Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Thursday ****8/22/2013 ****
dollbug posted:
Morning FMily....MiMi in NC where it is going to be humid and hot today....but I guess this is normal for this time of year. It did cool down for a day or two but I do not think summer it done yet.

I do hope each of you had a good night's rest and I hope today will be a good day for us all. I have to do a couple of errands today....so I am hoping I can find the energy to get them done.

Tonight is open house at most schools....students go to see where their rooms are and who there teachers are too. It is an exciting time for most children....or at least it will be a change. It is good to have time off and always good to get back to see friends and start learning again.

Welcome to the new members who have joined our FM support group. I am sure that each of you will soon find the *right combination of tools* which will make a difference for your journey each day. It does take a trial and error process which does take time and effort....so hang in there and find what works for you.

Vitamin D....so important. Be sure and ask your doctor to check your Vitamin D level. Low Vitamin D can cause additional pain for some people and it can also affect other illnesses as well.

For new members....be sure and check out the info here under *tips* and *resources* and be sure and review the *member toolbox*.

Have a good Thursday and remember to pace, pace and pace even more.

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

TurtleRunnerNC responded:
Good morning Mimi

I got a 4 mile run in this morning and yesterday too. Mentally, and physically. I feel better when I run. Real stiff today and sore when I stand up from sitting. Time to use the foam roller and get some kinks out. I am running my first 10k race on Saturday. I'm excited and nervous. Not sure why. I know I can do it as I ran a half Marathon in April. Odd.

DD had her back to school night on Tuesday and my son last night. Seem to have good teachers. All seemed big on communication. Which is great.

Hope everyone has a great and pain free day.

missshortyd replied to TurtleRunnerNC's response:
Morning Fmily
Hope everyone had a good nite. I slept for seven hours last nite first time in years I feel great!!!!!

mnjeepguy responded:
Good afternoon everyone. It had a busy day yesterday and didn't make it on. I was falling asleep at 8pm. I left work at 1 to have time to get ready for the Dr. appt. On the way there they called and said my script for Flexeril to loosen up my wrecked back. A small win, because it was usually an emergency my regular Dr. had never prescribed it, and I wanted to switch pharmacies.

The ear Dr. was very good. He looked at my ears and said they appeared normal. A thorough hearing test showed all my midrange was gone in the right ear. He said with the sudden onset loss I had about 1/3 get it back, 1/3 stay the same, and 1/3 get worse. If it gets worse they do an MRI. In the mean time, standard meds of an anti-viral and steroids. The ant-viral in case it is an infection, and the steroids if it's a nerve problem. I go back in three months for another test. The good news is that it's very rare to have it happen to both ears.

Aside from a sore back, being sleepy from meds, and half deaf on one side, I am doing pretty good and counting my blessings. I still have quite a few. I will try to post more later.

Take care everyone.

Cory

fibroinsd responded:
Afternoon..

I am very tired and dragging. I have been working 5 and a half hours the last two days...on my feet and walking all day..and I can barely stay awake right now...This won't last. As soon as they can hire more help, things will change..but it will probably go on into Oct...

I went up last night to the college to hear some more about the program I signed up for there..and I am overwhelmed by it all...I want to quit, but will give it a little more time..

Guess I am feeling a little overwhelmed all around..and my neck is still hurting. I got a letter from a bone density scan I had done and it said something called femoral neck osteopnia..not sure what that means..I have a call into my doctor...

Cory..glad to see you so upbeat, with all that is going on..hope the hearing gets better with the steroids and anti-viral..

cece
Let's put the fun back in dysfunctional !- Mary Englebright

Anon_408 replied to fibroinsd's response:
cece
Typing those words into a search (femoral neck osteopnia)shows this:
The femur (thigh bone) has a large, ball-like surface that fits into the hip socket and a short femoral neck that leads to the long shaft of the bone.

I thought because you been having problems with neck, it had something to do with your neck?

bette_kaffitz replied to fibroinsd's response:
Mary,

Please try to stick it out with your college program. When I started college at 37, I had never had a bookbag before and managed to bury my registration forms (to get into the first classes) somewhere in one of the pockets. I emptied the whole thing--including $350 worth of books on the sidewalk and found the forms. Rushed to my first class where a jeans clad young man held the door open for me. "Thank you. You should know though, that I'm not the instructor." I said. His reply? "I know. I'm teaching this class." That first week was tough, but things got better. I was a "B" student, not an "A," but that was O.K. I did as well as I could with the time I had available. So will you.

Anatomy uses terms more than one way. Just as the neck that supports your head is a narrow area below a wider area, you can have a neck in other parts of the body like your cervix (the opening to your uterus) or the femur (the long, upper leg bone). Same principle, different area.

Hope you neck resolves itself soon. It IS a pain in the neck to have a painful neck.

BetteK

Helpful Tips

Living Well with Fibromyalgia
Greetings! I have learned patience and a positive attitude is key to my pain management. I developed Fibromyalgia after a hysterectomy in ... More
Was this Helpful?
190 of 207 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.