I could not loosen up just yesterday to the Dr., he said not to worry too much about it, if it did not affect normal movements. It does now so I called for a renewal for Flexeril. They did not get back to me before they closed for the day. Hopefully they call me tomorrow.

    I got in for my ear tomorrow at 3. It will be nice to figure out what's going on. It's easy to forget how precious our senses are until they have issues.

    I wish I had time to post to all of you but I am shot and headed to bed. Take care everyone.


    Helpful Tips

    Welcome to Our FMily! My name is MeMe, I'm an FM suffer of 19 years, along with autoimmune diseases & other conditions. ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    489 of 564 found this helpful

    Related Drug Reviews

    • Drug Name User Reviews

    Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

    FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.