Skip to content
Hump Day *****8/28/2013 *****what day is it today?????
dollbug posted:
What day is it today???? Do you know???? Yes....it is hump day. Love the commercial with the camel asking everyone what day is this today. I laugh every time I hear it. I like this one and also the pig driving the car and getting stopped by the law.....and the pig thinks it is because he is a pig driving the car when in fact, it is because his tail light is out. How funny is this one as well?

A good Hump Day to everyone. MiMi in NC where it is cloudy and I think we have a chance of rain showers today. It is already 73* so it is going to be hot again. We did have some pleasant days of weather but I do not think summer is done yet.

I do hope each of you had a good night's rest....and I hope today will be a good day for us all. I was up around 3 this morning. Furbabies decided they needed to go out. Not sure why but then they decided they did NOT want to go back in their room for the rest of the night. CoCo can jump up on the furniture. Sassy does not jump. I did not allow her to jump but CoCo did anyway.

Last night we went over to my DD house to trim dog nails. I was glad to get this over with. My DH has to hold them and I trim them. They both did good this time....which made it easier for me.
DH took them for a walk when they were finished. They love to go for walks. And then they also got a treat. So they were happy by the time we left. Our GS was ready to go to bed also right before we left. He is already tired of school. (being excited about it did not last long) It is going to be a very longgggg school year for him, I am afraid. I do hope this improves.

Welcome to the new members who have joined our FM support group recently. I am sure that each of you will soon find something that will help you cope better. It does take a trial and error process which does take time and effort....so hang in here with us and learn all you can about what others have found to help you cope better. It is a process.

Vitamin D. Be sure and ask your doctor to check this. Low Vitamin D can cause additional pain and it can also affect other illnesses as well.

Have a great Wednesday and remember to pace, pace and pace even more.

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

rudyandirmouse responded:
Good Wednesday or "camel day" to one and all. I do hope that each of you have had a good yesterday and are having a good today. A day where you do not have to deal with fibro issues or pain.

It's warm and sunny here, with no rain chances. You just gotta love the day like today. I'm getting rather spoiled with days like these. So hot, so sunny and the nights, oh my goodness, you could just sit out there and enjoy the fireflies until dawn comes up. I'm gonna miss summer so badly because I got it so late and it's going to be so short.

Still no phone call from either my PCP or the neurosurgeon's office with test results about my neck. I had thought back on Monday no news was good news but now I'm beginning to wonder maybe they're setting me up with other doctors and it's worse than I had first thought ugh. I hate thinking about it.

Not a lot to post about so will close is here wishing each of you a great day, lots of sunshine and no fibro issues or pain. Gentle hugs to all, Linda R

katmandulou responded:
Camel Day, ha ha ha, I love that commercial too!

It's warm here, 79 and sunny right now, and going into the 80s. The humidity is 62%, and I do not like it.

I'm not needed at work today (freelancing he as it's negatives) so I'll head up to see Dad after lunch. My brother told me he wants OUT and wants to see Mom. I'll talk with the head nurse and see how to get him out to see Mom, but they're adamant he can't go home. 8-(

I see the rheumy at 4, and I hope I pass his exam. Between working, not working, Mom, and Dad, I'm stretched as thinly as I can get. Last time I saw him, he gave me something else to help me sleep, and the side effects were interesting. I slept like a log, but still felt tired the next day, and I (how do I say this) made overtures to DH (in my sleep) and when he responded, I hit him, right in his overture. OMG! Giggling is ok!

Gotta get a couple things done before lunch, so I'll end here. I wish you all the best day you can possibly have!
Lou

bette_kaffitz responded:
Hi,

Boy, did we get the rain here last night. One of those hot and humid fronts came in around 2 a.m. I've seen more violent thunderstorms before, but I've seldom seen a plain, old thunderstorm last--hard--for over and hour.

Had a new experience last night. Several years ago, I was suffering almost daily migraines, but I never experienced an aura. Well, just about the time the storm was barreling in, my eyes got blurry. Then I noticed iridescent zigzags of pastel colored light flashes on the left side but with both eyes independently. It was kind of scary, but it went away when the storm did. Weird. Since I had had migraines before, I got out the Excedrin Migraine right away. Never had a headache!
I don't know whether it was the Excedrin that headed off the headache, or it was something else, but, whatever, I'm not complaining.

Had my usual trigger point injections today. Sore now, but tomorrow will be much better.

Hope your today and your tomorrow are both much better,

Bette

debrabrooks1960 responded:
Hello everyone! Hot day here. The humidity has returned. I am looking forward to fall weather getting here. My knee that I had surgery on last November is really bothering me the last couple of months. I am walking with a bad limp again. I am in a lot of pain. It is so hard to walk the half mile in and out of the prison. The doctor said I need a total knee replacement. I can not be off from work for 6 weeks. We do not have short or long term disability. I have only a week vacation due me. So I am trying to deal with the pain. Luckily everyone at work is so nice. Everyone helps me if I need it. It is the first time I have worked with people that are so nice and helpful. My sister is doing much better. The second surgery got all the infection from her breast area. The doctor said she was healing wonderfully. She still has not found out if she has to start chemo. We are all praying she will not have to have it. Linda - you should call you doctor to get the results Sometimes the test results get put on the doctor's desk and forgotten about. Mimi - I wish I had you here to trim my dog,s nails. She is 13 years old. She gets so upset when I try to trim her nails. The groomer has to knock her out just to cut her hair and trim her nails. Lou - I hope your doctor appointment went good. Betty - I have seen the aura before . I use to see them when I got migraines. I never knew what it was called before. Luckily I have not seen them since my divorce. My stress is so much less now. I am glad you did not have the headache. That was smart thinking taking the medication like you did. Good night with sweet, peaceful dreams.

Debbie
Your not over the hill until you are under the hill.

bette_kaffitz replied to katmandulou's response:
Lou,

I bet the sleep medicine was Ambien (and probably the CR version). I get up and make a mess in the kitchen walking in my sleep with no memory of any of it.

Of course, you are always good for a giggle.

Reminds me of our honeymoon period. We had a new kitten along with the new marriage. One night, we were lying in bed just starting to cuddle when the kitten discovered movement on a strange part of hubby. The kitten did what came naturally and pounced. Just imagine the joys of disengaging that cat--one little needlelike claw at a time. Every now and then, even 46 years later, we laugh about Red the kitten and his hunting prowess.

Bette

Helpful Tips

Living Well with Fibromyalgia
Greetings! I have learned patience and a positive attitude is key to my pain management. I developed Fibromyalgia after a hysterectomy in ... More
Was this Helpful?
193 of 210 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.