Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Saturday *****8/24/2013*****
dollbug posted:
Morning FMily....MiMi in NC where it is *cool* this morning. What a difference it feels like.....going to get up to low 80's though which is predicted. Feels like a fall morning. It is hard to believe that August is almost over and soon our *holiday season* will be here. I am hoping for a nice fall season instead of a short one. Again I am hoping that we do NOT get the same amount of snow as we got in rain this time.....but I guess we will soon know.

My DD said that her first impression of my GS'S teacher is good. I hope it is a good match for him and I hope he will learn a lot. I also hope this year will be a better year than last year.

I hope each of you had a good night's rest and I hope today will be a good day for us all with little to no pain. I hope everyone will have some sunshine to enjoy.....as this is always good for the mind and the body. It makes the body feel good to soak up the sunshine.

I hope those who are having more than their share of issues will soon find a resolution to whatever they are dealing with. I know just how tough things can get. Just remember that this too will soon pass. It does take time sometimes actually more than we expect it to. I have to say that for the most part I just read about what is going on with others and then I know that my situation could be so much worse than it is. This is always a good way to view what is going on.

Welcome to the new members who have joined our FM support group. I am sure that soon each of you will find something that will help you cope better. It does take a trial and error process to find the right combination of *tools* that might help you. You will never know until you have tried different kinds of things. As for me....I take vitamins and supplements and use other tools as well. Am I pain free....no and I do not expect to be. But I am so much better than I have been. Whatever it takes to improve our pain....is worth the effort.

Vitamin D.....again I encourage everyone to keep tabs on this which is important to a lot of people these days. Low Vitamin D can cause additional pain for some people and it can also affect other illnesses too. A good thing is that it is a cheap fix....but takes a while to get the level back within the *normal range and keep it there*.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Have a great Saturday and remember to pace, pace and pace even more.

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

mnjeepguy responded:
Good morning Mimi. I know what you mean, that we could be in a worse situation. So many have it worse than I. It is comforting that we can share here without scrutiny. I love that about this place.

I slept good again, no doubt thanks to the 4 meds I have to take at the moment. I usually sleep well but not this long. With me going to three more night shifts starting tonight, it is a blessing. After these three, hopefully I am done for the year with vacation relief and back to my 5 day schedule.

I still have ringing in the ear but it may be improving some. I read a lot about this and it seems that there is a good chance for improvement, but not full recovery of the hearing loss. I will be happy as long as it doesn't get worse. My back is still cranky but has loosened up some. I will stop the flexeril before I go to work this evening. It's dangerous to be on that at work.

We managed to get school supplies and shoes out of the way yesterday. We still need a few clothes for the boys but they have a good supply to start. I forget how much the parents are responsible for in supplies these days. When I was in school not long ago, it was minimal. Now it seems like we buy everything used in the classroom.

My oldest will be 13 tomorrow. This is the last important date of a slew of them in August for us. He has grown so much over the summer. He is now as tall as mom and only one shoe size below me. He went up 1 1/2 sizes over the summer break. They predict he will be about 6'-4" tall, towering over my 6'.

Everyone seems to be dealing with a lot right now. I'm thinking of you all today. I hope things improve and that you keep your spirits up in these difficult times. We must persevere.

Take care everyone. Have the best day possible.

Cory

rudyandirmouse responded:
Good Saturday MiMi, Cory and to follow. I do hope your Saturday is starting off well and that each of you had a good yesterday.

It's hot and sunny here. Typical August weather that we haven't seen until yesterday. DH is out on the lawn tractor mowing the back yard while it's still cool enough to do that. Plan to get to church service this afternoon, DH's church and tomorrow I will attend Latin Mass in the afternoon. Nice to be out again having been indoors for so many days and nights sick with neck and head pain. I took advantage of feeling well and DH driving so I did my Whole Food's shopping yesterday and felt petty good.. a little off balance at some points while out but did the neck rotation as per doctor instruction and the light headedness and numbness in the hands passed and I went on about my business. So far each dr I've seen is saying it's in the neck, I have mild scoliosis in the spine and neck so maybe it's that. But I don't know if it's that since I haven't heard back yet with results from the MRI.

Cory, I do hope that the ringing in your ears passes quickly and that your hearing loss will be temporary and I'm glad you're getting to sleep longer, but sorry 's more sleep than you want.
As for your back I hope also that it begins to feel good again. I have been told that I am not so see my chiropractor until I see what's up with my neck. So my back too is cranking up some pain as I sit and stand. Wishing you well soon.
And Happy Birthday wishes to your son.

cece, sorry this first week of school is tiring you outs. Like you need that. Hope all is going better with you your parents. Like you need more stuff to deal with. When dose your USD CSSD classes start? You Go Girl. It takes a very special person to go into special ed. Will you be taking classes for Spanish speaking students well?

Okay, I've gotta get up and get moving .. wishing each of you a wonderful day filled with sunshine, blue skies and white clouds and of course a fibro issues and pain free.
Gentle hugs, Linda R.

TurtleRunnerNC responded:
Chiming in late this morning. Was up and out the door by 6:15am for my first 10K race. It was hilly, which I did not know until I got there. I was hoping to finish in 1 hour 15 min and I came in @ 1:09:07 !!!!

Even met another runner with Fibro! !!!

Absolutely beautiful day here! !'!'!

Kids go back Monday. Still need supplies. Ooops.

fibroinsd responded:
Quick check in..

trying to clean up the house a bit...it has been a disaster area lately..we are trying to clean out some stuff..that was going to be my summer project..but didn't get it done..

first week at work went ok..I was tired..hard to get back into the swing of things...things keep changing there...first weeks of school are always changing..

My classes start next week...I have to get organized !!!

My neck and back are still killing me...ugh...

cece
Let's put the fun back in dysfunctional !- Mary Englebright

missist replied to fibroinsd's response:
very tired today. peeved at myself a bit too. I tried to get a big chunk of work done yesterday--which I did!! yay.

But then I woke in the middle of the night to hear an insane amount of rain and so I lay there worrying about hubby's boat. Which-- I probably do not know enough about boats. but I know I am in charge of turning the pump on if it rains a lot--so finally about 3 am I peeked out the window to see the boat was fine. LOL. back to sleep and before I knew my dawgs were nudging and whining.

That was it. Today is toast.
Haven't been able to accomplish a thing--well I did get 2 loads of laundry done and clean my dishes and bleach the sink--so that isn't nothing. I also drove to town and picked up some wood for my shop--so that's not nothing either.

I'm always most hard on myself when I' too tired to do much. Especially cuz I don't know why I always fall into that trap of doing more than I should or worrying--and let it knock me for a loop. Why can I never remember what happens?

Oh well.. tomorrow will be better I guess I need a day off.
Mary

debrabrooks1960 responded:
Saturday will be over for me in 7 minutes, but I wanted to post today. I hope everyone is sleeping well tonight. I got interested in watching old movies on television. My puppy has fallen asleep before me! She is sleeping next to me on the floor. We have finally had two days of no rain. My yard is finally starting to dry up a little. We have had to wade in over ankle deep water just to get to our car. Now it is just about 2 inches deep. Hopefully if we can not get rain tomorrow it will dry up. We are luckily than some. They have knee high water to wade though. It seems each day we think we might dry up, it will rain hard again.
Today was the first day I felt half decent. I have had a really bad month. Lots of pain and extreme tireness. Today I seemed to be better. I got luckily and got an electric scooter at Walmart so I was able to shop without getting tired.
Cory- I hope your work week goes fast. I know you will be glad to get back on your regular schedule. I hope your ear gets better soon.
Linda-I am glad you are feeling better. I hope you do not over do it this weekend. That is usally my problem when I feel good. I will usually over do it. I would love to live in Tennesse. It is so pretty there. We travel through Tennesse to go to visit relatives in Kentucky and Indiana. I have always thought it was such a beautiful state. I love going to Pigeon Forge ( I hope I spelled it right). We rented a cabin there a few years ago for a week. I loved it.
Mimi-I hope your grandson will have a good school year. He sounds like he is a smart little fellow already, so I am sure he will learn lots of new things. It is amazing how fast they grow!
I hope everyone has a good weekend. Soft hugs to all. I truely love reading everyone's post. It is great to follow everyone's journey with them and to be able to share mine.

Soft hugs,
Debbie Lewis
Your not over the hill until you are under the hill.

Helpful Tips

For All our new members
Welcome all new members, I want you to understand how important it is to be o.k. with coming here to lift your spirits and release ... More
Was this Helpful?
369 of 396 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.