Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Hump Day *****8/21/2013 *****
dollbug posted:
Morning FMily....MiMi in NC where I got up really early this morning....around 5 am......at which time I started the morning post for the day.....where o where did it go? Into cyberspace, I suppose. Makes me wonder IF I included something that did not need to be here....lol.

Here is hoping each of you had a good night's rest and I hope today will be a good day for us all....with little to no pain.

So much going on everywhere.

School will be starting next week in most of the NC schools. So many cutbacks going on and people are NOT happy with this.

I shopped for both of my GC to have the supplies that they need to start with. I am sure that there will be another list for more when school starts. Children must have supplies in order to do work in school.

Welcome to the new members who have joined our FM support group. Hang out with us for a while and learn what others have found that has make a difference for them. You will find all sorts of good tips here....be sure and check out the *tips* and *resources* sections....and review the *member toolbox* as well.

Vitamin D......my favorite thing to *mention*....so very important.....speak to your doctor about getting your level checked....low Vitamin D can cause additional pain for some people and it can also affect other illnesses as well.

That's all folks.

Remember to pace, pace and pace even more.

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

katmandulou responded:
Humping Along... which reminds me: what are they advertising with the camel trying to get people to say "hump day"?

81? here now, going up to 87. I like the warm air, but not the humidity it will bring with it. I had to turn on the AC last night, I can't sweat and sleep. LOL

Tonight is my downtown association's back to school event, which I started six years ago. You buy a ticket. get a bag and a 'map, and visit businesses throughout downtown collecting school supplies. A ticket is $2 per kid, and I love the looks on their faces. Lots of them are little, going into kindergarten, and soo excited. We limit it to kids going into K-6. I can't wait!

Between the BTS event and Dad, life has been trying. My big joints are still painful all the time. The stuff the doc gave me made me nutty, so that's over. And sleep - I need more of that.

My fave radio station just posed this trivia question: The average person sends 34 hours a week doing this. My guess: SLEEP!

Gotta go. I wish you all the best day you can possibly have!
Lou

missist replied to katmandulou's response:
Aww.. kindergarteners. Such a sweet imagination I have thinking of that. My oldest grand gal goes to school next year, I'm sure she will be running it by the end of the first day.

I've been up an working for a while today, stopped to have a little breakfast and I'm headed to my lovely lovely hot tub soon.

I've been trying really hard to loosen the muscles in my lower back and legs and I have made it worse of course. Grr.

Life goes on, if its not one pain--its another eh?

We have no sun today--just solid wall to wall clouds. How much more rain can the Carolinas hold? Dunno.

Best to all!
Mary

missist replied to katmandulou's response:
oh... geico insurance. I love their commercials.

dollbug replied to katmandulou's response:
Hello Lou.....I love the camel commercial as well. I think it might be insurance.....don't really know for sure though....but I do hear the camel talking and walking saying.....does anyone know what day today is.....so funny....I guess it is NOT good that we remember the camels but NOT what it stands for......lol.

What a nice idea....for students to do. So what kind of school supplies do they get? (can't get much at all these days for $2)....so I am sure they get their money's worth whatever it is.

Little children get so excited for whatever they get. I think this is why I enjoy Christmas so much.

5 hours a night on average for sleeping????? Not enough for adults.....you know and I know that adults need more than 5 hours a night.....although this is what my DH gets....and he is a cancer survivor....(this bothers me but I can NOT do anything about it).

Take care and I hope you have a good day.

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

katmandulou replied to dollbug's response:
The camel is advertising Geico Insurance. haha he's funny...

The kiddos will get all kinds of stuff later! So far I know this: pencils, pens, erasers, notebooks, folders, markers... and more. We have 30 businesses, most in our beautiful downtown, giving out back to school supplies. We keep the cost down for those who can't afford a lot, but we charge so it has a value. There's also a $5 cap per family.

Our state rep does a program she calls Supply Sacks. She asks for items to give to kids in foster care, both school supplies and clothes, especially undergarments. I encourage each business to give their 'left-overs' to this program. She was aghast after seeing kids in the local social services office with all their belongings in trash bags. It moved he to tears.

The trivia question: The average person sends 34 hours a week doing this. The answer: watch TV! My guess was so wrong; if I get at least 5 hours a night I can function, but not too long.
Off to start the give-away. Have a great day!Lou

bette_kaffitz replied to katmandulou's response:
School Supplies

Our local Walgreens has a list of the supplies needed for each grade in our local schools. You can buy any or all of the items and put them in a bin (they're mostly on sale now) or you can donate a dollar amount towards their purchase.

I can't believe how much stuff kids have to supply now. Back when my boys were in school, I bought this out of the money I earned selling butter, eggs, and milk to the neighbors. It just wouldn't do the trick now.

BetteK

ManuelReyes replied to missist's response:
Really, kindergarten is the learning center which is the second home to children as they learn the things while playing. I think every kids should go to kindergarten as it develops the interaction skills.

Helpful Tips

~FM TIPS - LIVING W/ FM - TOOLBOX ~WELCOME NEWCOMMERS~
Welcome to Our FMily! My name is MeMe, I'm an FM suffer of 19 years, along with autoimmune diseases & other conditions. ... More
Was this Helpful?
463 of 538 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.